“la future”

Ranked #22 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Mytishchi, Russia
“la future”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The most interesting and nice hotel in Manhattan! Perfect location, beautiful view in addition to unusual rooms made our trip in New-York the most unforgettable! Citizen M present us a honeymooners present and a compliment welcome drink that was very cute! But the price of this hotel is not low.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
citizenLance, Manager at citizenM New York Times Square, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Hello Bankgog,

Thank your for share your feelings about us. I am honored you choose to spend this special occasion at citizenM and so very pleased that we were part of making it "unforgettable". New York is an expensive city and prices are higher than other destinations. I am confident that if you compared us to other similar hotels in our area, we would show favorably.

Look forward to your next visit.

citizenLance

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (409)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

One of the best hotels i have ever been. Service, location, design are trully high. Congrats. We had a great time and hit again CitizenM as our selection. Remarkable room service and cleanses.
Very near to the hot spot at time square, in a corner of silence with 2 subways the red and the blue in the same block.
Last night went to the bar with a beautiful view of New York Time Square, good music and wonderful cocktails.

• Stayed June 2014
Hi Luis O,

I am very happy to read you enjoyed staying us. I also appreciate that you took some time to write your review. Thanks.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This hotel was awesome. The rooms are VERY small. However, we were only there to sleep (in the room) so it served it's purpose. There is a tablet in room that controls EVERYTHING including the changing of the different color lighting in your room. The location was great, the staff was helpful and we had a great time.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
citizenLance, Manager at citizenM New York Times Square, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Hi toniek,

Thanks for sharing your experience. Love the title of your review! I was very happy to see you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon.

London
Reviewed 30 June 2014

CitizenM hotel was an unknown quantity to me and I'd booked it for a business trip from the UK based primarily on price and location. Sometimes you just fall on your feet and this was a perfect example.

The staff could not have been more helpful and friendly, it was so obviously that they love working at this hotel. The room was brilliant - very comfortable bed and although a little small, the design was so good that it seemed much bigger. The shower was fantastic.

Downstairs in the lobby there is a great coffee shop / bar that serves 24/7 and the breakfast was excellent.

I will be actively seeking out CitizenM hotels in other cities based on this experience. The bar on the 21st flor also has some amazing views of the city. Faultless.

Hello ryorke,

Sound like we have a new "citizen"! I was so happy to read you enjoyed our hotel. When you go to look for more of our hotels, you will not need to look far. citizenM is coming to a fantastic location in your home town, at Tower Hill - an addition to citizenM London Bankside right next to Tate London.

But don't be a stranger...we'll see you back in NYC soon I hope.

Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Typical style of CitizenM (same concept of hyper modern but small rooms) dropped near Time Square. If you know the concept of the hotel (small but sustainable rooms with remote control to everything from TV to window blinds from an ipad in the room), very friendly and helpful staff, with a "living room where you can relax and interact with other (very international) guests.

I like the concept, was there in Amsterdam. If you like it there, be sure to visit the NY one.

Room Tip: I always think the higher the better in manhattan. Although this hotel takes pride in sound proof ro...
1 Thank Wiemel
citizenLance, Manager at citizenM New York Times Square, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Hello Wiemel,

Thanks for taking a moment to tell us and others about your stay here. I was excited to read that you like our "living room" concept. Being able to sit and relax, or work, or meet, or eat, or whatever, is such a integral part of the citizenM experience. And of course, having the right people to support it! Thanks for mentioning our team.

Look forward to seeing you back soon.

London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The first thing you notice walking into CitizenM is the atmosphere that is created by their welcoming and friendly staff who guide you through the check in process. Here, you feel like they are genuinely happy working at the hotel, rather than putting on a face in the name of 'customer service'.

The decor of the hotel is nice and modern - quirky without being over the top. the rooms, whilst not the largest you could get (yet not bad for NYC) are impeccably clean and tidy and the bed very comfortable.

The Samsung Tablet controlling all the facilities in the room is more than just a gimmick - it's actually hugely practical being able to control all the lighting and TV from one spot rather than walking round the room switching on lamps and sourcing the remote like usual.

The roof deck bar is beautiful - such a nice view of midtown, especially at night and the cocktails compliment it well!

Lastly, I fell ill with the flu mid-way through my trip and so was bed-ridden for a couple of days. On the last day of my flu, I went downstairs to try and eat some food, and hearing my cough a member of staff (I wish I would have caught his name) came along and gave me a green tea with honey to help - which it did.

To me - that just emulates the kind of service you can expect from CitizenM - whilst it's not expensive, they don't see this as an excuse to cut down in other ways - they go above and beyond in everything.

A couple of notes for other travellers - they don't have room service (as far as I could tell) which is something I don't really mind generally, but might have been nice for when I was ill. They don't have a full restaurant either, but have an area with pastries, drinks and two hot dishes (one meat one veggie). I didn't think this was a problem though as you're not short of spots to eat in the area around the hotel.

1 Thank Naomi E
Hi Naomi E,

Thank you for your review and must assume by now you are feeling better. I am so glad to hear that our team extended themselves. Some have asked me how we live up to our motto of affordable luxury; I am going to use your story to explain it.

You are correct we do not offer room service, but if we knew you were sick, we would have brought the tea to you. And yes, canteenM, our cafe, is not a traditional restaurant. Our objective is to provide a delicious meal. We have hot & cold food during breakfast, lunch & dinner and we are open 24/7.

We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to NYC.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stayed here recently with my adult daughter for two nights and enjoyed everything about our visit. We were able to check in early because a room happened to be available, which was very handy, and found the room compact but plenty big enough for two people with shelves, an under-bed drawer, desk and cupboard available to hold our assorted belongings. It was clean, comfortable and attractive. Got a kick out of the control tablet and playing with the lights. Loved the fridge stocked with only complimentary water (wonderful in the extremely hot weather we had) so that you don't have to worry about being charged for something as soon as you open it. The room was very quiet and there is great wi-fi in all areas of the hotel. The roof top bar is a great place to relax at the end of a busy day. The staff is superb - tremendously friendly and helpful. Hotel is in a fabulous location and check-in and out is wonderfully quick and easy. Loved that even though we checked out in the morning and weren't flying out until the evening, we were welcome to not only store our luggage, but to relax in the lounges and use the computers to plan activities for the day and confirm our flight later in the evening. Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank DebD_10
Hi DebD_10,

Thanks for sharing your experience with us and others. I am so happy to see you "loved" being here. I see you gave us all top scores and thanks for that too.

Looking forward to your next trip to the "big apple"!