First off, let me say the hotel was very clean and well kept. In NYC, that is a big plus. Having said that, there are couple of things worth mentioning about.
The rooms are tiny, I understand it is NYC and real estate is premium, but the fact of the matter is the rooms are small. If you are planning your visit with family or a group of people, given the circumstance, you may want to consider something a little bigger. The rooms are very close to each other, and the walls are not the best for sound proofing. If you are a light sleeper, consider that.
The hotel is very large, but the breakfast area is just an extension of the lobby, therefore you may end up eating in your room, given the lack of seating area. The quality of the breakfast is no frills. A lot of questions were asked in regard to what certain things are?? But having breakfast is better than not, so that's a plus.
On the first night, we had to be moved to a different hotel because everything was booked sold out. The second night we had to wait quite a while for the room to be ready. This gives you a taste of the popularity of the place. It is fairly convenient, close to Penn Station, Macy's and other attractions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express New York City - Chelsea hotel located right in the heart of Chelsea and Madison Square Garden area. We include a complimentary hot and cold Express Start Breakfast for all guests of the hotel. Our hotel is a new 15 story high-rise hotel with amenities to include free high speed wired and wireless Internet access, free local calls, fitness center, rear garden terrace and a full business center. We are just ten short blocks from Times Square. Also within walking distance is Penn Station, the Empire State Building, Jacob Javits Convention Center, Fashion Institute of Technology, Theatre District, Macy's, mid-town and 5th Avenue shopping. Rockefeller Center is just one mile away! We are also centrally located to many fine restaurants, entertainment venues and some of the finest shopping the city has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Hotels.com, IHG, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express New York City - Chelsea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Nyc - Madison Square Garden Hotel New York City
- Holiday Inn New York City
- New York City Holiday Inn