“Double beds only - beware when booking for 3 or more”

Hilton Garden Inn New York/Tribeca
Ranked #184 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Double beds only - beware when booking for 3 or more”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

Stayed here for only one night. I booked this hotel because the subway to get to JFK was right outside the door (and the rate was great for NYC). We booked a room for 3 adults. The hotel is modern and the room are smaller than what I'm used to for NYC (I've stayed at mostly Marriots in NYC). My one complaint is that they do not seem to have rooms with two queen beds to accomodate 3-4 guests. Double beds only, so it's not a lot of sleeping space if you are in a room with 3 or 4 people. The elevator is painfully slow -- this seems to be a pattern in all of the NYC hotels I've stayed at over the years; this problem isn't this hotel only so I'm not going to knock off a star. We ended up taking the stairs but we were just on the second floor.

The staff was fantastic. When we were checking out and asking them to hold our bags until we needed to leave for our flight. Staff member asked us how we were getting to the airport and told him that we were going to take the subway > airtrain, and we asked for his advice on how long that would take.

He advised us that we would be better off taking a cab, otherwise we'd be commuting almost 2 hours on the train before we even reach JFK. He arranged a driver for us (in an SUV, not a cab!!) for a VERY reasonable price and we got to the airport in no time. Absolutely OUTSTANDING service!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Polish first
Raleigh, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

I've typically stayed in midtown, but this hotel is centrally located, a short walk from SoHo and Little Italy, and the quietest night's sleep I've had in NYC. The staff was excellent. Rooms were great and a little larger than the typical New York shoebox. Overall, an excellent value and quite convenient.

Room Tip: Save the money and skip the "Tribeca view".
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Cumbria, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

All OK. No particularly bad or good things. Hotel sits on top of entrance to A train so it's handy for anyone coming from Howard Beach/JFK SkyTrain. Small shop for bits you might have forgot or snacks in lobby. Overpriced as you'd expect in the lobby of a hotel. China town / Little Italy within 10 minutes walk, as was QNR, 4&5 and 2 Trains. I would probably stay somewhere nearer to Time Square or Central Park next time.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

As a frequent visitor to NYC, I normally stay in the Midtown area. Business, this time, took me to SoHo, and to save time, I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Tribeca and am very glad I did! Very clean, great service, good size room, and the quietest sleep I have ever experienced in the City (I had an inside room). The location is perfect for the tourist - walking distance to the World Trade Center, Chinatown and Little Italy. And right out the front door is the Canal Street subway station! The rates are good, as others mention, but beware that taxes add about $45 night to your bill. I did not experience any elevator issues, but I did notice they were working on it the next day.

Room Tip: Ask for an inside room for a nice quiet sleep.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank GardeningFiend
Columbia, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

Whenever possible, I stay at this NYC hotel. It has easy access to SOHO, West village, and of course Tribeca. The rates here are very reasonable. I typically get rates just under $190. There are 2 great coffee shops nearby. It is not big hotel and does have the feel of a boutique hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Long IslandNY, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

This property is also convenient to subways for going uptown, and the walk along Canal Street to Chinatown and Little Italy is interesting, and not too long. My only quibble is the elevator issue. One elevator has been out of service for months (we have stayed here before.) This makes for long waits and crowds. On the plus side, water is hot, shower is decent, towels are large, bed is comfortable. Staff is pleasant.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Whittier, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

Very nice and clean hotel. The room was a little bigger than I expected. Plenty of hot water, very good house keeping by the staff. Near the subway. We had a room away from the busy street, nice and quiet. My only compliant is the same one noted by other guests, only one elevator operating. It appears that this has been an on-going issue. Please repair it. I didn't mind walking down four flights of stair but going up was a...!

Room Tip: Just ask for a quiet room.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple