“Couldn't be better!”

Hilton Garden Inn New York/Manhattan-Chelsea
Ranked #200 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 19 February 2011

Stayed at this hotel in February 2010 and fell in love with it and the staff. The staff is amazing!! I was a Marriott girl but after the service here at this hotel, when not renting apartments, Hilton is the way to go! Terrific location, close to many subway trains, very centrally located for getting around and seeing the sights. We got snowed in and had to stay 4 extra nights and the staff was great! I'd gotten a great deal online by paying in advance and they honored our rate for the remainder of our trip. The rates in Winter are fantastic if you want to brave the cold (which we didn't mind doing) and take a chance on the weather (unexpected suprise). All in all a fantastic hotel. Would stay there again!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends

Reviewed 8 February 2011

Our room was clean, the beds were comfy, and we were not bothered by any street noise.
The hotel is in a good loaction, and abt 5 min walk to Heralds Square , Empire State Building etc. The staff were very friendly and helpful, and I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to my friends. We got a very good deal on this hotel from expedia, and should we get a similar deal in the future I would be sure to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 January 2011

Very clean and beautiful hotel. Staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome from the time we checked in until the moment we left! Very good breakfast, nice gym, and extremely helpful and nice front desk :) Will be back soon!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 January 2011

A very polite staff and understanding manager when my wife and I were stranded due to the blizzard. We would recommend this place and will stay when next in NYC.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2011

Great location, close to subway station. Quiet location but felt safe, walked home around 9pm with our 7 and 10 year old girls. The room and hotel were in great condition and breakfast was the best we had on our trip. The only fault was that we were double charged and also had a hold on our credit card for the amount of our entire stay. It was very hard to contact the manager as we did not realise until after we had left NY. We were half way into our holiday and this was the rest of our spending money. After three phone calls from the other side of the country I finally got in contact with the manager. He proceeded to tell me that I did not understand that there was a hold on my credit card and that the money would go back onto my credit card in a weeks time. After the manager checked the computer he realised that I had also been charged twice for my stay and was now over $3000 out of pocket. After he told me I needed a higher credit card limit to cover such mistakes he did apoIogise. I then had to call Australia to arrange the money to be returned to my Australian Credit card the call cost me around $45. I left hotel contact numbers and my email address with the Manager and asked him to contact me when he had transfered the money, I never received any further contact from the Manager or Hilton and my money was back in the account 10 days after we checked out which was the last day of our stay in the USA. I decided to write this to let others know. It ended up costing me extra money in buying more US currency to cover or spending money and over $50 in phone calls.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank AussieManda-10
hgichelsea, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Manhattan-Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2011

Dear AussieManda -10:

I’m very happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and breakfast while on your holiday. At the same time, I’m sorry that a few issues got in the way. While sometimes we encounter computer glitches, there is no reason for being double charged for your stay. The professionalism of our staff is very important to us; we will investigate this matter and ensure that something like this does not happen to another of our guest. I would like to learn more about your visit. Please feel free to contact me via e-mail at silvio.zinnanti@hilton.com

Thank you for your comment and hope to hear from you soon in the near future.

Silvio Zinnanti

Reviewed 18 January 2011

The Hilton Garden Inn Chelsea is a decent place in a good location for most of the places that you would want to go in NYC. Macys and the Empire State Building are a 5 minute walk away, and you can get to Rockefeller Center and Times Square with a 15 minute walk, or a quick subway ride. Union Square, Soho, Chelsea and the East Village are equally as easy to get to. The few blocks around the hotel don't have that many restaurants or nightlife, but there are a few places around that are laid back just east of the hotel. The hotel is in the middle of a street with wholesale flower shops, which is an interesting place to walk in the morning, but shut down later in the day. The street is reasonably safe, but a little on the dark side. There's also a bit of construction going on on the outside of the hotel at the moment.

The rooms are a decent size for NYC, actually enough room to walk around in. The walls are a bit thin, as we heard the couple next door to us, and a cranky 2 year old down the hall.

We had the breakfast as part of our room rate, which was standard breakfast buffet fare, and they have kitchen staff there to make you an omlette or a fresh cooked waffle. We didn't like the coffee, but otherwise everything was OK.

Don't try to drive a car here, since parking is difficult, and the street is very narrow. Use taxis or public transportation if you can. We left our bags at the front desk for the day after we checked out, and it was no problem retrieving them and getting to Penn Station for the train ride back to JFK.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 January 2011

Very close to subways (1/2 block to #1 train and 1 block to N,R,W trains). Quiet and safe neighborhood dominated by flower shops and Chinese imported goods shops. Numerous coffee shops/drug stores nearby, along with some restaurant choices (including a great $1/slice pizza shop at 6th and 25th). Less than 10 minute walk to Madison Square Garden/Penn Station. Free internet (wireless and wired) and a restaurant (breakfast) on premises with a small bar should you like to have a casual drink.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
hgichelsea, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Manhattan-Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2011

Thank you for the great review. Our staff work tirerlessly to ensure yourstay is perfect and any expectation is always exceeded. We look forward to your return to New York and your stay at HGI Chelsea