“The best hotel I have ever been to”

citizenM New York Times Square
Ranked #21 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Tel Aviv, Israel
“The best hotel I have ever been to”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I've been to many hotels, some of them much more expensive, but this is the best one:
a. perfect location - midtown, but quite corner. subway 20 meters far.
b. perfect room - small but exactly what you need
c. very modern - everything is free - internet, movies.
d. cool and well designed
and above all the team is amazing, they do everything to help you with a smile. never seen such a team and commitment.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
citizenLance, Manager at citizenM New York Times Square, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Hi Nir D,

That was very kind of you to write such a glowing review. Thank you. I am so happy you loved everything. I also appreciate your comments about the team. It is so nice when they get recognized for what they do...it's very motivating!

Look forward to your next visit.

citizenLance

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (392)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 July 2014

What a fun place to stay! I went with my friend and our kids and we all loved it for different reasons. The kids truly enjoyed the contemporary style and the cheeky signs, My friend and I liked the outdoor seating in the bar, and we all loved how convenient is the location. The staff is so genuinely friendly and enthusiastic that it was hard to believe we are in NYC. Check in and check out is super easy. Staying at CitizenM definitely improved our vacation experience a lot. Will definitely go back!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
citizenLance, Manager at citizenM New York Times Square, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Hello Olena51,

Thank you for your very nice review. I am so pleased to hear that citizenM made your vacation better. The team is focused on your experience and it will be my pleasure to pass along your compliments of their performance. So excited you will choose us again.

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this hotel on 4/5/2014 as well as 6/14/2014. Both times we were impressed with this hotel. I love their modern artistic decor and lounge areas. The staff is warm and inviting. Check in is quick using their computers and activating your own room key. The rooms are small, enough room for two people max. The bed is comfortable and there's a flat screen right on the wall above the bed. Everything is controlled by a tablet. You can change the color of the bathroom lighting, which I couldn't get enough of;) you can also use the tablet to open the shades, change the channels, cut the lights on and off, listen to music which is convenient. The shower is awesome with good pressure. Our first room had a full mirror and a division between the shower and toilet (room 506). The second room we booked didn't have a full mirror and there wasn't a division between the shower and toilet which made a big difference (room 1903). I would request the room with the full mirror and division. The bar area and outside seating is a big plus. Bartenders were friendly and made some good drinks. The area is perfect, close to everything. I can't say enough great things about this hotel. I appreciate this hotel even more after staying at Lowes Regency on Park Ave in Manhattan due to this hotel being booked. We recommended this hotel to all of our friends and family already! Definitely will be staying here again.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Yosi212
citizenLance, Manager at citizenM New York Times Square, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Hi Yosi212,

Thanks for sharing your experience(s) with us. We have been open just over 100 days and it's great to have repeat citizens! I was so glad to hear you enjoyed. Of our 230 rooms, there are 4 on the top floors that are slightly different (the building changes shape slightly). Next time you stay, we'll be sure to give your our regular room.

See you then.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 21 July 2014

What a great new option in NYC! I was only in town for 2 days and this place was perfect for my needs. It looks exactly as it does in the website pictures. The rooms are small but well-appointed and very comfortable (especially for one person). Plenty of space to store luggage and I appreciated having a mini-fridge in the room. The tablet to control the lights and blinds was really easy to use but there are wall switches if you aren't tech savvy. The location is perfect - close to subway stations and within walking distance to many of the major sights. And the rooftop bar is a great place to relax and take in the city. The staff was so friendly and helpful without being intrusive. Highly recommended!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
citizenLance, Manager at citizenM New York Times Square, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Hi Veggie78,

I really appreciate that you took a moment to share your stay with us. Thank you. It seems like you enjoyed your time very much...great. I see one of your favorite cities is London. We have a citizenM near the Tate Museum and more opening next year at Tower Hill and Shoreditch. Hopefully we will see you back here or one of our sister hotels.

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

The CitizenM hotel is brand new, cool and high tech! There is no reception but a set of computers with several young guys helping you. Quick, simple, and never an issue. Rooms are well equipped, small but functional and everything is controlled through a tablet, enabling to define your preferences for your room, tv and Internet. Wifi is free. Personnel is always friendly and available. The hotel is very well located. Really a great place to stay.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
citizenLance, Manager at citizenM New York Times Square, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Hi Franck92200

Thanks for your feedback. I am pleased you enjoyed and love the title of your review! I'll be sure to pass along your comments on the team. See you on your next trip to NYC.

Satellite Beach, Florida
Reviewed 19 July 2014

By far, the most incredible space in the city. The Euro style and class shows from walking up to the building, then only gets better. Staff 100% awesome, everyone we met was friendly, smiling, helpful and professional. Breakfast offerings were perhaps the best around for the price, coffee service to die for......do not stay anywhere else if they have rooms. Only open since April, they nailed it!!

Room Tip: Simply does not matter. Very quiet, all rooms have electric shades and blinds, eclectic amenities an...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank TCwine
Hey TNC19390,

Thanks for sharing your review and the other comments we shared via email. We are looking forward to your return. PS - I got a note from one of our wine suppliers who was so appreciative to receive your comments. Thanks!

See you next time.

Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I was in NYC for business and stayed at this hotel. It is only a block from Broadway (Times Square, and Theater district) and in a perfect location if you are going to site see. The rooms are VERY unique with an Ikea feel. Mood lighting, rain shower, samsung tablet to turn on lights, and adjust blinds. The rooftop bar is a great getaway for guests only. The room is very small, so two people would feel cramped but honestly you shouldn't be spending that much time in your room. When I arrived my room was completely made up. The housekeeper had to come in to finish making the bed. Then the first night the tablet wouldn't shut off the picture frame (digital) on the wall. The light was annoying so at 1am I had to call someone to shut it off. They came right away but the technology could be an issue down the line for them. Great security with your room key only allowing you up the elevator. I would probably stay here again because its just got a cool vibe to it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Hello Elaina E,

Thanks for choosing us and taking a moment to share your visit. Glad to hear you liked our location, roof top bar and some of the design features. My apologies for the technology problem and the confusion with housekeeping. We are addressing.

I was pleased to read you'd come back on a future trip. We look forward to it.