Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$188
US$175
  • Pool
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$220/night.

Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$186
US$132
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$180/night.

Soho Grand Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$272
US$236
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$287/night.

Free cancellation until 26/07
US$160
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$215/night.

The New Yorker a Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$189
US$157
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$212/night.

Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$238
US$188
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$229/night.

Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$371
US$295
  • Pool
US$183
US$148
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$175/night.

YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$171
US$137
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$195/night.

Archer Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$255
US$232
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$265/night.

2,168 results
All reviewsmadison square gardenpenn stationhi expressnew yorktimes squarethe breakfast areafree breakfastbagelsrooms are smallthe empire state buildingfront desk stafftea coffeestayed here for nightsfew blockssubway lineconvenient locationaround the corner
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by the Holiday Inn Express Madison Square Garden. this is a very busy little hotel with people,coming and going all the time. Check in was quick and my room, while very small, was comfortable, modern and clean. I liked it. New York can be a little intimidating and I found this hotel a sanctuary after a busy day. Breakfast is provided and it is fine but the small dining area fills with people very quickly. You really need to get down there by 7.00am.

The location is good. I walked to West Village and the 9/11 museum which took about 40 minutes but the walk is beautiful. The hotel is between 7th avenue and 8th avenue - the Empire State Building and shopping is only a 10 minute walk as is Times Square.

This is a short stay hotel. If I was in New York for more than a few days I think the size of the room would start to become an issue. I travelled solo so it wasn't a big issue. The staff were friendly and the internet was free. I would return.

Room Tip: Ask for a front facing room. At least you get some view to open up the smallish room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
gdesoiza, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express New York City - Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Thank you Mark!
We're very pleased that you found us to be a "sanctuary" in New York. We are centrally located by we're on a side street. Far enough from the hustle and bustle, but quiet enough to relax on our patios. If you do decide to return for a longer stay: Please take advantage of our free luggage storage. It's nice to get the clutter of suitcases and shopping bags out of your way.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Been here several times. Hotel s clean and comfortable. Staff has been nice. WIFI and computers in the business centr are terrible ~ I am told they are being upgraded. I. Was told that six months ago also. We'll see. Bath is clean and modern, but small. HAVE TO PUT SOAP ON COUNTER~no soap dish! YUCK! "Closet" is small and cumbersome - truly laughable design. If not for these fixable annoyances I could up the rating.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express New York City - Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear JohnC33,

Thank you for writing a candid review following your recent stay. We thank you for your loyalty to our hotel, and acknowledging the service of our staff is a huge motivation for us. We are committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities, therefore, it is very troubling to read that our bathroom amenities and business center fell below your expectations.

We will address these matters with the respective departments in order to these unnecessary issues in the future. We do hope you would consider staying with us again in the future.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 18 June 2014

The hotel is quite nice, very helpful staff, clean, nice size rooms, great breakfast in a crowded hall, great location between the 7th and 8th avenues (for busses) and one block from the underground (line 1). Relative to hotel price in midtown, this one charges reasonably, especially for what one gets. Highly recommended for middle class visitors.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you Mookie!
We're very happy to hear that you found us to be a value in NYC. We're very proud of our location and our complimentary breakfast. Thank you for mentioning our staff and our cleanliness.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Overall the hotel isn't that bad. It was clean, the staff was very helpful and friendly, close to Penn Station and downtown, and the breakfast was great. I guess I was taken back by the size of the room and the final cost to stay. I'm not one for staying in a big city and should have known that everything was going to cost way more than I'm used to. I'm very faithful, when I can be, to the IHG hotels because I can always expect quality. I just feel that this was a little too expensive even for being in Manhattan.
One major disappointment was that one of the 2 elevators was out of commission during our stay. It was a little challenging at times to get through the line to the tiny elevator that worked. Not sure if I would come back to this hotel simply because it wasn't a good value.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear PSUfan158,

Thank you for writing a review about our property. It is nice to know that our location is convenient during your stay here. We are also glad you liked the cleanliness of the hotel, the friendly staff, and the complimentary breakfast. We are very sorry for the inconvenience regarding the elevator. As for the rates, our prices may change based on the dates, and can be competitive in this area.

As a valued guest, please be assured that all comments will be acted upon, to ensure that similar situations are avoided. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay with us more pleasurable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Me and my 2 friends stayed here for 6 nights from the 1st week of June and we thoroughly enjoyed the stay. I was skeptical as normally I stay in the more expensive hotels in NYC but I was surprisingly taken aback with this hotel. It was located in a quiet surrounding alas some noise to remind you your in NYC but that was calming for me. My room looked out to Empire State Building so I slept with an amazing view . The staff were absolutely great! So polite, so caring and so charming! Franky, Yenny, Anais, Indira, Shelly and Victor were so accommodating and made us feel so welcome. Thank you guys !! Will definitely stay here again and everything was within walking distance including the subway and Macys! Fab restaurants within walking distance ! Coffee, tea on tap which was so good as often I ended my day with tea and sitting outside watching NYC go by. Breakfast was very good and fulfilling , lots of choices , the only thing was that it was very busy and often little space for all to eat in, but we would take our breakfast outside and relax before starting our day.

They allowed us to check out a little later as we overran and they allowed us to store our luggage there til we left for the airport on the day for an evening flight . They left us cute teddies made out of pillows which was so cute !

I've recommended this to many of my friends as it's not often you find a good value hotel Central in NYC with clean rooms, comfy beds and pillows and amazing staff in a brilliant location .

Thank you guys !!!! You made our trip even more great!

Room Tip: If you don't ask, you don't get !
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you Princess B!
We really appreciate you taking the time to review our property and for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. We really appreciate your recommendation and especially happy to hear that our staff impressed you. We will share your comments with everyone that you mentioned in your review. We're happy to hear that you will visit us again.