Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$265
US$225
Room Mate Hotels
  • Pool
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
Free cancellation until 04/08
US$271
US$163
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$183/night.

The New Yorker a Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 04/08
US$225
US$137
Savings alert! 35% below average rates

The price you found is 35% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$210/night.

The Lexington Hotel, Autograph Collection(New York City)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 01/08
US$193
US$161
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$203/night.

Soho Grand Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 03/08
US$307
US$241
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$278/night.

Holiday Inn Express Manhattan Midtown West(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$198
US$154
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$187/night.

Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$241
US$188
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$239/night.

Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$274
US$200
  • Pool
US$203
US$169
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$197/night.

Archer Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$255
US$233
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$270/night.

2,172 results
All reviewsmadison square gardenpenn stationhi expressnew yorktimes squarethe breakfast areafree breakfastbagelsrooms are smallthe empire state buildingfront desk stafftea coffeestayed here for nightsfew blockssubway lineconvenient locationaround the corner
Reviewed 19 June 2014

This hotel is in a great location between 7th and 8th avenue on 29th street. A little pointer I picked up on the plane from a New Yorker is that to calculate distances to walk allow 1 minute per block, to go between 29th and 30th street is one block, to go between avenues is three blocks or 3 minutes walk. I found this very valuable when looking at maps but back to the hotel..

If you are looking for spacious hotel rooms do not travel to New York, space is at a premium! This was a girls trip and my girlfriend and I booked a room with two double beds. There was a very small stand alone closet in the room that we shared and then the dresser had three drawers so not a lot of storage space but you make due and one person lives out of the suitcase.

The rooms were clean and you have an iron, ironing board and coffee machine. There is no bar fridge as we are generally used to but you have an ice bucket so again you make due. The breakfast in the morning is fabulous and we were always able to find a nice spot to sit outside and eat and plan our adventures for that day. It was a great way to start the day and one less meal you had to plan for. This also is not your typical continental breakfast as eggs, sausage, and fabulous cinnamon buns were served along with the usual toast, cereal, yogurt, fruit etc. You were even able to get cartons of milk which was fabulous for me as I love my dairy! All day long you could stop in the breakfast area and get coffee or water which was nice also.

Toiletries and facecloths seemed to be at a premium some days but I tracked a maid down in the hall for extra shampoo and soap, so very minor issue. I post these items mainly for the purpose of the hotel as it certainly shouldn't affect anyone's choice of hotel. The location of this hotel makes it fairly quiet at night and we also had a corner room so it really made it nice for sleeping. This is something that you should probably keep in mind when booking a hotel as New York is not a quiet city and some locations, particularly on the main avenues would be quite noisy at night.

There were previous references to the condition of the carpets in the hallways and it appeared to me that the rugs had just been newly installed. The staff at the front desk were helpful whenever we had questions for them on directions and restaurant recommendations. I do not as a rule focus on the front desk staff when doing my reviews as generally my interactions with them is limited and for me it is not a determining factor in booking a hotel.

Very easy to get a taxi to head back to the airport at check out as they circle the various streets and we simply stepped out the front door and one was sitting there stuck in traffic. Now this of course will vary with the time of day and in the evening the hotel staff will recommend you walk out to 8th avenue to hail a cab particularly if you are traveling up to Times Square or taking in a show. Also the area the hotel is located in feels very safe, my girlfriend and I walked back to the hotel around midnight on a couple of occasions and felt perfectly safe.

