“Edge of TriBeCa” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #189 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Edge of TriBeCa”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

This place is pretty good for a Garden Inn. Yes it is a tad outdated but the location is fab. The train is right out side the door and TriBeCa and Soho are a few blocks away. Get directions when leaving hotel. It's very confusing over here. One stroll toward what looks like good shopping leads you into A very edgy part of town. I was in room 413 with a view of the hood and I really didn't hear much street noise. All in all it was good. The soho grand is a block away and it's probably double the price.

Room Tip: Face the neighborhood not the back
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
PJ G, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Tribeca, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Dear Jaypowen,

Thank you for taking time out to comment about your stay via Tripadvisor! Im glad that you had a wonderful stay! I do hope that you choose us again on your next visit to New York City. We would love to serve you again!

All the Best,
PJ Galang

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
  • Polish first
London
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

I was pretty unimpressed during my stay here. To me it felt very expensive at $420/night. The room had a slightly unpleasant odour to it throughout, and the noise from the street was very clear - I could hear exact conversations from the restaurant below, even on the 3rd floor. While staff at the front desk were generally helpful, particularly the two porters who hail you a cab, breakfast staff were very disenterested, with one deliberately ignoring me - leaving a fellow customer bemused. Finally, and most frustratingly, i received an incorrect wake up call at 6am on my first morning - with jet lag this was very annoying.

The location is great for Tribeca, and a very nice 15m walk to Wall Street - so good for business customers

Personally, I would not stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
PJ G, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Tribeca, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear edinburghstudent,

Thank you for taking the time to commet on your recent stay via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input on our property's appointment and amenities and we will use your comments as we continue to evolve our guests' experience moving forward. We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.

Kind regards,
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Tribeca last February. It was probably one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in! The staff were all very warm and helpful. My room and the hotel overall were immaculate. I had a nice view as well. As it was February (and therefore not a high tourist season), I got an excellent rate under $200 - practically unheard of by NYC standards. It's in a good location but far away from the tourist madness around Times Square. I will definitely stay again on another trip to NYC.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear LaFleur1979,

Thank you for rating your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn - Tribeca 5 stars! Thank you for all the positive comments. I have shared all of them with my staff and they were delighted with all of them. We do hope you stay with us again whenever you return to the city. We can't wait to have you back!

Kind Regards,
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

Spotless room with amazingly comfortable beds. Close to subway for easy travel. Walking distance from many attractions and restaurants. Staff was very helpful. Air conditioner helped block out street noise.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
PJ G, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Tribeca, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Dear Rnrncan,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about the Hilton Garden Inn- Tribeca via Tripadvisor. I'm very happy that you had a great stay. I'm glad that our location was of convenience to you while in NYC. I'm most proud that my staff has been very helpful with your hotel needs during your stay. I do hope that this brings you back to the Hilton Garden Inn - Tribeca in your future visit to NYC. We would love to have you back!

All the Best,
Ludwigsburg, Germany
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

Overall hotel stay was normal/okay, but several issues during my 3 day stay: - one elevator was out of order (of two), so the waiting time for the remaining one was several minutes in most cases - in the bar/restaurant one loudspeaker was out of order, which resulted in a permanent background drumming noise, not really the best for a quiet breakfast ... - one day the linens were taken off during room cleaning, but without providing new ones. It took 2 efforts/request until this got resolved (after several hours One other item: view from the room was ~ 5 meters looking at another house wall ...

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

PJ G, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Tribeca, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Dear Roland H,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input on our property's appointment and amenities and we will use your comments as we continue to evolve our guests' experience moving forward. We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

my Dad & i Stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks from the 27th December 2013 - 10th January 2014. all i can say is how great this hotel is, great staff, great service, awesome location in nyc, will be wanting to stay here again when i visit new york again

Room Tip: ask for street view room
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear ilovetoseetheworld81,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us again! I'm very happy that you had a lovely stay! I have shared your comments with my staff and they are delighted to have read them. I do appreciate you taking the time out to rate us in Tripadvisor. We cannot wait to have you again for the third time.

All the best,
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Hotel is nicely located in Tribeca, with Canal a street away, Mulberry street 10 min away (walking) and Battery park about a 20 min walk. The best attribute of this hotel was it's staff. Extremely helpful and polite. The rooms were nothing spectacular. A little run down, but still clean. Stayed over for two nights and really no complaints, had a nice stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PJ G, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Tribeca, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear TheAnthony,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay via Tripadvisor. I'm very happy to hear that our staff made a big difference in your stay. I will definitely share this wonderful feedback with them to inspire them to work harder and better! I do hope that this brings you back to our property on your next vist to NYC! We would love to serve you again!

All the best,