“perfect location!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Marshall, Michigan
“perfect location!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

we stayed here in oct 2013. i was 8 months pregnant and we took a road trip along with my parents who came from India to see me. the location is perfect. very near to subway station. i live in Michigan and this was our first visit to New York. the location of this hotel is very central. walking distance from times square, madame tussads. Hotel is very clean but the rooms are small. No complains about that because its NYC. breakfast was very good. the front desk are exceptionally helpful with all your needs. the only downside was we parked our car with the hotel's parking facility and after 3 days the parking bill was nearly $100. but overall a very good hotel.

• Stayed October 2013
gdesoiza, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express New York City - Chelsea, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our property.
We're really pleased that you enjoyed our location, our cleanliness, the sights and our staff.
We're sorry to hear that the parking charges were a surprise. Regrettably, in NYC, parking is always an extra expense and believe it or not $30 per night is a bargain.
We hope that all is well with your family.
gary.desoiza@hhmlp.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
philadelphia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

This hotel is close enough to walk to the theater district which we liked. I loved that they had outdoor seating for our breakfast (nice weather in June). Breakfast was average - typical of Holiday Inn. Our kids had a twin room - very good. We had a king room with a large jacuzzi bath. I liked it - but be aware there is no door between the shower/bath and bedroom. Beds were comfortable and internet was good.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank bratzoe
Thank you for considering us an "Excellent Hotel"
Our proximity to the Theatre District and Herald Square shopping is ideal.
We're sorry if the "peek a boo" shower door, looking into the bedroom was a surprise. We're happy to hear you were comfortable.
NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

This hotel is convenient wrt Lincoln Tunnel, and has an affiliated parking on the same block with a special overnt rate (up to 25 hrs). Note that if you need to keep car parked longer than that, e.g. stay in the city a whole day after checking out of the hotel, then it's cheaper to move the car in the morning to the Edison parking lot on the same block for their daily rate. Hotel's staff were all very helpful and friendly, that's a real plus. We also appreciated the IHG member's welcoming gift bag (not all HIEs provide this perk). Room was pretty tight, and door is right against the bed
and unfortunately that means hallway noise/conversation could really bother a light sleeper. This is a very busy hotel and often had a longish wait for elevators.
Breakfast was standard with hardworking staff to keep all items stocked and areas clean.
During peak hours there isn't enough seating for bkft, you can ask staff for a tray to carry food & drink to outside tables or to rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from elevators!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our property and offer some tips for others to enjoy their experience. Your advice about parking and utilizing a breakfast tray to avoid the crowds is very valuable and sound.
Please feel free to contact me personally when you choose to return
West Chester, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

I typically stay at the Holiday Inn Express on Wall Street in the Financial District, as that is closer to my office. About a month ago, I had to travel to New York unexpectedly and the Wall St. Holiday Inn Express was booked full. I had no choice but to begrudgingly reserve a room that was no longer convenient to my commute. When I arrived, however, I was greeted by Frankie and Tenelle who immediately put a smile on my face! They were very kind and welcoming (even gave me a water bottle so I didn't have to go to the vending machines) and called after I walked into my room to make sure everything was to my liking. There was a large jacuzzi tub in between the bathroom and the bedroom that really opened up the room. It felt exquisite to have so much space in the middle of Manhattan! The price was right for it, too. I ended up booking this hotel again, even though it was inconvenient to my office, because of the amazing staff and comfortable room. I would recommend this to anyone!

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a room with a jacuzzi! They generally cost the same as a regular room with a ki...
2 Thank Melissa A
gdesoiza, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express New York City - Chelsea, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Thank you Melissa!
Wer'e really happy to hear that you found us and enjoyed your stay. We're very familiar with the Express on Wall Street. Our management company is the same.
We appreciate your loyalty to our brand and we hope that you will consider staying with us again. Feel free to contact me personally. Perhaps I can help you with the subway system and make your commute to the office easier.
Newcastle, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

This is a well located hotel, close to mini markets, restaurants, drugstores, casual eateries and subway entrances. It is within walking distance to the river, Madison Square Garden, Times Square, Macys, Penn Central and the Chrysler Building. The rooms were comfortable, clean and a reasonable size (for New York) while the staff were efficient, courteous and helpful. The included breakfast was simple but ample with the opportunity to be seated inside or adjacent to the sidewalk under a portico near the entrance. We stayed six nights and were happy with our choice of hotel due to its location, value, comfort and cleanliness.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the great review John B!
Our midtown, westside location is ideal to get around and see so much of NYC's attractions.
We're really happy to hear that you were able to enjoy our patio/portico.
I hope you get a chance to visit us or another Holiday Inn family hotel again in the near future.
Clancy, Montana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed here for 5 nights in May 2014 while attending a conference at the Jarvis Center. The hotel was perfect for this location. Although it was not listed as a property for my conference, it was easily within walking distance (15 - 20 minutes).
Staff was courteous, breakfast was good. Coffee was good, which is a rarity in hotel coffee. Fitness center was small. This might have been an issue, but many of the other hotel patrons were French when I was there. Apparently the French do not exercise, so the small fitness room was not a problem!
Elevator was SLOW (and the fact that French people do not seem to understand up and down was a confounding factor.)
Jacuzzi tub was amazing.
My room (once I got there) was very quite and comfortable.
I would stay there again.

Room Tip: My room was on the 15th / top floor. It was quiet but the elevator took forever.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
gdesoiza, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express New York City - Chelsea, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thank you Heather!
I'm really glad that our location was so convenient for you. I'd like to get on your conference listing for next year. You can actually take the MTA Bus M34 from 7th Avenue and 34th Street right to the corner of the Javitts center for the regular subway/bus fare also.
I drink our coffee all of the time. We just started using a new Certified Sustainable Sourced paper cup and we've through the styrofoam away.
The elevator can gets a little confusing for some guests. Perhaps the arrows on the buttons are not enough to indicate the direction that they wish to travel.
I'm glad that you enjoyed the tub.
Please feel free to contact me when you return
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Of course, a Manhattan hotel is expensive for a teeny tiny room. Not the case here. The rooms were much larger than I anticipated. Yes, I mean Manhattan large, not Midwest large.

The customer service was great, the rooms were very clean. I would definitely book to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
gdesoiza, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express New York City - Chelsea, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you Dawn!
We really appreciate your comments about our service and our cleanliness. Our staff is dedicated to enhancing guest experiences. We're glad that you found our guest rooms to be of adequate size. Guest are often surprised by the size of them compared to rooms in other parts of the country. I hope that you will consider staying with us again when you return to NYC.