“Great hotel”

citizenM New York Times Square
Ranked #24 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Loved it from moment I walked in. Greeted at door. Check in took 5mins. Maybe less!

Terrifically clean studio room.

Very small, but you shouldn't be sitting in your room anyway. One gigantic king-size bed. Fit both of us fine.

Rooftop for cocktails before or after theatre is a great place. Closes a bit too early, but wonderful service!!!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Teachcaine
citizenLance, Manager at citizenM New York Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Hi Teachcaine,

Thanks for your review. I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay. Others have also commented about the rooftop bar's closing time. There are local ordinances that dictate the closing time for any venues with outdoor space. We hope to expand it in the future.

Hope too see you back here soon.

citizenLance

Write a ReviewReviews (3,409)

Reviewed 25 July 2014

We spent 11 nites in this hotel. We went to DC and Niagara Fall in the middle of our stay and have no problems with our luggage being kept in their storage. Very convenience, not only that, this hotel is in the middle of the crowd so you can get whatever you need. It takes 10min to GrayLine Visitor Center where you can get varieties of tours, 15 min to Times Square, 20 min to Bus Terminal, the Theaters are closeby, it is so convenience. The room is small with big bed enough for 3 of us, me and my teens. Complete with modern decor with colorful changing light in the bathroom, cool ! You can do check in and check out by yourself. No cash accepted so prepare your card. There are staff around and they are helpful with your questions about the hotel or Manhattan in general. Don't forget the bar on 21st floor, it is small but cozy. Simply enjoyable... love it!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Hello cheerful71,

Thanks for sharing your stay with us and other readers. I am very happy to hear you found our location desirable. Times Square is centrally located and we have several different subway lines on our corners. I was also glad to read you liked your guest room & it worked for you and your family. The rooftop bar, cloudbar, seats about 100 and has some great views, especially at sunset. Glad you had a chance to see it.

See you on your next trip to NYC.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

We've stayed at a couple of CitizenM hotels in Europe so it was great to see them come to New York City. The hotel is wonderful and the staff went out of their way to make our stay memorable. Hotel guests can use the bar at the top of the hotel which was really nice after a busy day in the city.

For people thinking of staying here, my only comment is decide whether you want to stay near Times Square. It's super convenient if you are in town for the Theatre, but if you're in town for other reasons this area gets super busy.....

Room Tip: All rooms are the same. The lower the floor the less time on the elevator.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
citizenLance, Manager at citizenM New York Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Hi TR_California,

Thanks for your review. It's always great to see our returning citizens. I was glad you had a good time. Times Square is our first USA/NYC hotel. We are developing a property in the Bowery section of Manhattan, which will give you an option in a popular yet less frenetic neighborhood. Watch for more hotels in New York and other US cities soon.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I've been to many hotels, some of them much more expensive, but this is the best one:
a. perfect location - midtown, but quite corner. subway 20 meters far.
b. perfect room - small but exactly what you need
c. very modern - everything is free - internet, movies.
d. cool and well designed
and above all the team is amazing, they do everything to help you with a smile. never seen such a team and commitment.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Hi Nir D,

That was very kind of you to write such a glowing review. Thank you. I am so happy you loved everything. I also appreciate your comments about the team. It is so nice when they get recognized for what they do...it's very motivating!

Look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

What a fun place to stay! I went with my friend and our kids and we all loved it for different reasons. The kids truly enjoyed the contemporary style and the cheeky signs, My friend and I liked the outdoor seating in the bar, and we all loved how convenient is the location. The staff is so genuinely friendly and enthusiastic that it was hard to believe we are in NYC. Check in and check out is super easy. Staying at CitizenM definitely improved our vacation experience a lot. Will definitely go back!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
citizenLance, Manager at citizenM New York Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Hello Olena51,

Thank you for your very nice review. I am so pleased to hear that citizenM made your vacation better. The team is focused on your experience and it will be my pleasure to pass along your compliments of their performance. So excited you will choose us again.

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this hotel on 4/5/2014 as well as 6/14/2014. Both times we were impressed with this hotel. I love their modern artistic decor and lounge areas. The staff is warm and inviting. Check in is quick using their computers and activating your own room key. The rooms are small, enough room for two people max. The bed is comfortable and there's a flat screen right on the wall above the bed. Everything is controlled by a tablet. You can change the color of the bathroom lighting, which I couldn't get enough of;) you can also use the tablet to open the shades, change the channels, cut the lights on and off, listen to music which is convenient. The shower is awesome with good pressure. Our first room had a full mirror and a division between the shower and toilet (room 506). The second room we booked didn't have a full mirror and there wasn't a division between the shower and toilet which made a big difference (room 1903). I would request the room with the full mirror and division. The bar area and outside seating is a big plus. Bartenders were friendly and made some good drinks. The area is perfect, close to everything. I can't say enough great things about this hotel. I appreciate this hotel even more after staying at Lowes Regency on Park Ave in Manhattan due to this hotel being booked. We recommended this hotel to all of our friends and family already! Definitely will be staying here again.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Yosi212
citizenLance, Manager at citizenM New York Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Hi Yosi212,

Thanks for sharing your experience(s) with us. We have been open just over 100 days and it's great to have repeat citizens! I was so glad to hear you enjoyed. Of our 230 rooms, there are 4 on the top floors that are slightly different (the building changes shape slightly). Next time you stay, we'll be sure to give your our regular room.

See you then.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

What a great new option in NYC! I was only in town for 2 days and this place was perfect for my needs. It looks exactly as it does in the website pictures. The rooms are small but well-appointed and very comfortable (especially for one person). Plenty of space to store luggage and I appreciated having a mini-fridge in the room. The tablet to control the lights and blinds was really easy to use but there are wall switches if you aren't tech savvy. The location is perfect - close to subway stations and within walking distance to many of the major sights. And the rooftop bar is a great place to relax and take in the city. The staff was so friendly and helpful without being intrusive. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
citizenLance, Manager at citizenM New York Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Hi Veggie78,

I really appreciate that you took a moment to share your stay with us. Thank you. It seems like you enjoyed your time very much...great. I see one of your favorite cities is London. We have a citizenM near the Tate Museum and more opening next year at Tower Hill and Shoreditch. Hopefully we will see you back here or one of our sister hotels.