“Definitely got my money's worth!”

Hilton Garden Inn New York/Manhattan-Chelsea
Ranked #207 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 6 March 2011

This was my first trip to New York and I had previously booked a double room elsewhere not taking into consideration that my husband and I would fit comfortably on a double size bed. The Hitlon Garden Inn Chelsea offered a comfortable double room with queen beds and private bath within a reasonable price range. The staff was polite, helpful and courteous. All that a hotel staff should be. The rooms were clean as the workout facilities, the business center, the lobby and the hotel entrance. It could use some curb appeal but overall it is a nice hotel. When our small group arrived early, our friends' room were available but not our room. Nonetheless, we left our luggage in their room and by the time we got back from brunch our room was ready. The beds were comfortable and it was pretty quiet at night. The room was smaller than I thought it would be but so is everything else in New York. I'm from Texas where everything is big so my scale is slightly skewed. Overall, it was a good stay.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,117)

Reviewed 3 March 2011

This hotel was surprisingly pleasant. I stopped in early just to see if I could drop off my luggage, but a room was ready so they checked me right in and gave me several bottles of water. Everyone was smiling and very accommodating. Nice part of Chelsea on a smaller, quiet part of 28th street. Will return!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 March 2011

My wife and I went into Manhattan to see a Broadway play and decided to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn/Chelsea. The hotel was fabulous. The staff was friendly from the moment you pull up to the moment they say good bye. They were extremely knowledgeable of all the attractions/stores in Manhattan. The biggest bonus was you could literally walk to any one of a 100 different places or take a quick cab ride. It was centrally located.

If you stay here don't miss the breakfast buffet. It was excellent. I would definitely stay here again.

Reviewed 28 February 2011

Clean, comfortable, modern room in a great location. Free wifi. We were able to park for free on the street, even, on the same block as the hotel. Plenty of restaurants in the neighborhood. We would return again if we ever need a place in the Chelsea area.

Reviewed 28 February 2011

I recently went with my friend to NYC and stayed at this Hilton Garden Inn in Chelsea and had as good an experience as any 5 star hoteil in NYC! The people are extradonary and have a refrigerator and High Definition TV in the room. I have stayed in the hotel on several occasions. The hotel is conviently located in the middle of Manhattan and I give two thumbs up.

Reviewed 27 February 2011

I stayed here for 9 nights, and found the location of this hotel perfect. There is a subway station at the end of the street, and it is only a few minutes walk from Penn station which makes access from LIRR/Airtrain really easy. The location was great, very easy to walk many places.
Staff where very friendly and helpful, it's smaller hotel so the service and experience was a lot more personal. Quiet at night, good heating and internet, great value for location.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Robyncakes
Reviewed 25 February 2011

Came to NYC for the Westminster Dog Show with my best friend to revel in the dogs. Having spent a nightmarish night at the Hotel Pennsylvania (see my other review) I found myself on the phone very early in the morning plotting our escape. The Hilton representatives on the phone were so helpful and we ended up at this hotel before breakfast (they were sold out the night before so held our luggage until our room was available and they were kind enough to call us to let us know when it was ready). What a breath of fresh air. I realize there are incredible and much more expensive hotels in this fine city but for the money this was lovely. All of the staff couldn't have been nice, the room was clean, surprisingly quiet, the beds comfortable, the bathroom pretty spacious and the decor was just fine. The Business Center computers were free instead of fee based. We were presented with long stem red roses and kind words on Valentine's Day. We were so happy we made the move and I highly recommend this hotel. It's not the Four Seasons, it's not a unique boutique (both of which I adore) but for the price point it was a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends