“Excellent”

Ranked #176 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Excellent”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

A great experience. the food was excellent and I would love to go back the next time I am in town! cant wait to tell my friends! IF you are in the area you should definitely check out this place. beautiful view!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (820)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

I've been trying to stay in the London for a while and I loved it. The rooms were huge and it is so nice having the bedroom separate from the lounge area. all of the staff were very helpful. The concierge was excellent and his suggestions were exactly what I wanted. I called 2 weeks before my trip and my bookings were waiting for me when I arrived. The breakfast was delicious. It is expensive, but very good. Overall I loved the hotel. I had one small issue and it was taken care if very easily and without hassle.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank livinginlondon1344
Reviewed 4 April 2014

We love staying at the London NYC. It's not that it's the pinnacle of luxury in the City, but the rooms are very nice and clean and VERY reasonable considering you get a two room suite. Sure the rooms aren't large, but being able to close off your bedroom from the room where the door to the hallway is located means sweet noise-free dreams!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dallas, TX
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

Vista suite is one of the bargains in NY. Roomy 2 room suite with panoramic views of midtown Manhattan and Central Park. Efficient polite staff. We ordered a club sandwich from room service at midnight and it was delivered within 10 minutes - complete with crisp french fries. Checkin and checkout was instantaneous with a smile. Room and bathroom were immaculate.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
pittsburgh pa
Reviewed 2 April 2014

My husband and I stay at the London whenever we travel to NYC and it's available (two to three times per year). We love the London, not just for its large rooms and great location, but for the wonderful staff. Everyone we encounter is warm, helpful, and naturally friendly. I contacted them in advance with special requests, which were happily and fully met. We usually travel alone, but this last trip was different - we took our young adult daughter and two of her friends for spring break. The other young ladies had never stayed at a hotel of this level before, it was obvious the trio was of college kids hanging out. Even so, they were treated with the same graciousness, making me appreciate the London even more.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 1 April 2014

The London features all suites. The rooms are large on paper, but the layout leaves you feeling a bit tight since the rooms are often separated by walls into a living area and a bedroom (I have stayed here multiple times). It is nice to spread out in a living room in NY, but the furniture is way too funky to be useful. Pricing is very high, the room service menu is nothing special, and the service tends to be non-existent. On the positive side, the bathrooms are very nice (Great surfaces and fixtures, though the showers are typically narrow), the gym is great, and you will likely run into celebrities (and perhaps paparazzi by the door). It is a quiet hotel. Location is also great.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2014

My usual one night stay in a truly lovely Hotel - a great shame, but I was on Business. What little interaction I did have with the staff was absolutely up to the highest standard that you would hope for. I was even alowed to carry my own bag to my room. Up on the 42nd floor I had a corner suite with fabulous views and all the comfort that I could wish for. As other visitors have stated, the shower was great, the bed super comfortable - with a good rest for an early exit from the Hotel and NYC. Internet connectivity was easy - important to me - and my only minor qualification was the lighting over my case was a little dim for packing!! And that sums it up - you will struggle to criticize this superb hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business