Holiday Inn Express New York City - Chelsea
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$371
US$343
  • Room Service
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$199
US$195
  • Pool
The Lucerne Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$367
US$251
  • Restaurant
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$226
US$188
  • Restaurant
Kimpton Muse Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$284
  • Restaurant
The Kimberly Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$322
US$308
Orbitz.com
US$309
  • Breakfast included
  • Fitness centre
US$291
  • Pool
Stewart Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$246
US$210
US$472
Hotelpower.com
  • Breakfast included
2,132 results
All reviewsmadison square gardenpenn stationhi expressnew yorkthe breakfast areatimes squarefree breakfastbagelsrooms are smallthe empire state buildingtea coffeefront desk staffstayed here for nightsfew blockssubway lineconvenient locationaround the corner
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Stayed here with my daughter.Good value for NYC and includes breakfast. The rooms are typical standard rooms, enough space for what you need but you don't go the NYC to stay in your hotel room all day. The room was clean and served it's purpose as a good base to explore the city. We had previously stayed in the HIE in Times Square and both were as good as each other. It was easy to get to Penn Station and use the subway. We used the subway and Airtrain to and from JFK - total cost $7.50 each way per person. So easy to do and much better value than a taxi or add on transportation. Would stay here again when visiting NYC.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
gdesoiza, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express New York City - Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Thanks so much for staying with us and for writing such a nice review. The Times Square property is managed by the same company that our's is. So, we hope that you will always stay at one of the other when you are in New York. We try very hard to give you a great guest experience, make sure that the breakfast selection is fully stocked, the staff is friendly and the rooms are clean.
It's especially nice to hear that you found us to be a good value. Oftentimes, travelers are shocked by the prices in New York. We try our best.
That's a great tip about the AirTrain for JFK. It's not as easy as jumping in a taxi, but you get here in about the same time and save money. I've used it myself.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

My wife and I spent the weekend in NYC for my birthday celebration with family living in the area. My first at an Express and I wasn't sure what to expect given it’s not a full hotel. Wow was I pleasantly surprised!. At check-in, the front desk wished me happy birthday and as an Ambassador Member, I received snack and a gift basket complements of their GM Gary DeSoiza. Room was small but adequate and larger than I expected. Staff attentive and the breakfast buffet, although crowded in the morning, moved quickly and efficiently with a large selection of food. Awesome location with shopping and other entertainment very convenient. Nothing but good to say here and my complements to Mr.de Soiza for running an awesome property. I did have an issue which was not the hotel's. There is an arrangement with LittleMan Parking next door for $30 (with an endorsement). On my first day, they still charged me the full rate of $38 and even with an acknowledgement that they owed me they would not credit me at check-out. I gave the information and note to the front desk and late today I received word from the GM that he would take care of this (even though not his issue). Now that's awesome service from the top. No wonder all of the employees follow his lead.

Room Tip: be polite and ask nicely
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Elite Travelers,
I'm so happy that we were able to provide a 5 star birthday experience. Your review makes us all feel really proud of our efforts and our ability to overcome our challenging breakfast crowd and our reliance on a local vendor for Parking. What's most important to me is that you and your family enjoyed yourselves. Your loyalty to the IHG Brand family of hotels is truly appreciated; along with your continued effort to provide recommendations to travelers in the cities that you visit.
Thank you for your kind remarks about me. I hope that you will return to our property again an again when you visit NY. Happy Birthday (again)! I wish you many more wonderful years, adventures and great experience.
Gary DeSoiza, General Manager

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Nice comfortable hotel near Madison Square Garden. At check-in, an Assistant Manager checked me in , and as an IHG gold priority member, offered me either bonus points or some bottled water and snacks for the room. The room was small but clean and comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was also very good. The only negative on the trip was that the NY Rangers lost in overtime. Maybe next time, I will ask the management to guarantee me a hockey win!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Ronald R
gdesoiza, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express New York City - Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Thanks for the great review Ronald.
I'll see what I can do about the Ranger's future success. Contact me personally next time you're in. Maybe we can find a way to celebrate a win or drown your disappointment if they ever loose again.
Gary DeSoiza
gary.desoiza@hhmlp.com

Reviewed 5 March 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 2 nights, and while the room was a bit small it was still comfortable for our two night stay (I wouldn't recommend for a long period stay). Location is great walking distance to many attractions.On top of being reasonable priced they also provide complimentary breakfast, which as a guest I appreciate.The staff while I didn't interact with them much were very friendly. Overall I would defs recommend this place to anyone looking for a good price and a short weekend stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Joanne2990
Maggie H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express New York City - Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear Joanne2990,

Thank you so much for taking a moment to share experience with fellow Trip Advisor users! We are pleased to hear that you and your boyfriend enjoyed your recent stay with our hotel. Thank you for complimenting the friendliness of our team and for recommending our hotel to potential future guests!

Warmest Regards,

Maggie Houston
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Wonderful hotel excellent value for money , close to subway and shops . The Breakfast Buffett (included in the rate ) delivered a delicious and varied choice of goodies. Rafael with his cheerful smile was amazing at keeping the busy breakfast area clean .

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear 323CatieC,

We are pleased that you found your visit of excellent value! Thank you for complimenting the cheerful demeanor of Raphael, our Houseman. Raphael enters each day with a smile that could light up any room and we are very lucky to have him on our team. We will certainly share your feedback with him. (We're sure it'll make him smile!)

Please visit us again. We would love the opportunity to welcome you back!

All the Best,