“Honestly, this place deserves a Michelin star!”
Review of The Peacock - CLOSED

The Peacock
Price range: US$25 - US$50
Cuisines: British, Bar, Pub
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Description: The Shakespeare offers well-kept beers and cask ales and friendly service in a casual no-frills environment. Serving a more sophisticated ‘pub grub’ repertoire coupled with a setting reminiscent of a 14th century tavern, the pub is the perfect place to have a pint and grab a bite to eat. We also have two elegant rooms located above the pub, The Peacock Room is modeled after a 19th Century gentleman’s club complete with an elegant fireplace. The Garden Room is decorated beautifully with artwork by Bradley Wood and a stunning Waterford Crystal Chandelier. We are as well fortunate to have Raines Law Room located in the same building at The William where guests can enjoy craft cocktails with a small bite and dessert menu.
Toronto
“Honestly, this place deserves a Michelin star!”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

My wife and I had the pleasure of dining in many of Gordon Ramsay's restaurants around the world and this place parallels without a sweat!

A new restaurant, part of a triage of restaurants at The William. The decor is very impressive, almost feels as eating in a 18th century hall.

We ordered both the steak and the salmon tartar which were delicious. The Salmon was served on a Mini Yorkshire pudding, with toasted walnuts, lemon, crumbled Stilton and celery. The steak tartar was served on toasted truffle baguette - very tasty!

For main course we had the Trout (with Organic baby kale, carrots, baby leeks, fresh
truffle) and Roasted Sullivan County Chicken (Poached local leeks, wilted kale, asparagus,
broad beans, lemon & thyme) and we accompanied it with Crozes Equinoxe red wine.

The service was very professional and we had a great time. The food was very tasty, with the right amount of seasoning in all the dishes we ordered.

For dessert, we had the Sticky Toffee Pudding (we ordered 2, since it's a dessert dish that we don't share! lol) - it was amazing!

It was a great surprise to find such a great restaurant in Midtown New York and we will certainly come back again.

We did return on a Sunday for that delicious sticky toffee pudding, but they are closed on Sundays. Nonetheless, the downstairs bar (The Shakespeare) serves some of the dishes (same chef) and we had great time there as well.

Kudos to the chef - Jason Hicks! Highly recommended.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Deepwater_diver

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great New Find in NYC near Times Square”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I recently had dinner at The Peacock with a friend and business associate. I was not aware that The Peacock existed until my friend suggested we go there. The place has only been open for about 6 months and it occupies the previous Williams Club location on 39th. It has been turned into a boutique hotel, a pub - The Shakespeare, and a restaurant - The Peacock. The Peacock is set up on the main floor and occupies a few rooms, each cozy and unique. There is also a beautiful little outdoor area that I highly suggest if the weather is good. It is an oasis not far from Times Square! Probably an ideal spot for 6 or fewer in your party, 8 might be pushing it but doable, as it is a lovely space but not a huge space.
The food was a notch above upscale pub food and there is plenty of comfort food to be had on the menu. I selected an Indian curry special and my friend selected a brook trout special. Both were excellent, and good values. The service was outstanding and fun, attentive and interactive but not intrusive.
I will be returning to The Peacock soon on a visit to NYC!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Tomas M
Oxford, United Kingdom
“"Just" drinks- wish I lived in this neighborhood!”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

My sister and I met up with a friend here for drinks late one night after a Broadway show. It was mid-week and there were a few other patrons there to keep my friend occupied while she waited on us. It's a great location for people from around the city because Grand Central (subway/trains) is just 2 tiny blocks away. There were definitely people from the neighborhood popping in so it did not feel like a hotel bar/restaurant at all. I bet a lot of people didn't even know there was a hotel there! The bartender was fabulous and the drinks were delicious- there were some great signature "British" cocktails to choose from. If I'm buying a cocktail in NYC this it the yummy distinctive type I'm happy to shell out city prices for. As it got later and the patrons thinned out the bartender was so gracious- he didn't rush us at all. The interior feels like a very posh British pub without being over-the-top. A few rooms to choose from, comfortable and stylish sofas and coffee tables. I wish I lived nearby as this would definitely become a local haunt!

• Visited July 2014
Hudson, New York
“Jack's review”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

This restaurant is in the William Hotel. We had dinner here the first evening and the quality of the food was great. We also had brunch there on Sunday morning prior to leaving. Also excellent. Great service and food.

Visited July 2014
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Outstanding”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Dined here one evening and have to say, it was one of the best meals I have had. Excellent choice of food, with a heavy British influence! The sticky toffee pudding is out of this world... as is the banoffee trifle! Atmosphere is great too, with drawing rooms to enjoy your pre dinner drinks in, then the dining room which is bustling, but not in an oppressive way. There will be an outside dining area completed soon, so will have to go back for lunch soon!!!

• Visited May 2014