“As good as the original”
Review of Les Miserables

Les Miserables
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The epic musical that's captured the hearts of millions is back on Broadway! LES MISERABLES has returned to Broadway's Imperial Theatre in an acclaimed new production that has audiences leaping to their feet. Set against the backdrop of 19th-century France, LES MIZ is an unforgettable story of heartbreak, passion, and the resilience of the human spirit, that has become one of the most celebrated musicals in theatrical history. Featuring the timeless score and beloved songs "I Dreamed A Dream", "Bring Him Home", "One Day More", and "On My Own", this breathtaking new Broadway production has left the critics awestruck, hailing it "A LES MIZ FOR THE 21ST CENTURY!" (The Huffington Post)
Reviewed 27 August 2014

I was not sure what to expect having seen the original Les Miz some 20 years ago. But it was great. The stage is smaller and the iconic turntable is gone but they did a good job anyway. The casting was ok but Jean Valjean was much too young for the part.

1  Thank GaryD62
Write a ReviewReviews (1,629)

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Obviously, I love this play and I go to see it every time it comes back to Broadway. This particular version is every bit as wonderful as the others. You will be moved to tears and laughter. It's a great show which only the stage trappings of Broadway can fully capture. Enjoy!

Reviewed 24 August 2014

I have seen Les Mis several times on Broadway and I have to admit this was the best. As always the cast was awesome, but some of the solos were incredible...goosebumps all around. What set this Les Mis apart from the others is the updated staging and lighting. Really made a difference. If you get a chance, you must go to this show. No words can really describe the experience - you have to go live it for yourself.

1  Thank syrsteel
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I have seen Les Miserables 5 times now in different cities and countries. This one was one of the best! What a great performance. I would see it again. I was brought to tears more than once!

1  Thank Jennyfonfon
Reviewed 23 August 2014

To say this is a great show is an understatement. I have seen Les Miz 17 times in diverse locations. I never have been disapponted. The players keep changing but the music and script is so strong that is as if I am seeing it for the 1str time. The stage show is ever so much better than a pretty good movie production. You will love it!!!

1  Thank gov5180