“Fantastic”
Review of The London NYC

The London NYC
Ranked #229 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 7 August 2009

My new favorite hotel in NY. Service was outstanding (a rarity in NY). Room was tastefully decorated and spacious. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (3,684)

Reviewed 7 August 2009

I stayed at the London Hotel and would rate this hotel the best I have ever stayed at.
The warmth and attentiveness of the staff made me feel at home. They could have not been more acccomodating, especially the manager Elvi who went out of his way to make sure we had everything we needed!
Everytime you walked in or out, every employee smiled, and asked if there was anything we needed.
The rooms were spotless amd the comfort of the bed was better than mine at home.
Lastly, the location is a throw to anything and everything.
I am extremely fussy, so believe me, this hotel is rated as only the Best.
This is the place to stay!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 August 2009

We loved our stay @ the London. Our room was beautiful, clean and had a wonderful view. The beds and linens were high quality as well as comfortable. The hotel is in a great location. We had the most delicious dinners recommended by the conceirge. The staff couldn't have been any more professional and courteous. We are looking forward to our next visit!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2009

My husband and I stayed at the London NYC for 3 nights over our 10th wedding anniversary. Lots of help with the booking and from the concierge on where to go when we got there. When we arrived after a long flight we were curtly told by the receptionist that our room wasn't ready. Disappointing reception to what was supposed to be a really special occasion. No help on what to do for 2 hours while they cleaned it. We came back 2 hours later and were met with a better reception - and shown around our room. the room was large and clean and beautifully decorated - really special. In the evening we opted to have dinner served to us in our room rather than eating in the restaurant. It was truly brilliant - fantastic service, food was out of this world. The next day the hotel sent a bottle of complimentary champagne to out room to wish us happy anniversary!
During our stay a few things went wrong - one night we got locked in our bedroom - the catch locked shut and we were trapped. We phoned down and within 2 minutes an engineer was there breaking in from the other side. The next day the shower broke - again we phoned down and someone was up to fix it within 3 minutes. Fantastic service there, although the breakages were a shame! On our last night we ate in the bar and the food was a bit disappointing and the service was slow.
All in all it was a brilliant place to stay - generally the service was very good - but I would recommend emailing them a few times before hand to book stuff so they know who you are when you arrive, especially if it's a special occasion. The rooms are large and views are fantastic. Modern contemporary feel. Nice pillows and comfy beds! The free Wi-Fi in the room also worked very well for Skyping home.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2009

I have stayed in every hotel in New York and the London NYC is by far the best hotel!!! The staff is super friendly and beyond helpful. The rooms are amazing for the money - extremely large and always clean!

Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 July 2009

The service was truly awful. I was initially assigned a room for disabled persons without any notice. When I asked to switch rooms, I was given a smaller room 20 floors below, which smelled like mold because the minibar was filled with moldy food from the prior occupant.

When I demanded a new room, the duty manager showed up at my door with a security guard and told me that I should leave the hotel if I was unhappy with my room and the failure by the front desk personnel to properly respond to my complaint. I contacted the general manager, but received no response.

The hotel is poorly run and not well maintained. My room was dirty. The lobby is loud and crowded, without any seating, lines of guests waiting to check-in, and baggage carts all over the place. The elevator smelled like marijuana. This is not what I would describe as a luxury property. The staff and management needs training and adult supervision.

I checked out early. Avoid this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
4  Thank d1901
Reviewed 30 July 2009

I really like this hotel's location, the large reasonably priced suites and for the most part the staff are excellent, but the rooms in this hotel are starting to get worn. Mine was downright dirty, with several unclean surfaces (e.g. finger prints). The carpets were a bit frayed and the hardwood floors were scratched and scuffed. I wanted to work on my computer but found the tiny desk and chair with no back rather difficult for this purpose. The bar and restaurant are excellent but when it comes to room service, the portions can be small for the price charged. I used to recommend this hotel enthusiastically, but feel much more ambivalent now.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business