“Excellent Citizen M New York”

citizenM New York Times Square
Ranked #22 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“Excellent Citizen M New York”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

This hotel is exactly the same as described on their website, the photos are completely accurate and reflect the atmosphere of this wonderful hotel.

Super staff, eager to please and welcoming!!

Rooms are clean, comfy and the showers exhilarating !!!

Breakfasts - such choice and good quality food.

A great location, good value and the place of choice to stay for future trips to NYC.

Room Tip: We were on the 12th floor, quiet and little, if any street noise!!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
citizenLance, Manager at citizenM New York Times Square, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Hello 241anon,

I appreciate you took some time to review your visit with us & others. Thanks. It was very gratifying to learn you would choose us again. Appreciate that you mentioned the staff...it is great when they get recognized.

Until next trip....

citizenLance

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (404)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a 5 night work trip (conference in Times Square). Firstly the location was handy for my situation, but I found midtown lacks atmosphere and the dining/drinking options of downtown so leisure travellers may want to consider this their plans. However the hotel itself was well thought out, clean and seemingly always infused with great energy. In some respects it seemed like a very luxe backpackers (in the best sense of the term). Only criticism re room is that bed was big but too firm and better bedding sheets etc. would have made it more enjoyable. Loved the private rooftop bar for a sunset drink with friends.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
citizenLance, Manager at citizenM New York Times Square, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Hello benchickens,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. Glad you had a good time and I like the luxe backpacker feeling you got. Sorry the bed wasn't to your liking. We generally get very good comments about that. I am happy you liked the rooftop bar. Hopeful you will choose us again.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 August 2014

My wife and I stayed between 24th and 28th of July to celebrate her 30th birthday. From check in to check out we were nothing short of impressed with citizenm. Room was exactly as described, comfortable, clean and cool. Couple of small issues with the moodpad (tablet) but nothing which couldn't be fixed with a quick reboot. I'd asked the hotel to have some wine and birthday cake waiting in the room for us on arrival and was a bit worried when we entered the room and they were nowhere to be seen. Had that forgotten? Within 5 minutes, a knock of the door and one of the hotel staff was waiting with a huge cake, wine and a birthday card for my wife. Cake was delicious and we could only eat a small piece before heading out to explore. Cloud bar is amazing and was the perfect end to each evening. Great views and great drinks.Location dictated that the price of the hotel was never going to be the cheapest however I'd still say we got value for money overall. We had an awesome time and the hotel was a big part of the overall experience.

• Stayed July 2014
citizenLance, Manager at citizenM New York Times Square, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Hello colinho1981,

I am honored that you choose citizenM to celebrate this special occasion. Thank you for sharing it with us. I am also very glad to read what a great time you had and that your experience at our hotel was a big part of your trip. Our guests are so enjoying the cloudbar; great that you did too.

We'll see you next time you're in New York.

St. Petersburg, Russia
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Do you like contemporary design and incredible hospitality beyond your imagination - be a citizen in CitizenM hotel NY. You feel welcome from the first step inside. Every little detail will excite your curiosity.

Room Tip: All rooms are the same. Honestly, they are small, but they are very cool and the huge bed from wall...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
citizenLance, Manager at citizenM New York Times Square, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Hello Sommerglad,

Thanks for sharing how citizenM made you feel. In the end, that's really what it's all about. I am looking forward to your next visit and hope we can continue to excite your curiosity.

Fremantle, Australia
Reviewed 30 July 2014

CitizenM is a great pick for New York, great location, friendly staff and very modern. The rooms are small, but what you expect from NYC. Comfortable bed, good wifi.
Roof top bar is the perfect place for a drink before heading out on the town. We didn't dine at the restaurant downstairs, but enjoyed some birthday cake with the staff to celebrate a members birthday.
Staff even ironed my partners shirt for him before we headed out.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi Casswa78

Thanks for sharing your visit. I was happy to read you enjoyed your time with us and glad you could enjoy some birthday cake.

We'll see you back soon.

SF Bay Area
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

So high tech and cool, I thought I was aboard a futuristic space craft when I woke up. The lighting, in room tablet control panel. Amazing decor and staff. Really, really fun. They put it all together perfectly!! Good job!!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank ottotolen
Hello ottotolen,

Thnaks for sharing your stay with us. Glad you had fun. I assume you used one of our wilder wake up settings...maybe the one where the TV goes on or the countdown!

I look forward to seeing you back here soon.

Berwick-upon-Tweed, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

I've just returned home from 6 fantastic nights in this great hotel so now it's time for my review. First , Hotel Location - couldnt be better! 2 mins walk from Broadway and less than 10 mins stroll from Times Square. Two nearby Subway stations within 300 feet of the hotel helps you get wherever you need to go , once youve mastered the art of tranferring between Subway lines! Now onto the hotel its-self and what can I say that hasnt already been said - cool , trendy , young , funky , different - call it what you will , you wont find any stuffy old fashioned bell hops or doormen here , just young friendly attentive staff that can't do enough for you. Checking in is painless and easy via the computer terminals , if you need a hand theres always a staff member there but I found it really easy. Onto the rooms , I was in 607 which is a corner room (I think) so it is slightly bigger and has the wash basin in the conventional place in the bathroom. I loved the mood lighting , the electric blind and shutter all controlled from the Samsung tablet (there are switches on the wall also if thats easier) you control the temperature of the room , the fan speed and the TV via the tablet as well. Theres a room phone which works like Skype and is really cheap , I phoned England for five to ten mins every day for 6 days and I paid just over $4 for my calls - contrast that to my cellphone company who wanted $1.70 A MINUTE!! The bed is so comfortable too , I had a great nights sleep every night , a few mornings it was only the amazing "rain" shower that perked me up , NYC is certainly tiring! I loved the great big drawer under the bed , perfect to store my suitcase , backpack and assorted cables and chargers! A nice touch in the room is the 2 free bottles of Evian water in the fridge every day , great for when you come back to the room after a hot day sightseeing , again , some well known hotels could learn a thing or two here. Always lile having a room safe too and the model in the CitizenM will be familiar if youve ever toured Europe. Now , my favourite subject FOOD! And beer lol. Breakfast - A choice of Granola , Yoghurt , Fresh Fruits , a selection of pastries , fruit juices and hot food - excellent crispy bacon (just how I like it!) pork sausages , applewood smoked chicken sausages , roast breakfast potatoes (loved those and never had them before!) , frattitas and roasted tomatoes were usually available every day , all top quality and very tasty - plus a complimentary coffee of your choice - add it at check in and save 3 bucks a day (16 instead of 19) trust me its worth it! The lobby bar does a cracking pint of Warsteiner too , although I didnt partake at breakfast time lol!

To sum up , if I am ever back in NYC I wouldnt think of staying anywhere else - the only downside is eventually you have to go home!!!

Stayed July 2014
Hi Duncan1969,

I am so happy you enjoyed your stay here. Your review really touched on everything and I was so glad that our concept connected with you. citizenM is different than most hotels. I am excited that you would stay with us again.

Also, mastering the subways is no easy feat...well done. Most life time New Yorkers still use their phone app...including me!