“Bed Bug Free!!!”

Ranked #211 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Bed Bug Free!!!”
Reviewed 30 March 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed in a King pre-booked hotel from a travel deal site. I was frantically comparing trip advisor reviews with bedbugresitry.com to make sure we would leave bed bug free. Luckily, my time paid off and 5 days later neither he nor I have had any bites. :-)

The hotel staff was very polite & our room was clean and comfortable. Although our room wasn't ready when we got there (around 12:30pm), it was ready when we came back to change before dinner at 5:30pm. Definitely would stay here again!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MLCarwell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed 28 March 2011

I love this hotel, with one draw back... no valet parking. The location is awesome, there is so much to do in the area, nightclubs, shopping etc.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
North Carolina
Reviewed 26 March 2011

We had an excellent time at this hotel The staff were all very friendly & helpful. Room service did a good job. The room was clean & stylish & we especially appreciated being put on the 22nd floor with a view for our week long stay. Being a small & tall hotel meant there were not many rooms on our floor & hence it was fairly quiet. We didn't eat at the restaurant as we were cheap & so if we wanted it, we had a cooked breakfast for $5 around the corner on 6th at FoodParc. Very central location & was ideal for us to go everywhere using the subway & our feet!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank HotelInspector77
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 25 March 2011

We stayed here with our two young children (ages 5 & 6). The rooms were clean and a pretty good size by New York standards. The location is great - within walking distance to the Empire State Building, and with a subway stop half a block away. The staff was very friendly to all of us, including the kids. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank MarylandMel
New Orleans
Reviewed 19 March 2011

If you think you've booked a certain type of room, like two double beds in a non-smoking room, and you've called the hotel and reservations twice to confirm your reservation and told that you will indeed have the room that you booked, then think again at this hotel. We checked in tonight, and were sent to the 24th floor, a smoking floor. The rudest front desk clerk that I have ever encountered - and I've traveled extensively - told me that the hotel was sold out, she didn't care that I had allergies, the room that was confirmed by the hotel in my reservation was not available, and hung up the phone. I called HIlton corporate customer service, who in turn called the same person at the hotel, and she was rude to her own corporate office. The only other hotel that I've had similar types of problems in New York with not getting the room that I booked was the Millennium Hilton, so I canceled my Hilton accommodations for my next trip. There are many wonderful hotels in New York that provide good customer service with quality rooms. We checked out, walked across the street to the Fairfield Inn and Suites, and Daniel at the front desk could not have been nicer or more accommodating.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank JennyNewOrleans
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed 14 March 2011

My wife and I spent two great days in this comfortable, no-nonsense hotel. It was our second visit to the HGI Chelsea within 5 months... this time to celebrate my mom's 90th birthday. When we got out of the taxi the bellman said "welcome back!" He recognized my wife and me from our earlier visit. This is just one small indication of what a good job this hotel does of hiring staff. Everyone in the hotel is accommodating, from the front desk to the wait staff in the breakfast room which serves perfectly cooked-to-order omlettes and eggs. The rooms are clean and modern with very comfortable beds. They are a bit tight on space - not unusual in NYC. The location of the hotel is excellent, just a short walk to either the subway or PATH train. There are only a couple of quibbles: While 28th St. has a number of charming plant and floral shops, there are no interesting restaurants within the immediately vicinity. Secondly, the lobby and public spaces in the hotel (with the exception of the sun-lit breakfast room) are on the small side. Still, the place is well run, the rates are fare for NYC, the rooms and bathrooms are modern and the staff cares. What more do you want from a Hilton Garden Inn?

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 10 March 2011

I loved the hotel.
Great rooms, location and service.
I booked the room at the hotel's web site. Good deal on the pre-paid rooms. Great winter rates. Got a nice room at the 17th floor.
Room with microwave, cofemaker, small frige, great bed.
Close to Empire State, metro lines, Whole Foods. You can walk or metro to any where.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple