“Best hotel I have ever stayed in”
Review of The London NYC

The London NYC
Ranked #209 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 30 June 2009

I work in New York a few blocks away from The London, and for my girlfriend's birthday I surprised with a suite at the London after dinner.

Set in a great tourist area of New York (an area I usually try to avoid), it is a short walk from 30 Rock, Central Park, Times Square, the MOMA, St. Pat's, and so many good restaurants. We simply got a London Suite, but asked for the highest floor possible, and the views were amazing.

My girlfriend swears still that the bed was the most comfortable she ever slept on. The living room area was really cool, there were two swivel flat screen tv's so you can watch from anywhere in the suite. The bathroom was amazing; two showerheads and a very cool design. Honestly, I could gush about the suite for a long time. We ordered room service breakfast in bed and it was fanastastic.

My only gripe about my stay is that I called twice to ask for champagne glasses for a bottle of champagne I had on ice waiting for us to return and they were never brought. But the rest of the stay was so absolutely amazing it didn't even put a slight damper on the trip.

Living and working in NYC, I don't know the next time I would stay in a hotel here, but if I do it will without a doubt be this one. It's the definition of luxury. Without a doubt, the best hotel I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,640)

Reviewed 21 June 2009

I love luxury, modern style hotels and the London NYC was the perfect mix of both. The location can't be beat, situated within walking distance to all the major tourist attractions, yet on a not so busy street. Check-in at the hotel was prompt. I had seen pictures of the hotel online, but the 'WOW' factor was not there until we actually entered the room.

WOW! It wasn't just a room with a bed (We had a King)...it was a suite in Manhattan! The room was bigger than a few of my friend's apartments in the city! Immediately, walking into the room we saw a great window and below a stylish, yet not comfortable sofa. Loved the light blue/cream decor. The room was super clean and didn't have any weird smells....which I always fear when staying at hotels.

Warning: Do no even open the minibar. You pay once you move somthing around and they automatically charge your credit card. Like I said, the location is great so several eateries and convience stores are only minutes away...so if you have the urge just take a walk for that chocolate bar.

Next room was the bedroom..where we entered through mirrored french doors to a modern sleek bed (same as pic on website). It looked great..but it was a firm firm mattress..not my taste but ok for the night.

To add more Wow...was the bathroom. SPECTACULAR. You have to see it for yourself. Two shower heads....ummm yeah. AWESOME.

We didn't eat at Gordan Ramsey's spot or order room service, so I can't review those areas. But on a good note, we didn't get interrupted by housekeeping during our entire stay (or we just weren't in the room at the time). I loved this hotel.

My bf and I are looking to reserve another weekend soon!

Reviewed 20 June 2009

I had a girls week with my 2 teenage daughters. We stayed in a Vista suite. It was on the 45th floor and we had a corner room. Very large. Plenty of room with a rollaway for the 3 of us. Large bathroom with a very large shower.
Loved the convenience of walking around to Times Square and to Broadway.
Did not eat at the restaurants but had room service one evening which was very good.
No problem other than us ordering a car to pick us up at 4:15am and at 4:30 they figured out after calling the car was ordered for 4:15pm so we took a cab to the airport and ended up saving ourselves $110. No big deal really. My husband was glad after all we spent shopping.
Would stay again for our next NYC trip.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank atlmom2
Reviewed 16 June 2009

We stayed in the London for 3 nights of a 6 night trip to NYC.
Our only regret is that we didn't stay here for the whole trip!
The rooms are huge - proper suites with large lounge areas and incredible bathrooms.
The location is great - a few blocks from Central Park, Broadway and Times Square but on a quiet road - we weren't disturbed by noise (but we were on floor 26. Noise might be an issue on lower floors, but I can't really comment)
There are lots of good delis and cafes a short walk away if you don't want breakfast in the hotel, and the concierge were more than happy to make recommendations.
We didn't have breakfast in the hotel, but we did have lunch in the Maze restaruant and it was great value - $28 for 2 courses for excellent food in a great dining room.
Compared to other hotels we've stayed in, this was really great. The staff were always very friendly and helpful, allowing us an early check-in and late check-out without any problems, and the rooms are spotlessly clean.
The decor is modern without being too overdesigned and it definitely feels very high end.
I'd be surprised if there is another hotel in NY which comes close to the London in terms of space and value for money. I'd stay there again without any hesitation.

1  Thank Cat_Ar
Reviewed 11 June 2009

If I had written my review the 1st time I stayed at the London NYC, it would have been glowing. However, during my 2nd trip - it was a very different experience. Room was dirty, ill stocked and service was slow. All wasn't horrible as there were somethings that were just as good as the 1st visit. It could have been bad week for them, so, that's why they doesn't get a low overall rating. I plan on trying it one more time before deciding to either up my score or lower it.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank JSPrima
Reviewed 10 June 2009

My girlfriend and I spent a long weekend in NYC and stayed at the London. Midtown is not my favorite neighborhood in NYC, but the location of this hotel was great for exploring the city. It was very quiet at night, we had no issues with noise. The room and hotel itself was very clean, hip, swanky, and we were very impressed. HUGE bathroom with double sinks, and a double shower even. Would definately stay here again!!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank ChiTravelgirl42
Reviewed 2 June 2009

Being a frequent traveler to NYC I was extremely pleased to find the London NYC. I based my decision to stay at the London on the reviews I found online. Before I arrived I had the pleasure of speaking to Dominique, the general manager to ask a few questions. He was most accommodating, answered my questions and even recommended a fantastic "secret" NYC restaurant. I also had the pleasure of corresponding with Jared, the concierge prior to my arrival to help with some special arrangements. I booked a suite for myself and my son and his wife and the suites were spectacular. Large, clean, modern, perfect ! While I enjoy the Mandarin and the Four Seasons, I will be making The London NYC my new hotel of choice in NYC. The exceptional service from the general manager and everyone down the line was stellar !!! These folks have the right idea, they know how to treat people and establish life long relationships … Being from the south, I appreciate good service and the London NYC was absolutely exceptional.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends