“Buisness trip”

Ranked #184 of 467 Hotels in New York City
East Lyme, Connecticut
“Buisness trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

This was a great place to stay- very helpful staff. Good resteraunt downstairs and very convenient to get to. Room s might be a bit small- but overall great stay. nice views also and decent food in the surrounding neighborhood- close to Little Italy.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

PJ G, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Tribeca, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Dear lexjustine,

Thank you so much for rating your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn - Tribeca with 5 stars! We are very delighted that you had a great stay during your business trip to NYC! I do hope this gives us first consideration on future visits, may it be for business or leisure. We would love to have you back!

PJ Galang

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

We arrive on this hotel from France , all the staff was very comprehensive and helpful. if you need something you can ask and they find you an answer ( taxi , nail arts or other extravagant demand ;-) )
The bedroom is very calm but the air conditioner was noisy . The cleaning was doing too late some days , we returned at 5:00 pm one day and we need to find somebody to clean the room . One lift was under maintenance during our trip . But we loved to be on this hotel and we'll return to this one on our next trip in New York ...
The hotel is near Chinatown and Soho and one exit of the subway is at the exit of the hotel

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear wolfynapoli,

I am pleased to hear that you had a pleasant stay at our hotel. Thank you for complimenting our staff. I'm glad that you find them "helpful and comprehensive". I will definitely share this wonderful comment with them. Thank you for also sharing your feedback about our elevator and Housekeeping Service. Your comments will help us as we continually work to improve our guest experience as we look forward to serving you again!

PJ Galang
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

Our overall experience with this hotel was good. The beds are quite comfortable and the hotel rooms are clean. The location is perfect if you want to stay away from the hustle & bustle of Times Square. There are loads of great restaurants and shopping in the area, including the hotel's restaurant. Parking was $55/day which wasn't too bad compared to other hotels. We had an issue on our first night, too much noise since our room was near the elevator and stairwell. However after complaining the next morning our room was changed and we received complimentary breakfast passes. It was handled perfectly. Overall, we would recommend this hotel and stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Davenport, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

This is my second time staying at this hotel. I like the location. It's very easy to get to other parts of the city from here. The A,C,E lines are literally right out the front door and another set of lines are 1.5 blocks away.

I stayed here the first time largely because it was a good price and had gotten good reviews on TA and I had a wonderful experience. But this trip things seemed a little different at the hotel. The staff weren't quite as engaging as the first time, albeit still friendly. On my first visit the front desk staff always asked about the day's events, etc and would strike up a conversation if they weren't busy when you came in the front door.

The room rates were up nearly 50% since I last stayed in August 2013.

One of the two elevators wasn't working for the entire 3 days I stayed and the elevators are slow to begin with so you ended up standing in the lobby for quite a few minutes waiting.

I had trouble finding any breakfast at the hotel or even nearby. I probably didn't search hard enough and didn't bother to ask. I usually found something on my way to my destination anyway. AOA next door had a breakfast buffet of sorts but it was about $16 and I was just looking for a cup of yogurt, a coffee and maybe a waffle i.e. quick and inexpensive. AOA used to have an express area with those sorts of items but it was gone.

And the beds, well they're are still firm as ever. Even after dialing the firmness down to the lowest level I thought they were still fairly firm. Street noise was kind of bad this time too even on the 4th floor. Plus a garbage truck banging the dumpster up & down at 5am didn't make for very pleasant sleep.

And finally housekeeping seemed short staffed. I was periodically needing the room for work calls and my Spanish wasn't good enough to work out my coming & goings well enough to get our schedules aligned. I think I only got service 1 of the 3 days I was there.

Overall I still like this place but the rates seemed similar to a lot of other hotels and for that reason I'll probably try something different on the next trip.

Room Tip: get a room away from the street and away from the elevators/stairs. Noise travels down the halls qui...
Wilmington, NC, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

Hotel wonderful for me, as it is on top of the E train, that takes me 1 block from my office. Hotel, is clean and efficient, with very useable, but small restaurant for quick meals. Room was small, but very efficient, providing all that I needed.

Sacramento
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

Pros: comfortable bed with good linens; quiet room; windows open; small but adequate lobby Cons: somewhat difficult location due to Canal Street and bridge access; noisy fan; no breakfast availability

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

Stayed here for only one night. I booked this hotel because the subway to get to JFK was right outside the door (and the rate was great for NYC). We booked a room for 3 adults. The hotel is modern and the room are smaller than what I'm used to for NYC (I've stayed at mostly Marriots in NYC). My one complaint is that they do not seem to have rooms with two queen beds to accomodate 3-4 guests. Double beds only, so it's not a lot of sleeping space if you are in a room with 3 or 4 people. The elevator is painfully slow -- this seems to be a pattern in all of the NYC hotels I've stayed at over the years; this problem isn't this hotel only so I'm not going to knock off a star. We ended up taking the stairs but we were just on the second floor.

The staff was fantastic. When we were checking out and asking them to hold our bags until we needed to leave for our flight. Staff member asked us how we were getting to the airport and told him that we were going to take the subway > airtrain, and we asked for his advice on how long that would take.

He advised us that we would be better off taking a cab, otherwise we'd be commuting almost 2 hours on the train before we even reach JFK. He arranged a driver for us (in an SUV, not a cab!!) for a VERY reasonable price and we got to the airport in no time. Absolutely OUTSTANDING service!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends