“Excellent hotel for it's price point”

Hilton Garden Inn New York/Manhattan-Chelsea
Ranked #206 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 25 February 2011

Came to NYC for the Westminster Dog Show with my best friend to revel in the dogs. Having spent a nightmarish night at the Hotel Pennsylvania (see my other review) I found myself on the phone very early in the morning plotting our escape. The Hilton representatives on the phone were so helpful and we ended up at this hotel before breakfast (they were sold out the night before so held our luggage until our room was available and they were kind enough to call us to let us know when it was ready). What a breath of fresh air. I realize there are incredible and much more expensive hotels in this fine city but for the money this was lovely. All of the staff couldn't have been nice, the room was clean, surprisingly quiet, the beds comfortable, the bathroom pretty spacious and the decor was just fine. The Business Center computers were free instead of fee based. We were presented with long stem red roses and kind words on Valentine's Day. We were so happy we made the move and I highly recommend this hotel. It's not the Four Seasons, it's not a unique boutique (both of which I adore) but for the price point it was a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 20 February 2011

This Hilton Garden Inn is probably one of the best overall hotels I have stayed at in the New York City area. The staff was friendly, and professional at all times from the front desk to the management. The Internet access was just upgraded - wired and wireless - and was surprisingly fast and reliable. It was an easy walk to Broadway and Times Square, and had several restaurants within a block.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 February 2011

Stayed at this hotel in February 2010 and fell in love with it and the staff. The staff is amazing!! I was a Marriott girl but after the service here at this hotel, when not renting apartments, Hilton is the way to go! Terrific location, close to many subway trains, very centrally located for getting around and seeing the sights. We got snowed in and had to stay 4 extra nights and the staff was great! I'd gotten a great deal online by paying in advance and they honored our rate for the remainder of our trip. The rates in Winter are fantastic if you want to brave the cold (which we didn't mind doing) and take a chance on the weather (unexpected suprise). All in all a fantastic hotel. Would stay there again!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 February 2011

Our room was clean, the beds were comfy, and we were not bothered by any street noise.
The hotel is in a good loaction, and abt 5 min walk to Heralds Square , Empire State Building etc. The staff were very friendly and helpful, and I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to my friends. We got a very good deal on this hotel from expedia, and should we get a similar deal in the future I would be sure to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 January 2011

Very clean and beautiful hotel. Staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome from the time we checked in until the moment we left! Very good breakfast, nice gym, and extremely helpful and nice front desk :) Will be back soon!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 January 2011

A very polite staff and understanding manager when my wife and I were stranded due to the blizzard. We would recommend this place and will stay when next in NYC.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2011

Great location, close to subway station. Quiet location but felt safe, walked home around 9pm with our 7 and 10 year old girls. The room and hotel were in great condition and breakfast was the best we had on our trip. The only fault was that we were double charged and also had a hold on our credit card for the amount of our entire stay. It was very hard to contact the manager as we did not realise until after we had left NY. We were half way into our holiday and this was the rest of our spending money. After three phone calls from the other side of the country I finally got in contact with the manager. He proceeded to tell me that I did not understand that there was a hold on my credit card and that the money would go back onto my credit card in a weeks time. After the manager checked the computer he realised that I had also been charged twice for my stay and was now over $3000 out of pocket. After he told me I needed a higher credit card limit to cover such mistakes he did apoIogise. I then had to call Australia to arrange the money to be returned to my Australian Credit card the call cost me around $45. I left hotel contact numbers and my email address with the Manager and asked him to contact me when he had transfered the money, I never received any further contact from the Manager or Hilton and my money was back in the account 10 days after we checked out which was the last day of our stay in the USA. I decided to write this to let others know. It ended up costing me extra money in buying more US currency to cover or spending money and over $50 in phone calls.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank AussieManda-10
hgichelsea, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Manhattan-Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2011

Dear AussieManda -10:

I’m very happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and breakfast while on your holiday. At the same time, I’m sorry that a few issues got in the way. While sometimes we encounter computer glitches, there is no reason for being double charged for your stay. The professionalism of our staff is very important to us; we will investigate this matter and ensure that something like this does not happen to another of our guest. I would like to learn more about your visit. Please feel free to contact me via e-mail at silvio.zinnanti@hilton.com

Thank you for your comment and hope to hear from you soon in the near future.

Silvio Zinnanti