New York hotels are not cheap, nor are any major cities, and I spent a considerable amount of time finding something in a middle of the road price range with fairly good reviews. This hotel did not disappoint, I would recommend it and I would stay there again myself.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank budsybaby
gdesoiza, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express New York City - Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Thank you very much for writing such a comprehensive review of your stay and providing tips for future guests.
According to the Taxi and Limosine Commission, every 20 block in Midtown and every 5 avenues equal a mile.
It's true (in general) that space is at a premium in NYC. So it's best to stay at a property that includes breakfast and wifi like ours.
If you choose to return and stay with us again, please know that we have complimentary refrigerators availble up request and we're alway happy to arrange extra amenities to be delivered on a daily basis.
Thanks for noticing our carpets. Our property was renovated last year and we refreshed all of our guest rooms and corridors.
We hope that you will visit us again.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by the Holiday Inn Express Madison Square Garden. this is a very busy little hotel with people,coming and going all the time. Check in was quick and my room, while very small, was comfortable, modern and clean. I liked it. New York can be a little intimidating and I found this hotel a sanctuary after a busy day. Breakfast is provided and it is fine but the small dining area fills with people very quickly. You really need to get down there by 7.00am.

The location is good. I walked to West Village and the 9/11 museum which took about 40 minutes but the walk is beautiful. The hotel is between 7th avenue and 8th avenue - the Empire State Building and shopping is only a 10 minute walk as is Times Square.

This is a short stay hotel. If I was in New York for more than a few days I think the size of the room would start to become an issue. I travelled solo so it wasn't a big issue. The staff were friendly and the internet was free. I would return.

Room Tip: Ask for a front facing room. At least you get some view to open up the smallish room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Thank you Mark!
We're very pleased that you found us to be a "sanctuary" in New York. We are centrally located by we're on a side street. Far enough from the hustle and bustle, but quiet enough to relax on our patios. If you do decide to return for a longer stay: Please take advantage of our free luggage storage. It's nice to get the clutter of suitcases and shopping bags out of your way.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Been here several times. Hotel s clean and comfortable. Staff has been nice. WIFI and computers in the business centr are terrible ~ I am told they are being upgraded. I. Was told that six months ago also. We'll see. Bath is clean and modern, but small. HAVE TO PUT SOAP ON COUNTER~no soap dish! YUCK! "Closet" is small and cumbersome - truly laughable design. If not for these fixable annoyances I could up the rating.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express New York City - Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear JohnC33,

Thank you for writing a candid review following your recent stay. We thank you for your loyalty to our hotel, and acknowledging the service of our staff is a huge motivation for us. We are committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities, therefore, it is very troubling to read that our bathroom amenities and business center fell below your expectations.

We will address these matters with the respective departments in order to these unnecessary issues in the future. We do hope you would consider staying with us again in the future.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 18 June 2014

The hotel is quite nice, very helpful staff, clean, nice size rooms, great breakfast in a crowded hall, great location between the 7th and 8th avenues (for busses) and one block from the underground (line 1). Relative to hotel price in midtown, this one charges reasonably, especially for what one gets. Highly recommended for middle class visitors.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you Mookie!
We're very happy to hear that you found us to be a value in NYC. We're very proud of our location and our complimentary breakfast. Thank you for mentioning our staff and our cleanliness.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Overall the hotel isn't that bad. It was clean, the staff was very helpful and friendly, close to Penn Station and downtown, and the breakfast was great. I guess I was taken back by the size of the room and the final cost to stay. I'm not one for staying in a big city and should have known that everything was going to cost way more than I'm used to. I'm very faithful, when I can be, to the IHG hotels because I can always expect quality. I just feel that this was a little too expensive even for being in Manhattan.
One major disappointment was that one of the 2 elevators was out of commission during our stay. It was a little challenging at times to get through the line to the tiny elevator that worked. Not sure if I would come back to this hotel simply because it wasn't a good value.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear PSUfan158,

Thank you for writing a review about our property. It is nice to know that our location is convenient during your stay here. We are also glad you liked the cleanliness of the hotel, the friendly staff, and the complimentary breakfast. We are very sorry for the inconvenience regarding the elevator. As for the rates, our prices may change based on the dates, and can be competitive in this area.

As a valued guest, please be assured that all comments will be acted upon, to ensure that similar situations are avoided. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay with us more pleasurable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty.

Kind Regards,