Hilton Garden Inn New York/Manhattan-Chelsea
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$371
US$343
  • Room Service
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$199
US$195
  • Pool
The Lucerne Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$367
US$251
  • Restaurant
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$226
US$188
  • Restaurant
Kimpton Muse Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$284
  • Restaurant
The Kimberly Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$322
US$308
US$309
  • Breakfast included
  • Fitness centre
US$291
  • Pool
Stewart Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$246
US$211
Travelocity
US$472
Hotelpower.com
  • Breakfast included
2,154 results
All reviewsflower districtpenn stationnew yorktimes squaremicrowave and fridgemadison square gardentwo queen bedshotel is locatedconvenient locationwould definitely stay here againbusiness centerempire state buildingfront desk stafffew blockscity viewthe high linestreet noise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

Hilton Garden Inn Chelsea is everything anyone needs in a hotel. No more, no less. A great 3-star in a good, off the beaten path, location and perfect for business travel.

The front desk, bellmen, and housekeeping are helpful and function with a friendly professionalism. The rooms are clean and comfortable.

Personally, I prefer simplicity and find the fridge and microwave in each room unecessary, but some guests may like that added feature. The breakfast buffet is a convenient, good value. The lobby is minimal and functional. This was my second stay and I will return without hesitation.

• Stayed: November 2013
hgichelsea, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Manhattan-Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Dear Sal C,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay with us! We are so pleased to hear you had a great experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Chelsea. Our staff does a wonderful job making sure our rooms are very clean and well maintained. Thank you again for your great review, and we hope to see you during your next visit to New York!

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Small, tall hotel on quiet 28th near Penn station (- easy access from JFK/Newark) and 3 underground lines; Ask for an upper room to get city views; all rooms are close to the lift due to small footprint, but we were not disturbed - room was Hilton quality, bed very comfortable. Good value for New York, I would choose to come here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Robin H,

Thanks so much for the very nice review of your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Chelsea! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location pleasing. Our staff does a wonderful job assisting guests and offering personal attention. Thank you for making us your hotel of choice, and we look forward to seeing you next time you are in New York!

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Located in an excellent spot, this hotel is by far one of the nicest places I've stayed at in New York City. The room was spacious and super clean, the bathroom had every amenity anyone could want. The morning of check out my stomach didn't feel so good, management came up to the room, knocked on the door and told us it was check out time. After my boyfriend explained I didn't feel well, the manager came back up in 20 minutes with a ginger ale for my stomach! I couldn't believe the hospitality! This place is amazing and such a pleasant surprise. I'd recommend this hotel to all types of travelers.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear KnightInnAGM,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Chelsea! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location and hotel rooms convenient. We also agree that both our location and hotel amenities in every room are ideal. Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Garden Inn Chelsea in the near future!

Reviewed 17 November 2013

It's always a challenge to find a hotel in Manhattan that is clean and comfortable, but doesn't cost an arm and a leg - so this hotel was a great find.

I needed something in mid-town, and this hotel was only a few blocks from where my business was taking place, so it was very convenient in terms of location. Upon entering the hotel, the lobby is fresh, modern and clean. An even bigger surprise was that the rooms were a decent size, and very comfortably decorated. I had a King room that I could actually walk around comfortably, even with the nice work desk, large flat-screen TV, dresser and closet. The room was clean and quiet (a blessing in NYC - I always prefer rooms facing the back to reduce street noise), and the bathroom was comfortable and modern, as well. The bathroom amenities were Neutrogena brand, which is lovely. Another added bonus was the free WiFi, which worked perfectly.

We didn't eat the breakfast, so I can't comment on it other than there was a large area set up for it. I don't believe it was complimentary, but don't recall the cost. We did have some drinks in the bar area (which shares space with the seating area for breakfast), and it was spacious with interesting decoration.

The staff was helpful and efficient, so no complaints there. The cost was about average. All hotels in Manhattan are overpriced, but this one was slightly less offensive - and the quality of the hotel makes it worth it. Overall, this hotel is a good find and I'll be staying there again on return trips to NYC.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the back are more quiet with less street noise.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear BethanieKay,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Chelsea! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location and hotel rooms convenient and clean. We also agree that both our location and value are ideal.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

This team was very accommodating and flexible. My schedule was crazy and out of my control but Barry was able to adjust my reservation and made no complaints. He also took the time to build a healthy working relationship with me - a regular visitor of NYC. I will definitely be staying at HGI in Chelsea again. Great staff, clean and comfortable rooms, great location.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear ReenaB B ,

Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review about your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Chelsea! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and found our hotel clean and spacious. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Garden Inn Chelsea in the near future! Thank you again for your great review, and we hope to see you during your next visit to New York!