The Bowery Hotel
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$198
US$194
US$382
US$339
  • Restaurant
Hilton Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$314
US$269
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$170
US$149
Triumph Hotels
  • Fitness centre
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$157
US$423
US$391
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$214
US$152
Travelocity
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
NYLO New York City(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$297
US$247
  • Bar/Lounge
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$184
US$147
Agoda.com
  • Fitness centre
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$280
US$92
  • Breakfast included
All reviewseast villagefloor to ceiling windowslower east sidecorner roomnew yorkbar scenehotel guestsadjoining restaurantroom serviceking roomhip hotelhotel restaurantlobby loungerain showermini barfavorite hotelfront desk staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 January 2013

what a wonderful hotel. I had a room on the 9th floor with a view of Manhattan that would leave you speechless, especially at dawn. Common areas were exotic and posh. Room service was a treat. Bathroom sleek complete with Bigelow bath products. A five star oasis.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 January 2013

I love staying at The Bowery. It's very elegant but also small enough that you feel like you're staying with family. The staff there are super friendly, and when you travel a lot for work that makes a huge difference.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 January 2013

The Bowery is a truly great hotel. The design aesthetics are beautiful and the beds are so comfortable.

The hotel is in one of the best areas on manhattan, right next to SoHo and it's surrounded by new up and coming bars and restaurants. The bar in The Bowery is great to chill out in and often full of NYs elite, that being said the drinks are fairly pricey but I suppose that's to be expected.

The rooms vary within the hotel. I've stayed in 8 different rooms and have always preferred the rooms that face out onto Bowery as you get to see the sun rise. There are also some rooms that are classed as a queen room but have double aspect windows making them lovely and bright, I think they are 909 / 1009 & 1109.

There is a small gym in the basement that has a selection of free weights, a running machine, a rowing machine, a cross trainer, some yoga mats and Swiss balls but that is all.

I can't recommend this place highly enough, the staff are lovely, most of the rooms are great and the bedding on the beds is devine.

Room Tip: As I said I think the queen rooms that have the double aspect windows are 909 / 1009 & 1109 which makes them really bright.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Vix B
Reviewed 9 January 2013

Is a nice hotel which is frequented by young Hollywood types.
I enjoyed my stay here but it wasn't amazing. Service was shoddy and the price was a bit steep for what you got.
Good location but if my friends didn't stay here I wouldn't choose it

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank KaspXhotels
Reviewed 2 January 2013

The Bowery is everything you expect it to be: beautiful interior & bar, great location close to Nolita, and very classy. With that being said, it doesn't come without some NYC attitude.

We booked this hotel for our wedding, having being ex-New Yorkers we had tons of people coming in and out. Generally, everyone working there was fine with it but we did get a few eye-rolls. Also make sure if your booking under someone else's name, you get your name added as well. One night the front desk asked me to call up my fiance to confirm I was staying there before handing me a key. Not a huge deal, but a little annoying after I'd been at the hotel for a few days. Overall, the service is unpredictable, the staff either seems really nice or really snobby, depending on who you get. So don't expect that shelling out $800 a night is going to buy you top-notch service. I guess this is to be expected from a 'it' hotel in Manhattan.

On to the positives, we had booked a suite for about 4 nights, last minute we decided to stay another night and they were able to accomodate. Suites are HUGE by New York standards. The breakfast from Gemma's room service was so good, we must have ordered everyday.

If you need a beautiful place to stay and that's it, I would recommend The Bowery.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple