The Bowery Hotel
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$205
US$195
Room Mate Hotels
  • Pool
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$204
US$159
  • Fitness centre
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$212
US$192
  • Restaurant
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$206
US$178
  • Room Service
Row NYC Hotel(New York City)
US$200
US$169
  • Bar/Lounge
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$213
US$176
  • Fitness centre
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$308
US$262
Hotels.com
  • Pool
US$189
US$159
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$377
US$250
Official Site
  • Room Service
Archer Hotel New York(New York City)
US$324
US$299
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewseast villagefloor to ceiling windowslower east sidecorner roomnew yorkbar scenehotel guestsadjoining restaurantroom serviceking roomhip hotelhotel restaurantlobby loungerain showermini barfavorite hotelfront desk staff
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Loved this hotel . Hope i have the luck and can get back . The best bed i ever sleept in
Cozy restaurant Gemma in the hotel , excellent breakfast
Perfect location ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

I Loved everthing

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We arrived at the hotel at 11:00 from Canada for an event being held at the hotel. We were tired and wanted to rest up a bit prior to the party. They had emailed us earlier asking when we would arrive and was told the time but when we got to the hotel they made us wait till 3p.m. to check in saying that the maid service was backlogged. One would have thought they would offer to clean our room at the top of the list but that did not happen. We asked the door man if he knew of a good healthish restaurant to have lunch but he drew a blank! A BLANK??? in New York city? The desk didn't contribute much the suggestion. They call the décor vintage I call it old dreary and beat up.. The furniture was worn and chipped dirty looking as well as beyond comfortable, trimming torn on the ottomans. Cobwebs on the fixtures especially on the outside atrium.The event was being held on the second floor was a maze to find. The room was blasting with air conditioner I watched all the women in their attire shivering. We asked someone anyone to turn it down. This was never done. Woke up to eat breakfast couldn't find a sole to direct us to restaurant. Finally found cleaning guy to help. and was told rudely that the restaurant does not open till 7a.m. it was 10 minutes to. They did not even offer us a coffee as we waited. So we waited in the atrium which was filthy bottles and fluids on the floor. They had watered a plant above the seats but no sign to warn clients not to sit since they were soaked! I will never ever stay in this place and will tell all my Canadian friends to beware. Esp. after paying $600 for a room the size of a bathroom suite.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
11  Thank 64dave
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We came back to the Bowery for a last minute trip up to NYC during April and, as usual, were delighted. The hotel has the feel of an old hotel, even though it is very new, and the attention to detail was impressive. The typical room sometimes feels a little snug, particularly if you have company, but we were upgraded to a larger corner room which was very spacious. I have stayed here several times before but I didn't even know they had rooms like this, so it may be worth asking about them when you reserve or check in.
The Bowery may be somewhat out of the way for many NYC destinations, but we were visiting our daughter at NYU, and after having tried several other hotels in the area, this was by far our favorite.
I have never tried to use the bar when I wasn't staying at the hotel, but as a guest at the hotel, I'm glad they make an effort to restrict use by non-guests. It is such an inviting place, I am sure there would be no room for hotel guests if they did not.

Room Tip: To avoid street noise, ask for a room facing the back. We have stayed in several, and they have all been very quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We very much enjoyed our stay at The Bowery Hotel. This property is very authentic and full of charm, and staff is very welcoming and accommodating. We stayed in a corner King room as recommended in a review I read. The room was spacious and the view was fantastic. You have to request a corner king and the staff at the front desk lets you know upon check in if a corner king is available. We were celebrating our anniversary, so I was thrilled that it worked for us to have a corner room.

Room Tip: Definitely request a corner king room. They are more spacious and the view can't be beat!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TPL1970
Reviewed 27 May 2014

So it's a hot day, and you decide to pop in to the Lobby Bar at the Bowery Hotel for a drink. You still want to be outside, so you head to the back and sit at an empty table. About to order a drink before the door man (or host) comes to advise that all seats in the lobby bar are reserved for people staying at the hotel. I question where we could drink, and told at the bar.

Looking around, the lobby bar was about 10-20% full on a Sunday afternoon. There's an abundance of empty seats. Was I not dressed right? Blazer, shirt, dark jeans and shoes. Did I not greet the staff as I walked in? yep I did, with a smile and ask how they were. Did I not look right? who knows. One thing is for sure, the attitude of the staff, especially the bald guy with the beard said I didn't want to be spending any money here. Sunday afternoon, in an empty bar and you can't have a sit and a drink because you want to appear an ultra-cool Bar ?

The décor of the hotel is nice, it just a shame about the Pretentious Staff

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple