“Great location, great staff, very helpful staff” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Broadway Hotel and Hostel

Broadway Hotel and Hostel
Mandurah, Australia
“Great location, great staff, very helpful staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2009

The hostel was in a great location, walking distance to Central Park, great cheap restaurants close by. The staff were very accommodating and helpful. The had good amenities, and free movies in the common room every night.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2009

I stayed almost 3 weeks at the hostel in a 4 bed dorm. The staff were more than helpful, i always felt completely safe, especially since this was the first coed hostel i was staying in. The room was cold and the hot water not always working, however the bed was clean!!! that was a major factor in staying at this hostel. Yeah there are renovations but it just shows that the hotel is trying to make itself even better than it is. Definately recommend this hotel to anyone, including my grandparents and will be returning November 2009 for yet another wonderful stay. There is a common room - which always showed movies, very friendly atmosphere, location is far from most things but your in NY to sight see so walking everywhere is not a problem.

• Stayed April 2007, travelled solo
minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2009

I am still waiting for a response to my review which is no longer posted. I checked my bag which contained text books and personal items; I handed it to an employee and that is the last time I saw it. It was a lap top bag although for me it contained expensive text books that I needed for my classes. No one was helpful when I tried to pick it up. I tried multiple calls once I returned to Minnesota, I faxed the requested form, Jeremy never got back to me. This left a very negative impression and caused a lot of hassles and expense to replace the stolen items.

Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
Broadwaymgt, Supervisor at Broadway Hotel and Hostel, responded to this review, 9 July 2009
I am very distressed to read this review. We take pride in the fact that our storage system is very secure and very responsible. If you would like you can send an email to guestservices@broadwayhotelnyc.com with a list of items and I will personally look into this situation myself.

Travellers are raving about these New York City hotels

Wexford
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2009

After searching the internet we found the Broadway Hotel to be one of the cheapest hotels in Manhatten, perfect for spending the extra money on sightseeing and shopping! Its located just 3 blocks from the nearest subway and in a lovely part of the island, surrounded by nice restaurants.The rooms were clean with comfy beds, air conditioning, nice powerful shower and were serviced everyday.Staff were really friendly too!Its basic but perfect for tourists who spend the day sightseeing!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
Croatia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2009

This is really not like a hostel as my husband and I know them...there is no common room and the kitchen is basically non-existent, which was very disappointing as this was one of the main ways we hoped to save $ in the expensive city of NY. There is only one fridge which ws always packed solid and hot water and access to showers was limited. Staff were ok, not overly friendly or interested in their customers. A suggestion to the establishment: at least put some decent curtains or blinds in rooms so you are not woken early by the first bit of light, some travellers have travelled far and need a good sleep, no matter if it is morning. Maybe you could find something better??

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2009

Stayed there for 4 nights in the middle of May, 2009. The staff was extremely friendly and very helpful, at all hours of the day and night! The washrooms were very clean, though as in many hostels I've stayed at, on some days there was no hot water past 10am. We stayed in a 4 person room with (very basic) bunk beds (room 223). The room was rather gloomy and must have been located near a kitchen vent or something because there was a constant smell of cooking grease present (this provided us with a core inside joke of our trip, 'the french fry room').

The setup of the hostel was not very conducive to meeting other people and hanging out. There was an area with chairs and a few TVs and a bunch of computers for (paid) internet surfing, but nothing in the way of a place where you could have a drink with people and mingle.

The location was great with a great food place across the street (Broadway Bagel). Tons of options to choose from for every meal. We definitely enjoyed that. The hostel was also 2 blocks from a subway stop. It was a bit of a ride to places like Soho, but the lower price of the hostel was worth it.

Overall, it provided what we would expect from a hostel. It could improve on a couple of things like a bar or better lounge area, free internet, and the closing of french fry rooms :P Still, it was clean and in a good location. Recommended!

P.S. there is a parking garage just down the street.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Broadwaymgt, Manager at Broadway Hotel and Hostel, responded to this review, 5 June 2009
Thank you for your review of the Broadway. We are happy to hear that your stay here was mostly enjoyable.

We always appreciate feedback (whether good or bad), so that we can use it as a guide to continually improve our services. We hope that your next stay will be even more enjoyable.
Rio de Janeiro
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2009

I've been there for 9 nights and it was ok. There are lots of people complaining about the pictures, but there are lots of places that the pictures are even better than the real place.

I stayed at the hostel part at a room with 4 beds and I was luck of having friendly roommates. The bathrooms at my floor were clean almost all the time and the linen and towels were changed everyday. The location is fine, close to places for eating and a small walking distance for the 103st station.

The only thing that I didn't like was the wifi connection, because you have to go to the lobby with the laptop, I think that for the future the staff should install some routers at the other floors... And the wifi signal was very poor, the connection failed lots of times... it was a little bit desapointing.

But if I come back to NY I will consider that place. It was fine for me.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business