“The only good thing is the manager and the games...”
Review of Dave & Buster's

Boston to New York City Day Trip by Air
US$339.00*
Washington DC to New York Day Trip by Rail
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I really don't want to write a long review...to sum everything up, customer service by our waiter was so bad the manager wrote off our entire bill for all 11 of us. The manager handled everything so professionally and I was so angry with the waiter at first that I feel bad that I was kind of mean to the manager at the beginning of the ordeal (I really think his name was Dave but I am SO sorry if I'm wrong because he deserves the praise). Our waiter was Ian and if this review was based off just his service, I would give it a ZERO. I really just want to thank the manager seriously for making something bad turn into a great night for my nephews 8th birthday. He is GREAT at his job and made sure we didn't leave out that place angry. With that being said, the food is average, slow service, but the games are really fun and great for family.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Seated at a table in bar area quickly. Friendly waiter. Took our order and didn't see again until time to pay. Ordered soup and a side salad. Soup not served and received full size dinner salad. Two others at our table were also "up-served" and charged. 18% gratuity so the more you sell the more you make in tips. Moved to the bar and was charged $10.25 for a single bottle of domestic beer. No, the place was not busy.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

I sat with 4 other people in the dining area & the service was the worst I've ever experienced.
The staff was rude, especially the hostess who told us to wait when there were only a few other parties in the room & forgot our silverware when seating us. The table was dirty; food still on the table, chairs & floor. Waited 10 minutes just to order beverages. The waitress never even brought out my WATER, of all things. Waited over 30 minutes for just our apps. Called another waiter over & he claimed our waitress was busy. She had 2 tables! I went to the bathroom & saw her on her phone. Really? Try working in a REAL restaurant having an entire section to yourself with no breaks. Been there, done that. When the bill FINALLY got to us I noticed an ADDED GRATUITY. They claimed that was stated in fine print on the bottom of the menu. No wonder this chick was NOWHERE to be found! Then they have the nerve to put space for a tip! I wrote NA YOU GOOD & walked the [--] out. I made sure to save the receipt with her name on it so I could fill out that survey for her. Never again.

1  Thank DominicanGiant
Reviewed 7 September 2013

we live in New York and take the kids there regularly for the games. the food at the restaurant isn't bad, but even on a slow day, there is a long wait for food. i can only imagine what it's like during peak times. we usually had really nice wait staff, with an occasional surly one. i don't mind the 18% mandatory gratuity, but i can see why customers who did not receive appropriate service would be ticked off by it. the game room is great for kids on a rainy or cold day, but i would say go elsewhere for food.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I am not even sure I should give this restaurant this high of a rating! We went to this restaurant after 9:30pm on Sunday, August 25th. The problem started immediately upon sitting down (seat was wet). Okay, not a big deal. told the waitress, who immediately got a towel to dry the booth. At this point we are thinking we will have a nice time. WRONG! She disappeared. After about 20 minutes, the manager came over to inquire if the waitress had been to our table. He ended up taking both our drink order and our food order. TOOK FOREVER FOR THE FOOD TO COME TO THE TABLE! WE ALMOST WALKED OUT! We were compensated with two $5 game cards, which I can assure you will not be used anytime soon because we simply do not want to remember how long we had to wait for anything.

Food was very good!

Did not like the fact that an 18% gratuity was added to the check. Quickly paid and left. Waitress didn't deserve a dime and needs other employment.

I am still wondering what she was doing during our visit. Go elsewhere!