“An Upscale Oasis in Midtown Manhattan”
Review of The London NYC

The London NYC
Ranked #174 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Great Neck, NY
“An Upscale Oasis in Midtown Manhattan”
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Though we live in the NYC area, my wife and I decided to celebrate our anniversary with a two-night stay at the London and were extremely pleased. The two-room suites are spacious and comfortable, as was the king bed, and when I reported that a noise in the AC system had disturbed our sleep, we were immediately switched to another suite by a gracious, understanding staff member. We were also pleasantly surprised when we returned from dinner the first evening and found lovely chocolates, a bottle of prosecco, and a note from the general manager congratulating us on our anniversary. I'd recommend the London NYC to anyone looking for an upscale oasis in midtown Manhattan.

Room Tip: Request an upper floor for sweeping views of Manhattan.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Legroom

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (819)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 3 July 2013

I have to tell you, after more than 25 years of traveling, I am not shocked by much as it pertains to hotels, but The London NYC was a terrific and pleasant surprise. The suite was fantastic, concierge was helpful and the location/views cannot be better. I should also add that the senior management at the hotel should be commended. Sofia Vandaele, General Manager, is a top notch professional who truly cares about her clients. I have stayed at the hotel twice in the last month, once on business and once with family. Ms. Vandaele and her staff made sure both times that our stay was exceptional. Kudos to the London NYC for putting the client first!

Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2013

We have been to New York now 3 times and this was the best hotel we have stayed in. From the moment we arrived, we were greeted with courtesy and treated very special. The all suite rooms are fantastic. Spacious, modern and light with all the amenities you need. The staff are pleasant and helpful and always speak. The food is excellent. The cocktails are fantastic. People moan about the prices but it is a 5 star hotel so you expect that. Definitely will be returning again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank A S
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 2 July 2013

The good things about this hotel are the room size, great gym and good location in mid town. My NY friends also say that they make a good Manhattan.

The down side is the cooked breakfast. If Gordon Ramsay oversees this part of the food operation he needs to visit again fast. The scrambled eggs were not made from fresh eggs but had to be out of a carton Egg Beaters, despite staff denials. Yuk and at that price too! For breakfast go across the road to Cafe Metro. they make a good omlette where you can watch them crack the fresh eggs.

2 Thank Punkyoz
Kijuan F, London Ambassador at The London NYC, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments. It pleases us to hear that our suite size, fitness center, and midtown location lived up to your standards. Most concerning though is your feedback on your breakfast experience in Maze, and I do regret you had to encounter this. Please accept my humble apologies. Feel free to contact me directly at 212 468 8860 if you would like to discuss this matter further. Again, my apologies and we hope to serve you again in the future.

Kijuan Fryar
London Ambassador
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 30 June 2013

2 nights of bliss! My husband had business and his company booked us here. I loved it. Been to NYC many times before but never slept well due to noise. But at The London - I slept like a baby and we were on a lower floor!!! Room very quiet and spacious and well appointed!! Love that all rooms are suites and decorated beautifully and posh. Bathrooms are wonderful … my only complaint is why 2 showers? I appreciate the "oh so chic" design by Waterworks … but would have loved a shower and tub. The bathroom was huge - so there would have been room. But I’m "splitting hairs" here ... its a small complaint … honestly, how many times can you run naked back and forth between 2 beautifully appointed showers? Or how many times can you oh so comfortably shower with your mate and have room to spare? So forget the complaint! Next time I will know to book a little bit bigger suite with a tub! Problem solved! The bathrobes were just a bit of heaven - I wanted to wear it all day! Loved the "closet space" … wonderfully designed! Separate work and living area from bedroom worked wonderfully when husband had to be on phone for work related issues. The lobby is wonderfully decorated as well and the hallways to the rooms are intimately lit and feel oh so cozy and romantic when you are going back to your room. The staff and concierge could not have been nicer. Very helpful with booking a hair appointment last minute for an event related to husbands work. The proximity to many major NYC attractions make this place a “go back to” for sure!

1 Thank Gracie17
U.S.
Reviewed 29 June 2013

I really liked the roominess of the hotel suite, with an inviting couch by the window in the living room and a large comfortable bed in the bedroom, interconnected with a beautiful set of French door. The dressing area is a particularly nice touch. The couch's upholstery needed a bit of cleaning, probably because previous guests couldn't resist eating while lounging there, as I did. I enjoyed the stay, but found the Gordon Ramsey restaurant ridiculously overpriced, the food mediocre, and the service a bit haughty.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2013 via mobile

Just perfect! My suite was fabulous- concierge so helpful gave good restaurant recommendations too - and the afternoon tea was divine- would thoroughly recommend as its also a good location to get to all the main tourist things too

• Stayed August 2012