Holiday Inn Express New York City - Chelsea
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Riff Chelsea(New York City)
View Hotel
Midtown West Hotel(New York City)
View Hotel
Stewart Hotel(New York City)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Hayden(New York City)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Pennsylvania(New York City)
  • Bar/Lounge
2,131 results
All reviewsmadison square gardenpenn stationhi expressnew yorkthe breakfast areatimes squarefree breakfastbagelsrooms are smallthe empire state buildingtea coffeefront desk staffstayed here for nightsfew blockssubway lineconvenient locationaround the corner
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 July 2009

I stayed there for the 4th July holiday and it was my second at this hotel. My brother and me had a lovely stay right from the beginning!
We had a lovely and clean room on the 5th floor facing the front entrance. There was no problem sleeping at night, even with the little noise of the closing room doors.
Breakfast was really good with a lot of choices! As it is complentary you cannot ask for more! The free wifi is perfect to check your Emails or even look for some directions!
I am sure we are going to stay at this hotel the next time we'll go to NYC! For us there is no reason to stay at any other hotel in the city!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 July 2009

I stayed in this hotel over Saint Patricks Day weekend. I got a great rate on Travelzoo. The Hotel is within an easy walk of Penn Central and is a good choice for those coming into the city by train. Their are two subways near the hotel and while it is not in one of the most stellar of neighborhoods, we felt safe walking back to our room at night. The hotel features your standard Holiday Inn express breakfast which was kept stocked. There was helpful staff who could book events for you. Rooms were tiny, but they were clean. The Hotel is in buisness area so their were few restaurants or other types of amentities close by, but plenty within a moderate walk or a subway stop away. Had a good stay in a great city and would stay again given a good deal.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2009

We arrived on Saturday night and our room was on the back side of the hotel, apparently across from a club. The music boomed until about 5 in the morning. On Sunday night, there was no music. I was asleep and the front desk called at 11:30. He told me they were working on the cable. He said the TV, internet, and phones would not work until 6 a.m. He told me to leave the phone off the hook until 6:00 a.m.

When I checked in, they gave me a number to call to have breakfast items delivered to the room (we are Priority Platinum members). Both days no one answered the number. I just received a message saying that the mailbox was full.

The people at the front desk were nice and so was the maid who fixed our roll away bed. The room was small, but I expected that after reading others reviews. The hotel was clean and the breakfast was good, crowded by good.

If they put you in a handcapped room be careful of the inside of the bathroom door. The door closes hard and fast. There is a low towel hook. The door slammed on me and the hook bruised my arm. As other people said, the doors slam a lot.

The hotel is about a five minute walk to restaurants and shopping, like Macy's. It is close to Penn Station. If you are not used to taking subways, Penn station is not an easy station to start with as it has several lines.

We had free wifi easy to set up.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2009

Stayed at the Hotel for three nights over the Father's Day weekend. Even though the property was very crowded, the staff did a great job of keeping the breakfast well stocked. This is a nice property. We will return to this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2009

It was our first time in NYC, and we were very pleased. I spoke with the staff for advice many times, and they were extremely friendly and helpful. Especially compared with the hotel we had to change to for our last evening. Rooms are small, but I think that is typical. Breakfast was good, but again breakfast room was too small for number of people there, especially since it was raining and exterior tables were off limits. Subway was just around corner, and I guess the discount parking was convenient. AGain, they offered a discount, and we paid half of what we paid when we changed hotels. Would definitely stay again. Jeremie was particularly helpful

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family