“great value for money and fit for purpose”
Review of Hotel Alexander

and 1 more site!
Hotel Alexander
Reviewed 14 July 2011

this hotel was perfect for what we needed it for, basically a place to sleep after long days sightseeing and meals out.

My boyfriend and I visited New York for my birthday during December and we wanted somewhere cheap but in a nice area and that is what we got. the Upper West Side is a lovely place to stay, it was so easy to get into Times Square via the subway and I felt completely safe.

The hotel itself was pretty basic, however it was clean and great value for money. there was no need for us to spend double the price on a lodger hotel that we were going to spend so little time in.

There have been negative comments on this website regarding the reception staff however I found them to be very helpful, calling us taxi's straight away and recommending places to eat, particularly a little diner round the corner for a typical American breakfast!!

My only complaint would be that the pipes in the room did wake us up at times but It didn't put us off and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

I recommend anyone to stay here, particularly young people, just don't expect luxury for the price you are paying.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 July 2011

We stayed again in the Alexander Hotel. After two years, I had the same opinion. The location is very good. There are many restaurants coffees and grocery stores near the hotel. Besides, the metro station is very near and convenient. We agree that the room is small, but it is clean and comfortable. Besides, the price is very reasonable. I recommend.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2011

I stayed there for one night with some friends of mine. I really like the hotel's location and the price was quite reasonnable.
The room was good size and beds comfortable.
Will probably go there again on my next trip to NY

Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 May 2011

Our stay was terrible! Looking for a bargain I booked this room, thinking it would be ok. The elevator was so slow it barely moved, the room was tiny and bed hard, the air conditioner sounded like a plane engine, the shared bath tub had dirty feet marks and to top it all off -- there was a FIRE in a room near ours because someone decided to cook bacon. The door on the outside also had a notice that said the building was being condemned by the city of NY. Do not stay here!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DFMILES
Reviewed 20 May 2011

If you are ok with the idea of sharing a bathroom, this hotel is great. It's bare bones, no ammenities to speak of. But it is clean and affordable. It is also in a great area, very convenient to the subway.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2011

If you are not too picky and you are looking just for a place where to rest during the night, Hotel Alexander is a good choice.

The room and bathroom are clean (I had a room with a private bathroom).
The location is not so great but is close enaugh to the metro station.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 April 2011

Good Friendly Service, just have to find the right one at Reception Desk.
My rooms were nice, ensuite bathroom, big space for a solo traveller.
Clean Place, Internet free Wi-Fi at Reception Breakfast Room.
Bid LCD screen in room.
From the place you can easily reached , Central Park, Lincon Center...
Subway a few walking blocks. I used to walk in the morning and I almost reached every
central spot in Manhattan, than came back by Tub
You can shop for food nearby.
I wish they do have a microwave and water electric pot in the room.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo