“Great hotel for convenience and comfort.”

Hilton Garden Inn New York/Tribeca
Ranked #173 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Found a deal on hotels.com for $129/night and did a staycation for the weekend. The king standard room is smaller than I expected. At least it had a microwave & fridge, which is great for leftovers or takeout, since the restaurants nearby are expensive. It's also very convenient to all major subway lines if u want to go to the east or west side. Chinatown is less than a 10 min walk and soho is a few blocks up. Definitely recommend for short visit to NYC.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank sh0rtyblue
Write a ReviewReviews (1,507)

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Clean, convenient, and great service. My daughter and I spent the night in the city. The front desk personal were helpful to us with site seeing, dining and even hailing a cab. We had great guest experience!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Reviewed 1 December 2013

The moment my niece & I entered the HGI, we were greeted with warm smiles & a friendly staff. The room was spacious, considering we were in NYC, & VERY clean. Another bonus was when we checked out, the hotel offered us a ride to the airport in 1 of their house cars, a Lincoln Navigator, for $5 more than a taxi. That was the perfect way to end our trip in one of my favorite cities!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
MSLI155019, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Tribeca, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Greetings from the Hilton Garden Inn,

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent visit with us. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your time with us and that our location worked out well for you. Our location is a huge selling point of the hotel as Tribeca is one of the safest areas in the city and offers plenty to do for everyone. We would love to have you back as our guest shortly. Dont be a stranger!

Regards,

Matt slippoy
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 30 November 2013

We're pretty easy and there are things we liked about this hotel. We appreciated the free wifi and water/snacks etc. in the lobby as well as the fridge and microwave in the room. Staff was helpful in accommodating our requests for extra pillows and blankets. But hallway and room were run down, we had a view of a hoarders apartment and it was very mechanically noisy at night. I don't need a great deal of service and am a native New Yorker so know my way around so was disappointed when upon checkout I asked for help hailing a cab to our rental car pickup several blocks away. Normally I would have walked no problem but we had a bunch of luggage and it was 3-5 blocks. The staff member told me the cabbie would be upset that he was hailed for such a short fare (um, that's the cabbie's problem) but if I wanted him to hail a cab for us, he would. I hailed the cab myself. I wish I didn't use my Hilton points for this and had stayed at the other hotel we Hotwired a great rate for in Times Square.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

This is a great hotel for a reasonable price. Very welcoming and helpful staff, clean and spacious rooms, excellent location (and right on subway line) and great bar with a good atmosphere and service. We travelled from the UK and stayed for 4 nights; we will definitely come back and recommend to others. We had our request to change rooms to one with a view fulfilled. Taxis sorted for us without hassle. Complimentary coffee and cookies. One fault mentioned by others - noisy air con/heating units! Thank you for a great stay!

Room Tip: regular rooms have no view but are very quiet - so upgrade to a room on the front if you want a vie...
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We planned to stay at Hilton Tribeca for several nights. Unfortunately our bed was not clean. Management to be commended for helping to resolve the issue. We ended up cutting our trip short rather than staying a second night in the hotel.

1  Thank codytravel

Hello and thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit with us. I would like to apologize that your stay fell below your expectations. I know that you and I have been in contact regarding your concerns and since our conversations we have retrained our entire team on the cleanliness standards of the hotel. Please feel free to contact me at anytime if I can ever be of any assistance.

Regards,

Matt slippoy
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 25 November 2013

We staycation on the city every year for our anniversary, so we have stayed in many NYC hotels. This one was definitely a keeper. First, it was in a great location, one block from Canal Street, walking distance to Chinatown and Little Italy, SOHO and TriBeCa. We had a standard king room. Room was nice size by NY standards, and had a full size bathroom. Everything was very clean. Room had what we needed, an iron (although it leaked), Keurig coffee maker, nice and bright, comfy bed. It was all good. The lobby had coffee and water set up all day, and fresh baked cookies in the evening. There is a subway station right outside the hotel (A, C, E) and another right across the street (1). We had a romance package rate. I had to inform the front desk of this, since they didn't know when I checked in. The package came with a bottle of champagne, which they delivered with glasses, in a nice ice bucket, shortly after we checked in. We also had breakfast included, which was not very good, a very basic buffet-type thing with coffee, toast, eggs, cereal, etc..I'm sure we could have gotten a better breakfast at any of the many restaurants around. No big deal though, it was 25 degrees outside, so probably better off that we didn't need to walk anywhere for breakfast. Another plus, with a little driving around, since it was Saturday/Sunday, we found street parking just a few blocks away. I would most definitely stay here again, and would recommend to others. We got a rate through AAA for around $170.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple