What a fantastic hotel.
We found all the staff so friendly and most helpful - nothing was too much to ask. We had a problem printing out tickets to the 9/11 memorial and one of the staff kindly did this, after I forwarded the email reply to him.
WiFi was excellent in our room. I had problems (my fault) setting up WiFi on my iPad but one of the staff kindly helped out.
There is a business centre where guests can use 2 computers and printers.
The free breakfast was the best we've ever had. Such a great variety of cereals, juices, breads, yoghurt, fresh fruit, muffins, bagels, sweet pastries, tea, coffee and hot food which we didn't partake in. You certainly won't go away hungry. The dining is a good size but I would suggest you go early as it does get very busy. There are also tables out the front of the hotel.
During the day there is always coffee, tea and ice water available. There's also a microwave if you need to heat/cook something.
Our room, although small, as is usual for NY, was very clean. Our bed was very comfortable and each room has its own airconditioner - it is possible to open the window slightly. There were toiletries in the bathroom - soap, shampoo, conditioner, mouth wash, bath gel (yes the room had a bath) and lotion. They are ball replaced as you use them. Our room had a flat screen TV with adequate channels.
We were on the 15th floor and we had no noise from the street. We were able to look out the window and see the Empire State Building, off to or right.
The hotel is very close to transport (subway and buses) and you can get a cab easily, close by.
There are many restaurants within walking distance. We ate at an Indian opposite - food was not too bad. We also ate pizza which was great - I do agree that NY pizza is fantastic. We also at some good Thai. If you ask at Reception they will give you a sheet with restaurants tha are close by.
To get to the hotel we used the AirTrain from JFK Airport to Jamaica and then the rail (LIRR) to Pennsylvania (Penn) Station, which left us with a short 5 minute walk to the hotel - it was so easy and cost us less than $20 - the trip from the airport took around one hour - it wasn't a tedious trip either! (After you collect your luggage at the airport follow the signs to the AirTrain. We arrived at the airport at 7pm and found that there were people to assist with directions if needed. The shuttle service costs around $40 for two adults to the hotel. We heard a man telling one of the staff at our hotel that he'd caught a cab and the driver had charged him $300!!)
We would stay at this hotel if/when we return to the fabulous city of NY.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thank you for choosing the newly renovated Holiday Inn Express New York City - Chelsea hotel located right in the heart of Chelsea and Madison Square Garden area. We include a complimentary hot and cold Express Start Breakfast for all guests of the hotel. Our recently refreshed 15-story high-rise hotel with amenities include free high speed wired and wireless Internet access, free local calls, fitness center, rear garden terrace and a full business center. We are just ten short blocks from Times Square. Also within walking distance is Penn Station, the Empire State Building, Jacob Javits Convention Center, Fashion Institute of Technology, Theatre District, Macy's, mid-town and 5th Avenue shopping. Rockefeller Center is just one mile away! We are also centrally located to many fine restaurants, entertainment venues and some of the finest shopping the city has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express New York City - Chelsea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Nyc - Madison Square Garden Hotel New York City
- Holiday Inn New York City
- New York City Holiday Inn