“weekend trip to see Ramin Karimloo”
Review of Les Miserables - CLOSED

Les Miserables
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The epic musical that's captured the hearts of millions is back on Broadway! LES MISERABLES has returned to Broadway's Imperial Theatre in an acclaimed new production that has audiences leaping to their feet. Set against the backdrop of 19th-century France, LES MIZ is an unforgettable story of heartbreak, passion, and the resilience of the human spirit, that has become one of the most celebrated musicals in theatrical history. Featuring the timeless score and beloved songs "I Dreamed A Dream", "Bring Him Home", "One Day More", and "On My Own", this breathtaking new Broadway production has left the critics awestruck, hailing it "A LES MIZ FOR THE 21ST CENTURY!" (The Huffington Post)
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Had to see this incredibly gifted man perform live! Wish I could afford to see Les Mis every week. Ramin is a performer with unequaled gifts as a singer and performer.

All reviews
in 53 reviews
"costumes"
in 33 reviews

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I've seen Les Mis at least five times over the years. Several times in London, once at the Kennedy Center in DC (awful touring company) and now on Broadway. I'll confess I did not have high hopes. I thought it might be a tired revival destined to have a short run. I was pleasantly surprised. This Les Mis sizzles with life and energy from the first scene. The director has refreshed and changed some of the staging and it gives the show a new vitality. And the cast! This is a cast of singers. Every lead from Jean Valjean to Javert and many of the minor characters have tremendous voices. When Ramin Karimloo, who plays Jean Valjean, started signing "Bring Him Home," I held my breath because it's such a difficult piece to perform well. It's at a very high pitch and can come off as nasally or strained, but he sang the song capably and clearly.

If you've seen Les Mis before, you'll appreciate the changes in this revival. If you've never seen it before, you're in for a treat. And if you've only seen Les Mis is the movies, prepare to be amazed as you see this production the way it truly was intended to be presented.

OK. Enough gushing. The show is great. Go see it.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

This is the third time I have gone to see Les Mis and I'm convinced it's the best production out of the three. I attended a weekend matinee with family members which included a teen boy and we all LOVED it! Beautiful engrossing story, fantastic staging, superb voices across the board.

Will Swenson is fantastic as 'Javert' and Ramin Karimloo was unreal as 'Jean Valjean'. His 'Bring Him Home' was the most beautiful rendition I have ever heard and at the very first note I was reduced to a blubbering mess. All the little hairs on the back of my neck stood straight up. I am obsessed with this production and will definitely be going again. I want everyone to go! :)

Reviewed 18 June 2014

The sets are amazing...the music is beautiful and the story is riveting. Les Miserables delivers all that you might want in a play on broadway. If you only have time to see one play and don't want to be disappointed, this is the one to see. The sets move all over the place and you will be humming songs long after the play is over. Plus ... there isn't the high demand on tickets like others since it has been on Broadway for many many years. Go to Les Miserables and have a great time!

See more reviews
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The show was great. No doubt about it. The cast was supberb and I love the way the show had some cool techy vibe to it. I've seen the show 3 times before, so it made it a bit different from the other Le Mis shows I've seen. Only complaint I have is that the theater was small and the seats (which were $150) were just ok. I couldn't see stage right from where I sat and, for that price, I expected much better seats. My husband bought us 2 drinks - $40!!! That's insane. $10 for a soda. Nothing's cheap anymore!