I was surprised here since this was a business trip. The desks were too small to be able to work there. Also, the internet did not function and I had to spend more than a half an hour with the helpdesk myself just to get a connection set up, though I had no specific problems with my laptop. Telephone also needed to be fixed by the handyman as something was wrong in the phone itself. The heaters keep the room warm enough, but lots of noise on start-up and since it was blown from the box, there was a 10 degree difference from the floor to the bed level. But, in any case, Ithe sleep was fine. Breakfast was edible, but the quality of the eggs and sausage was readily noticed as not top! There was sufficient quantity, though, and the pancake maker was efficient enough. One Elevator was out for 2 days, which meant all the clean up and maintenace crews competed with the clients for space on the lifts. There was a safe at the front desk, which I appreciated greatly so I didn't need to carry passports, etc., around all the time in the city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thank you for choosing the newly renovated Holiday Inn Express New York City - Chelsea hotel located right in the heart of Chelsea and Madison Square Garden area. We include a complimentary hot and cold Express Start Breakfast for all guests of the hotel. Our recently refreshed 15-story high-rise hotel with amenities include free high speed wired and wireless Internet access, free local calls, fitness center, rear garden terrace and a full business center. We are just ten short blocks from Times Square. Also within walking distance is Penn Station, the Empire State Building, Jacob Javits Convention Center, Fashion Institute of Technology, Theatre District, Macy's, mid-town and 5th Avenue shopping. Rockefeller Center is just one mile away! We are also centrally located to many fine restaurants, entertainment venues and some of the finest shopping the city has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express New York City - Chelsea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Nyc - Madison Square Garden Hotel New York City
- Holiday Inn New York City
- New York City Holiday Inn