“Fabulous 5 Star hotel”

Ranked #174 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Sydney, Australia
“Fabulous 5 Star hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

Service, accommodation, restaurant, beds, view, location - ALL FIVE STAR. It snowed during my first night there so I woke up to the most wonderful view. The hotel is within walking distance of lots of interesting shops (shopaholic heaven, especially is you like small quirky stores) and easy access to buses or the Subway if you want to go Uptown. I'd stay there again in a heart beat, except I'd never be able to afford it because my son used to work there and got me a very very special deal.

Room Tip: I always have a window open at night, even in the depths of winter, so even though the windows are d...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Tzanee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Wicklow, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

This was our second time staying here. Essentially I used to live in the neighbourhood, some time ago, so I feel comfortable here. NY has changed a lot but this area not so much, except the block I used to live on has been demolished. However, the hotel has really nice, friendly staff and the lounge and conservatory are lovely. Whilst the rooms are smallish, though they all are in NYC, the large windows make them airy and comfortable. Beds are good, as are bathrooms. There are so many things to do in this area and it is well placed for SOHO, Lower East Side, West Village, East Village , Nolita etc that it is great to have a place you can wander in and out of.
We had a room overlooking a lovely little park/historical cemetery and the light was lovely for Spring. If I was staying in Summer however I would probably opt for a room above the Bowery or facing Uptown just to limit the sun! Would want to stay here again next time in NY.

Room Tip: HIgher floors are quiet and great views
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Columbus, OH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

Absolutely lovely hotel. The lobby is very inviting and comfortable for drinks or coffee or breakfast. Imagine a fine living room with couches, chairs, coffee tables and a fire. Make sure you let them know that you are staying in the hotel and they pretty much guarantee you a sitting area. The covered sun porch is a great spot for lazying after a day in the busy city. The hotel is connected to the restaurant Gemma which compliments the decor of the hotel and has an awesome breakfast with service to match. We were told the hotel is relatively new but is decorated to look like an English country estate. The beds are dreamy, so very comfortable. The mini-bar refreshment center is filled with unusual goodies; good goodies. My only fault I could find was that the shower could have been a little better in that the steam was not adjustable but it really wasn't a bother. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: As there were several of us in different rooms it appeared that the rooms on the 3rd floor were slig...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank plc38
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

We were pretty happy with our 5 night stay here. The location was perfect for us with close proximity to our favourite areas. We upgraded to a King and the bed was utterly divine! And the shower just fantastic. But what to do with my folded clothes and why was I on my hands and knees trying to find what we'd put in the safe? Apart from some hanging space and one tiny shelf which we shared with the iron and hairdryer, there were no drawers in the room in which to put our t-shirts, smalls, jerseys etc. So we lived out of our suitcase. Irritating really, trying to sort through a jumble in a suitcase every morning. Then there was the pleasure of getting things into and out of the safe which was in a cupboard at floor level. Not recommended for the less than flexible as you will have to get your face pretty close to the floor to view the contents within. If you're happy using your suitcase as a draw unit and you're up for a bit of gymnastics to work the safe, you'll be very happy with your stay in this spotless hotel that offers excellent service, a great view of New York, a really handy location and superb room service in the morning. A big plus for us also was being able to open a window for some fresh air.

Room Tip: Great views from a corner room.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Juno78
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 8 nights just over a week ago; I can't see myself staying at a different hotel any time soon when I visit NYC again, it was a great hotel that ticked all the boxes.
Reading the suggestions on this site I requested a corner room in advance and got it, it was great with views to the financial district & being on the 11th floor we didn't get too much street noise (only the occasional loud fire truck).
The location is perfect as you're only a block from Bleecker St subway station and can walk to the Greenwich Village etc easily.
The staff are great, no pretensions or "too cool" attitude whatsoever.
Gemma (the hotel restaurant) does very good breakfast and the lobby is very nice for pre dinner drinks with a big fireplace and comfortable couches- superb ambience.
Being NYC the room wasn't going to be Vegas size, but was definitely adequate with very comfortable bed & good sized bathroom.
Can't wait to visit again!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jamesz684
New Orleans
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

I stayed at the Bowery Hotel for two nights last week. On the first night I was there the entire cast of Mad Men was eating in the hotel restaurant. (Except for the actress who plays Megan Draper. Didn't see her.) No one was bothering them and everyone who worked there was really chill. Evidently they get a lot of celebs and trendy folks both dining and staying there. You might think that this would be the exact sort of hotel where you would get a "too cool for school" attitude from the people who work there but this could not be further from the truth. Everyone from the front desk personnel to the waitstaff could not have been more friendly and accommodating. It reminded me of the Maritime Hotel which I also like. The room was big enough and the bed was super comfy. The water pressure and shower flow were fantastic. This hotel had a high percentage of attractive people working there and staying there. When they are also nice and helpful and the room is great, what's not too like? Highly recommend.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Undrgdtrvlr
usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

From the moment, my sister Lorraine and I arrived for a overnight getaway-We KNEW we made a perfect choice in the Bowery Hotel.
It has all the extra's you look for in a hotel in NYC
a quick super friendly check in & check out and the room was lovely and clean . I loved the details put into everything you see in the hotel and especially within the rooms ; dimming lights, beautiful full city view windows and a nice mini bar with surprisingly classy touches . The room was perfect for us , great linens, a cool shower and a wonderful bed .The energy of the hotel was young but very easy to hangout in . It was a breeze to eat and drink at the bar / lounge area because we were staying at the hotel we could sit in great seats in the reserved section. That was so amazing because after going to many "cool" local bars we made our way back to the hotel to stay and have cocktails for the rest of the night ! It was a the absolute best choice . It definitely was a place to seen and be seen but not pretentious .
The staff we met from the bellman to the managers could not have been more knowledgable , helpful and just the " coolest" people to deal with. I want to go back just to see my "new found friends "that is how the staff made us feel and made our night memorable ; a huge thanks to Jamie( hottie server ) Monica (beautiful & lovely sever ) Mike ( front door ) Jose ( best bartender we have met yet) and Omega who was the manager and the coolest guy I have seen in charge in a hotel- A huge thanks to you all. I will be coming back to stay soon !!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family