“The only thing better than the service is the location”
Review of The London NYC

The London NYC
Ranked #229 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 31 December 2013

This is the epitome of old New York Service and quality. There is never anything amiss and truly a place that seems to just have a knack for making your stay as enjoyable as possible. Our room was large for the city and also immaculately clean. The location of the property really is what put it over the edge though. Two blocks up and we were taking a carriage ride in central park. Two blocks down and we were in the middle of the excitement of Times Square. It is centrally located to everything you need and even has transportation waiting at the front door for your departure at 5:00 in the morning without having to reserve it ahead of time.

Room Tip: If traveling with a family ask about a room that has an interior entry, some suites are connected th...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (3,684)

Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

My mother rented out "The Apartment " suite and a normal suite for her husband's birthday party. We all were amazed at How lovely the rooms were. Originally the other suite was going to be on a different floor than the apartment, however to our surprise, they found a way to make the rooms on the same floor and connected. This eas perfect since the party was for over ten people. The bathrooms were beautiful and the Apartment suite made it feel like we were really in a gorgeous home. I was very Happy with the sizes of the room. I cannot wait to do this again.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 29 December 2013

This is one of those hotels that just gets it right. The location is fantastic, rooms quiet (for NYC), rooms large (a living room and a good-size bedroom) and luxurious (the bathrooms!)...not much needs to be said other than -- if you book here, you've made a good choice. I've stayed in plenty of NYC hotels and this one really does get it right.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank 7ContinentsX
Reviewed 28 December 2013

My husband and I stayed here for five nights over christmas. The rooms are huge and the staff helpful. We arrived to complimentary sparkling wine, chocolates and red wine. The bellman was also very helpful and showed us everything in the room before ensuring we got a refrigerator sent up to keep our own drinks in.
Location was excellent with Central Park and Times Square in easy walking distance. Also two nearby subways which we used often.
There's nothing negative I can say about this hotel - it was fantastic. One of the best holidays I've ever had.

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank TNE1989
Reviewed 28 December 2013

This was the third time we stayed at the London NYC during the week of Christmas, and as always..it was fantastic. we always find the service to be professional and efficient. The rooms are clean and spacious (Suites0 and the location is perfect walking distance from Central park and Broadway. We will definitely be back again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Have stayed in the London many time over the years as has my wife on her business trips. The location is good and suite only rooms are very good for an extended business or personal stay in Manhattan especially with family. Service has slipped noticeably the last two visits - both at the front desk and also in terms of housekeeping and room service and this has made me want to look elsewhere for an alternative.

Room Tip: I prefer the higher rooms with a unblocked view. Try and request.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank KAA_61
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I spent 6 nights in this hotel in November with my daughter and had a great experience of the hotel. We arrived before check in time and we were given another room and told it was a better one - a great start! We also had a later check out until 2pm and again this was offered and it was free of charge. This trip was to celebrate my daughters graduation and I told them this prior to arriving, and they sent chocolates and sparkling water to our room with a small note, a very nice touch. We dined in the Gordon Ramsay restaurant and the food was amazing, I would definately recommend this when staying there. The hotel is very central for lots of places and I would stay here again if in New York. When we were checking out a return guest was checking in, and the reception staff acknowledged this which I thought was excellent customer service.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 52nd floor and it was a terrific view.....
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family