“Amazing hotel in an amazing location!”
Review of The London NYC

The London NYC
Ranked #179 of 466 Hotels in New York City
kelowna bc
“Amazing hotel in an amazing location!”
Reviewed 13 September 2009

We stayed at The London NYC for 5 nights and we think we made the absolute best choice of accommodation. We booked through expedia and got an excellent rate for such a fabulous property. The accommodation is all suites and the bedroom and living area are huge! Beautiful glass and tile bathrooms with double showers - some rooms had a single shower and a bathtub. The service was excellent - we had coffee to the room each morning and it arrived very quickly. We had a problem opening the minibar and they sent someone up to remedy it at once. The front desk and concierge staff were also most helpful. AND......the location - it couldn't be any better! We were 2 blocks from Central Park and right between 6th and 7th Ave so everything was on our doorstep. We walked to shopping, restaurants, theatre, Central Park and sightseeing, There were subway stops all around us depending where we wanted to go. I'd highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (824)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York
Reviewed 8 September 2009

We lucked out in choosing The London. Our room was comfortable, clean, and nicely appointed with modern furnishings. The location was unbeatable. The unexpected gifts for our birthdays was a special touch. The food at Gordon Ramsey's restaurant was delectable. The only thing that was not worth the money was room-service breakfast—way too expensive for what you get. Overall, I'd recommend this place to friends, family, and everyone else. Contact one of their customer service reps, Julie Andrews, before your stay and tell her anything you need. She's great!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed 7 September 2009

Rooms very modern and comfortable. Concierge helpful.
Parking was the only negative.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank gatordiner
Mumbai, India
Reviewed 4 September 2009

I chose the London for a personal trip in August based on reviews that stated the rooms were much larger and its midtown location.

My husband and I arrived with a multitude of bags and the valet was very quick to get a bell cart, whisked it away and the next time we saw everything was in our room. Check in was quick and efficient, they noticed that I had made a request for a higher floor and honored it.

The rooms are very spacious for a hotel at this price range. Most high end boutique hotels will have a well furnised but tiny room, here you had an entry way, a sitting area that could be closed off with frech doors, a small workspace next to the windows, a large king sized bed, a closet area and then a bath that was huge as well. I do want to note that the closet area was completely open, and only had the space for us to hang items from. I did miss having a chest or shelves to put away some of my smaller items. The room was the one that you saw right off the elevator, given its location, I did wonder if perhaps some of the other rooms might have had a different layout. The closet design was a small issue though, and I really appreciated having the space to spread out and almost feel like you are in a small apartment rather than a hotel room. The room also had large windows and you had a lot of light. It was furnished in shades of light blue and was very pleasant and had a boutique yet homey vibe. The bed was big, well made with comfortable linen.

The bathroom had a great shower and lots of space to walk around, though like the closets I was perplexed by the lack of counterspace and hooks to hang towels, bathrobes from.

Flat screen TVs in both the sitting and sleeping area as well as free Wifi made for convenient entertainment.

Service was impeccable, friendly without being intrusive. The clientele seemed mostly European. The midtown location is convenient for fifth ave shopping, its close to the park etc.

I did not get to sample wares at the famous Ramsey restaurant, though we did spend some time at the bar and had some really great cocktails. Both my husband and I commented that you felt like you were in London rather than in New York while inside the hotel!

I used the fitness center for yoga one day, it was spacious with some good high end machines.

Unfortunately my trip was cut short abruptly and I had to leave in a hurry. I called at about 10 am, to let them know that I would come after noon to check out. They were extremely gracious during checkout and in fact despite the fact that I packed up at about 2 pm, they did not charge me for an extra day. I had left some items with the concierge for pick up and we had a small issue as they were not able to locate it when I asked for it. However, they diligently followed up with me via e-mail, ensure that they found it and kept the package ready for pick up.

In all, I do think the Hotel desrves its extreamely high ratings for service and spaciousneess. I like the room layouts a lot. Free wifi is very welcome. I did feel they could think a little more about storage re: closets and usage in the bathroom. But this was a minor want and the plusses far outweight the minuses at the hotel.

I would definitly stay here again and would highly recommend it to families who will really appreciate the extra space. Its great value for money. The friendly and efficient service is a cherry on top!

new jersey
Reviewed 3 September 2009

The suite they gave us at the London was beautiful, spacious and the service was outstanding.
We dined at Gordon Ramsey's restaurant and the food and service was excellent we will
make it a point to stay at the London Hotel on our next visit to NYC

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Leicester, UK
Reviewed 31 August 2009

This hotel is really very suited for Business travellers. My brother in law travels to NYC alot and has started staying here. I was planning a trip to NYC wiyth my mother who has never been so decided to splash out a little. The feedback on the hotel was very good so after much deliberation i booked a room (suite).

the plus points :
GREAT location - located on 54th street - ideally located for all the best attractions
GREAT Breakfast - a very nice selection that should cater for most tastes. breakfast service is also very good and it takes place in the MAZE (a gordon ramsay restaurant)
GREAT ROOMS. they are very clean, spacious for new york. I needed a room with two beds and i got this . Rooms are very well equiped both for comfort and technically for the business traveller. the bathrooms are huge also - although we did not need it - it had a combined his and her shower. lots of storage in the room.
GREAT Concierge staff. JARED and Ritchie who assisted me a great deal are brilliant. They all are very helpful. only i had more dealings with Jared and Ritchie. The guys are very helpful and nothing is too much trouble. If you wanna get into a club or restaurant that is hard to get into - then these guys can work wonders. - the real deal on Conceirge !
the BAR is a very nice to chill and have a drink. it certainly gets a certain standard of clientele.
The GYM is excellent. its got the latest TECHNO GYM equipment. very spacious and very well equipped

negative points
1. no BBC world service on TV
2. my check in was not great so i told the front office manager who assured me that he was going to have words. dont be served by Anna. Other wise they are very good and very helpful.
3. the breakfast bill arrived too early on into my breakfast. other than that - the whole breakfast package was very good.

other points :

the hotel offers a complimentary car to take you 20 blocks . north or south of the hotel. that means up to 74th street and down as far as 34th street. I never got told this during the checkin process and the door men were telling me different stories regarding how far the car (which is used on a 1st come 1st served basis) could be taken, so after getting annoyed i told them to i wanted to go and they took me. did not like that . but iuf you stay here its worth noting....after all it all part of the package. Look out for the car with a number plate called GOLD 5 - this is the hotel comp car...

Would i go back ? - only on Business. Its not suited to a family. if you need two beds in a room, this is a great hotel. the rooms as i mentioned are a great size having stayed in a few very nice hotels (*e.g. ROYALTON rooms are very small in comparison)

it not suited to families in my opinion. the Hilton i think would be a better choice for the area. Because of the service i received i have given it 3 stars - otherwise it would have been 5.

the important thing is that my mother enjoyed her stay and trip.
best of luck !

Corona, California
Reviewed 25 August 2009

We just returned from a lovely stay in a Vista suite at the London. Upon entering our suite on the 38th floor, I saw 2 dozen roses. My husband had contacted the concierge to arrange for their delivery and was quite pleased with the quality and price. Both the living room and bedroom had views of Central Park. The room was scrupulously clean and was kept so throughout our stay. We loved the clean, modern, yet warm, decor. We had a memorable dinner at maze by Gordon Ramsay, as well as a delightful afternoon tea. The London Bar is a quiet refuge for an afternoon drink (delicious mojitos!) Food is expensive but of very high quality. For the rate we paid (from $339-389 per night) we feel that we received an excellent value.