“Hilton Garden Inn Tribeca”

Hilton Garden Inn New York/Tribeca
Ranked #181 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Port St. Lucie, United States
“Hilton Garden Inn Tribeca”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This hotel for the most part is a no brainer...Excellent service staff is very attentive to your requests. Very good accommodation for the city/price. Restaurant is extremely convenient and has great dinner options for travellers (with or without children). Location is great for getting to majority of Manhattan sites. Nice area to walk around and enjoy. Easy location for in & out of the island

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

3 Thank Robert M
PJ G, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Tribeca, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Robert M,

Thank you for sharing your review via Tripadvisor. Thank you for giving us 5 stars!!! I have shared your comments with my staff and they are delighted with all of them. Your comments will drive us to continue to work harder and strive for excellence! And with this I do look forward for your return. We would love to serve you again soon!

PJ Galang

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Oakland, California
Reviewed 18 June 2014

The Hilton Garden was in a great location in Tribeca. The staff were friendly and helpful and felt safe walking around at 11pm.

I was surprised at the expense of the rooms, especially just being in London. The cost per night was almost 2.5x what I had just spent in London an a more upscale hotel. I did travel the week before Memorial Day holiday which may have been why the price was so high.

The rooms were clean although a bit small but the hotel overall was in a great location which trumped the small room. Was on the street side which was noisy because of an apparent police substation located in the underground so heard sirens through the night.

Green Features: Ability to forego sheet and towel changes each day.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear lovetogo132,

Thank you for taking the time to share your reviews about your stay via Tripadvisor. I'm very glad that you found us to be "great" and that you are very satisfied with the service! I do apologize for the high rates. During peak seasons and holidays rates tend to be high especially in Tribeca. If you plan to stay with us in the future, I do suggest to give us a call to check rates for the date you needed. We look forward in seeing you again! We would love to have you back!

Vaprio d'Adda, Lombardia, Italy
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I've stayed in this hotel for six days at the end of April 2014 and overall the experience was good.

The position is excellent as you have several subway lines within 3 and 10 minutes walking from the hotel (lines A, C, E, 1, N, Q and R are the one I remember). and it's easy to reach every area of Manhattan and coming back late at night.
The room was with two double bed and even though from the hotel map appeared to be bigger than the standard room we still found it a bit small. It was still enough for two people with enough space for our luggages but may be something to consider.
The staff was nice and they agreed to keep our luggages when we went to DC for 3 days even though we were not planning to stay again in the hotel after our return.
The breakfast that in our case was included was good with a decent but not extremely wide buffer selection of fruits, cereals, sweets/cakes and typical breakfast dishes prepared at the moment from the staff.

Main negative aspects:
- the room size mentioned above that could have been better
- one elevator was not working for the whole stay and as the hotel only had two of them sometime we had to wait quite some time
- the staff helped us booking a cab from a partner company to move from the hotel to another Hilton hotel in Jersey City but the driver charged a ridiculous fee lying to us about the reason for it (for example he claimed he had to pay a toll that we verified later online is not presesnt for the route he took). We should have asked the price to the staff before booking it and probably be a bit more accomodating with the driver but I would still expect a professional service if the hotel agree to book a car for me and that was not

Overall it was a good experience and I consider this hotel again although I don't exclude something as good and at a lower price may be found in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Andrea C.,

Thank you for takng the time out to comment on your previous stay via Tripadvisor. I appreciate the very detailed review about the Hilton Garden Inn. Your comments will help us ensure that we continue to improve our services including appointments and amenities in the hotel. With this I do hope for your return whenever you are in New York City.

All the best,
New orleans
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We were here for a social event. The rooms were well appointed and comfortable. The staff lived up to the name "Hilton" in efficiency, helpfulness, and warmth. Unlike many Garden Inns with their own dining facilities, this one has an associated restaurant and bar with its entrance just off the lobby--small but comfortable. The location is near many good restaurants on and just off West Broadway. It is helpful to know that via subway, a guest is 20 minutes on the A train (C train slower) from West 23rd and 45 minutes with an easy transfer to Lincoln Center. Across the street is Maserati of Manhattan for browsing fun!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a street view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
PJ G, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Tribeca, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Gouvernail,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay with Tripadvisor. I appreciate all the positive feedback you wrote. I have shared them with my staff and they were delighted with your comments. I do hope that this will always bring you back to our property. We will make sure that the experience will be greater than the last!

Westampton, New Jersey
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Overall a very nice hotel. Yes, the elevator was broken, however at least you saw ongoing maintenance to it. Room was clean, front desk was friendly and helpful. Very convenient location to restaurants and train station. Only negative were the neighbors fighting at 3am, but we know we can't pick our neighbors. :-) Would definitely stay again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Germany0077,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay via Tripadvisor. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay. I'm very sorry about our elevator. It took sometime for us to get it up and running but the good news is that it is fully operational. Thank you for considering to stay with us again in the future. We can't wait to serve you again!

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I have stayed at this Hilton on two separate occasions. Both time it was with friends on a trip. Hotel is in a great location of NYC-SoHo and Tribeca. Great for restaurants, shopping and close enough to Brooklyn (where my friends live). It is attached to a fun restaurant where drinks and service are affordable for NYC. I would say the only drawbacks are that the staff always seems extremely busy and checkout was a bit early and check-in was a bit late.

Room Tip: As for something higher up.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Wanderlust H,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. I appreciate your honest and valuable input. I will definitely share this with my staff to ensure that behaviors like this are corrected. I do hope that you choose to stay with us again. We will make sure that it will be a different experience than the last!

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Reviewed 11 June 2014

A solid value in Tribeca -- convenient to multiple subway lines and the Holland Tunnel. Very nice, updated rooms, with refrigerators. The room was pretty big for New York, similar in size to rooms in other cities. Would highly recommend for anyone needing a clean, comfortable, high-quality hotel in the area!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

PJ G, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Tribeca, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Dear Robby S.,

Thank you for giving us an excellent rating in Tripadvisor! I'm very glad that you were happy with the property's appointments and amenities, as well with the Hotel's location. My staff are delighted with your comments and ratings! I do hope that you choose us again on your return to the city. We would love to have you back!