Overall this is a clean and safe place to stay in a good location for an affordable price.
My initial experience was great as the front desk staff was very pleasant upon check in, which is always important to me.
The rooms are small but this is NYC and space is a premium everywhere so it's not super suprising. The room was clean and affordable. The location was good - fairly easy to get to anywhere I needed to go and less than a $10 cab ride to Times Square.
The beds weren't very comfortable and my sleep was below average - even for a hotel.
The breakfast buffet wasn't anything special. I ate a banana one day - that was it. The coffee bar was sub-par (see below).
Attention coffee lovers: The coffee pot in my room was NOT clean, it was rather disgusting. I like to have a cup of coffee before bed and most importantly while I'm trying to get ready in the morning. First morning I suffered without coffee until I got to the office. The second morning I ventured down to the lobby in my pj's and grabbed coffee. Note: this might have been one of the WORST coffee bars at a hotel that I've ever experienced. The creamer selction was milk or half and half (none of the little flavored cups) and the sugar selection consisted of standard table sugar and Splenda (no pink or blue or sugar in the raw). If coffee isn't important to you then this part won't matter - but to me - It's a BIG deal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thank you for choosing the newly renovated Holiday Inn Express New York City - Chelsea hotel located right in the heart of Chelsea and Madison Square Garden area. We include a complimentary hot and cold Express Start Breakfast for all guests of the hotel. Our recently refreshed 15-story high-rise hotel with amenities include free high speed wired and wireless Internet access, free local calls, fitness center, rear garden terrace and a full business center. We are just ten short blocks from Times Square. Also within walking distance is Penn Station, the Empire State Building, Jacob Javits Convention Center, Fashion Institute of Technology, Theatre District, Macy's, mid-town and 5th Avenue shopping. Rockefeller Center is just one mile away! We are also centrally located to many fine restaurants, entertainment venues and some of the finest shopping the city has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Splitty, Expedia, IHG, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express New York City - Chelsea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Nyc - Madison Square Garden Hotel New York City
- Holiday Inn New York City
- New York City Holiday Inn