“Fun delicious food” 5 of 5 bubbles

Red Farm
Ranked #225 of 13,335 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Upper West Side
Livingston, New Jersey
“Fun delicious food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

We went for a late Saturday night dinner at Red Farm. We had no reservations and the restaurant was full, but they seated us right away at one of the long rectangular communal tables. At first, I thought I wouldn't like the seating arrangement but it was really okay.

We ordered a few entrees and a few small plates and shared all. Food was unusual in taste and presentation and very delicious. Only dish we didn't like was the cold sesame noodles. It had an unusual unidentifiable taste that wasn't to our liking. When we mentioned this to our waiter he immediately took the plate back and substitutes a dumpling dish that was superb

Great fun tasty experience. Will definitely go back for more.

• Hebrew first
Naples
“Fabulous for the price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

If you love really good food, without drama, this is a wonderful place. Great options for all, dumpling are outstanding. Fast, friendly service with a smile. Food was hot and flavorful. We dined at 9 PM and the place was packed but service or quality did not suffer. We had special dietary requests and we had no issues at all. Crispy chicken to die for!
Overall excellent value to the $$. I definitely would go back again and would rate this as one of the 5 best meals of the year for me.

• Visited August 2014
New York, NY
“Crowded, noisy & delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

There's always a line here, which tells you something. One of the things is that there aren't a lot of great restaurants in that neighborhood, just plenty of pretty good ones. And in that regard this place is unique. I've eaten there on three occasions, and had two really great experiences. The third time, the food didn't seem as carefully prepared, but the place was insanely crowded.

I can get tired of "fusion" cuisine, but this place knows how to do it right. Everything I've had here, has been wonderful. For starters I've had the BBQ’d Duck Spring Rolls and the Shrimp-Stuffed Jalapeño Poppers. Both blew me away. There's also a creative dim sum menu from which I've tried the Shrimp & Snow Pea Leaf Dumplings. Also excellent. As an entree I've had the Rice Noodles with BBQ’d Duck Breast, twice. (The second time it wasn't quite up to snuff.) and the Lobster with Noodles, which was worth the hefty price.

So definitely try this place.

• Visited August 2014
Yamba, Australia
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

Fresh, Asian cuisine with a funky flare. Recommend this highly and you need to book ahead as it is always packed.

Visited October 2013
Rome, Italy
“Great birthday dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

First of all: always, always remember to make a reservation if you want to eat at The Red Farm.

Because I was just lucky when I met this restaurant, very close to my hotel (I had just arrived in NY), and decided to have my birthday dinner there with a friend. We were seated in a very short time, had excellent drinks and amazing food.
Dumplings served with tofu soup shots, salads, and some meat bites (sorry, I don't remember the name of dishes): everything was perfect.
Red Farm is more expensive than ordinary Chinese or Japanese restaurants (in Italy, but also elsewhere, I think) but it's a totally different experience. Definitely worth trying.

• Visited May 2014