“The epitome of boho cool”
Review of The Bowery Hotel

The Bowery Hotel
Ranked #116 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 7 October 2010

The Bowery is characterized by its great atmosphere. It's luxurious yet relaxed, with great service, a great bar with amazing cocktails and a good Italian restaurant which is literally a hot-spot for people watching.

Our king-size room was spacious, offering a great mini-bar selection, cool bath products and the softest bathrobes. We loved everything about it and was a great place to call home for the ten days we stayed in NYC.

Even the small wardrobe space was not a problem, despite having with us outfits and shoes to last us through our ten days and nights stay.

It's located on the Bowery road which is full of music memories and has managed to retain some of the beat of its past. It's not exactly touristy (like Chelsea) and it's in walking distance from all the major shopping streets, SoHo, NoLita etc.

1  Thank melt977

Reviewed 3 October 2010

I stayed at The Bowery for 5 nights with my husband for our honeymoon. The hotel itself was gorgeous.

We had requested a room on a higher floor which they gave us. We had a corner room on the 12th floor with beautiful views and the most wonderful bathtub I've ever had the pleasure of soaking in.

Our first night out, we returned to a bottle of champagne waiting for us from the manager!

I assume the windows are double paned because we couldn't hear any city noise when the windows were closed. They also have black out blinds so we were able to get the best sleep.

In addition to how beautiful this hotel is, the service was impeccable. They held our luggage for us happily both when we arrived (at 7:30am!) and when we left. There was always someone there to hold the door and greet us with a smile. They have loaner laptops which are free for up to 3 hours as well as loaner bikes!

The bar us also spectacular. The first night we went down there, it was fairly quiet but as we looked around we noticed that the few people that were in there were celebrities. That was kind of strange for us!

I have to single out Alicia who worked at the front desk. She was so great! The Bowery Hotel is very lucky to have her!

Oh! I should also mention the neighbourhood. We loved the East Village. It was very central to everything that we were interested in doing. The only people I wouldn't suggest this area to would maybe be those that are a bit older and conservative.

1  Thank ACSpanks
Reviewed 28 September 2010

First stay in a Soho hotel having lived there 9 years previously. Bowery is definitely in a part of town that amkes you feel like a local rather than a tourist up in midtown.
Loved the Bowery, very friendly, helpful staff. Room was bigger than most in NYC, and shower was just amazing.
Free wireless was easy to deal with and always worked.
Food in Gemma, the restaurant, was very very good.
No complaints at all.
Just a reminder to foreigners like myself that you mustn't forget that tax will be added to the published room rates (its the one thing I'd forgotten after 9 years).

Reviewed 13 September 2010

This is the very first review I've ever written. I'm a frequent traveler to all cities all over the world. I've stayed in some of the most exclusive hotels. The Bowery as far as appearance and hotel is not a 5 star but a very strong 4 star hotel EXCEPT for its security. At my recent stay, I had over $800 worth of gift cards stolen from my purse. I reported it to front desk. When I didn't hear back from them after 4 days I called them again. I was than told I'd hear back from them the same day. I didn't hear back from them. I contacted them the following day and their security said he'd investigate the matter. He called me four hours later and I told him I would contact him back. When I contacted him 30 minutes later, he had already left for the day. The person who answered the phone said he was familiar with my case that their investigation was completed and I should call the cops if I wanted any additional help. Honestly, talk about low class service. No call from management to apologize. NOTHING. Did they really think their housekeeping was going to say "yes I did it, I stole it please take the cards back". It's amazing to me that a hotel so beautiful and portrays themselves as having such wonderful service could be so unprofessional. I'll never stay here again.

8  Thank LucKas75
Reviewed 11 September 2010

I have stayed at The Bowery twice now & love this property so much! I recently stayed at the end of August & had such a nice stay! The feel is so authentic & lived in, but a brand new construction on the Bowery in NYC. I live in the city, but love trying new hotels & this is one of my all time favorites! :) the staff, from Tilo at the Front Desk who always swiftly checks me in to Mike F. in the Lobby Bar who was a great server & all of the doormen, who are incredibly charming & kind, especially Ross----such a great team all around:) My room this time (316) was lovely & apparently upgraded due to availability, which was very nice! the small seating area was nice & the soaking tub & outstanding shower were perfection as always! I don't think I've ever stayed at another hotel in America with such amazing showers--you will never want to get out:) The food at Gemma is so yummy, including the Rigatoni & the Chocolate cake....so good! Room service for breakfast is lovely & fairly reasonable for a city hotel. Just sitting in the lobby is fun---a nice mix of hipsters, young travelers & locals. The bath products from Bigelow, including the bubble bath are also so nice:) the bed is very comfy with really good pillows! even the cookies at turndown are so thoughtful-----the guys & girls running the hotel are doing a great job! kudos to everyone!!! i'll def. be back soon:)

Warm Regards,
Patrick Winkler
NYC
11 September 2010

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 September 2010

As soon as we walked through the glass doors, we were both treated amazingly and all the staff were extremely friendly. We were fortunate to have been given a corner room on the 10th Floor, which had ceiling to floor windows overlooking the LES, Soho and the Financial District. Which was just hypnotisingly beautiful.

The room itself was very large and had a huge bed, and was very comfortable.

The general style of the hotel is of a very old school, colonial look, with lots of wood and dark colours. The patio at back was extremely beautiful.

A must place to stay.

Reviewed 4 September 2010

I've stayed here before and wanted to bring my husband back to celebrate our 8th anniversary. We had a 11th floor corner king. What a GREAT stay. Without exception, every single person who worked here gave us flawless service - warm, professional, responsive, friendly. That's hard to achieve for a hotel, and I'm generally a very picky consumer. We had dinner at Gemma's twice, and the food was fantastic. It was a most wonderful stay and HB is now our "go to" place when we're in NYC. We've stayed at Blue Moon, Waldorf, and used airbnb for apartments, which is great when we bring our kids. But if it's just the two of us, Bowery Hotel can't be beat. Thanks to the staff for a wonderful job!