“Fresh and stylish”
Review of The Leon Hotel

The Leon Hotel
Ranked #228 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Nothing but good things to say about this newly opened hotel. Great with wi-fi in rooms and plenty of closet space. Close to the Manhattan bridge but the trafficking wasn't really disturbing at night. I would recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2014
BeHotel_GM, General Manager at The Leon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Thank you for taking a moment to write about your most recent trip to Be Hotel.

We really appreciate your comments and I was very pleased to read that we are “fresh and stylish” and that you would recommend our hotel. Early in our opening we were experiencing Wi-Fi connectivity issues in our Parlor King rooms, which you stayed in. Due to the feedback from our Trip Advisor page, we were able to identify this problem and address it. I am very happy that we were able to correct the issue and that you took notice.

We definitely hope that you can come back to visit us soon. Should you decide to, please feel free to contact me directly at eaguilar@behotelnyc.com. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Spent a wonderful weekend at Be and was impressed with everything from location to staff to decor to cleanliness. King room spacious with great view of Manhattan Bridge. Easy access to subway and love that great neighborhoods of Chinatown and Little Italy were just down the street. Excellent value. Quiet. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Very quiet and well appointed. King bed is wonderful to sleep in but takes up a lot of real estate.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
BeHotel_GM, General Manager at The Leon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank you very much for your most recent stay at Be Hotel.

I was very pleased to read the "Loved it" headline and that you were "impressed with everything from location to staff to décor to cleanliness." We are fortunate to have a team in place that takes ownership of their roles here and takes pride in what they do. I will make sure that ALL of my staff members are commended for impacting your stay in a positive way.

We are in the process of enhancing our guest experience and we hope that you can return to experience these enhancements. Should you decide to make a trip back to NYC I would hope that you would reach out to me directly at eaguilar@behotelnyc.com. I look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Great new hotel in the city, location is great and accessible to major subway lines. Next to Chinatown and Little Italy. Views of Manhattan bridge, Freedom Tower, and downtown are awesome from the rooms. Rooms are well equipped with comfortable beds, and the service was great. A package arrived after we had left the hotel, and a staff member took a taxi to Brooklyn and hand delivered it. Totally exceeded my expectations!

Room Tip: Ask for higher floor possible
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking a moment to write a few kind words about Be Hotel in regards to your most recent trip to NYC.

I was delighted to read that that you felt our “service was great” and that we exceeded your expectations. I vividly remember this Sunday and us delivering the package to you in Brooklyn. We definitely try to help our guests in any capacity we can and I am glad we were able to do that for you. Javid was the front desk agent who delivered the package before your flight. I will make sure to commend him for his efforts.

Again, thank you for writing about Be Hotel and our staff, it is greatly appreciated. We definitely hope that when you come back to NYC that you stay with us again. Should you decide to, please feel free to reach out to me directly at eaguilar@behotelnyc.com.

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for the weekend - the room was spacious for NYC, and the hotel was simple and nice. But what was extraordinary is that the man at the front desk walked 2 blocks with our luggage to meet my husband in the car because the road was blocked off for a park parade. He wouldn't even accept a tip, though we insisted. Regrettably I forgot his name, but what a memorable experience. Thanks Be Hotel!

• Stayed: June 2014
BeHotel_GM, General Manager at The Leon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Thank you for staying with us at Be Hotel for your most recent trip to NYC.

It was great to read that our staff went “above the call of duty” and assisted you with your bags during the road closure as a result of Pride NYC. The young man’s name who helped you is Dante, who has been great addition to our team since we opened. I will make sure that he gets recognized for his efforts over the weekend.

We truly believe that customer service is the backbone of Be Hotel. I truly believe that we are more than just “simple and nice’ but we also know who we are. While you may not find the most luxurious of accommodations, you will find a TEAM who is dedicated to providing our guests with a clean, comfortable environment and hopefully creating many more “memorable experiences.”

We are in the process of enhancing our amenities and I hope that you come back to visit us so that you may experience these improvements firsthand. Should you decide to come back to Be Hotel, please feel free to reach out to me at eaguilar@behotelnyc.com.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Stayed at Be hotel for 5 nights. Chose it because of the locations - Chinatown area is one of my favorite. The room was really small, but that wasn't a problem. There was no cupboard for clothes not even some hooks to hang the clothes note a single chair. That was quite a downside. Otherwise the rooms was nice and clean, the shower was working perfectly and the bathroom was functional. Everything went so well and the staff at the reception was kind and helpful, but as the check-out time is at 12 and my flight was in the late afternoon I asked if it's possible to store the luggage for an hour or so. That was possible so I left 2 suitcases and my bigger purse there. At the airport I noticed that my euros were gone...i had counted the euro notes in the morning and now there were only coins left... not so nice surprise! Also some Hungarian forints which I had in my other wallet were missing. I shouldn't have left my wallet and purse there but somehow i trusted that if i store something, even some money for hotel baggage store it would have been safe there. S be careful and don't do the same mistake!

Room Tip: Choose as big room as possible!
7  Thank shoptravelfood
BeHotel_GM, General Manager at The Leon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Thank you for staying with us on your most recent trip to NYC. It seems that there were some positives and some challenges during your stay which I would like to address.

I was happy to read that you were pleased with the "nice and clean room" and our "kind and helpful staff." I also read that you had some issues with the Superior King Room you booked.
The SPK is our most modest room and unlike all of our other rooms, due to lack of space, there is no closet in the room. I will look for a solutions to this issue based on your feedback.

You emailed me shortly after the lost monies incident happened and we have been in communication since. Based on surveillance footage that I reviewed, I found no wrong doing on the part of the staff. I also mentioned in my previous email that if I found someone to be guilty of this that I would respond accordingly but as mentioned above, I did not find any wrong doing.

This is a difficult situation from both sides. We never want a guest to leave unhappy or slighted in anyway and it is impossible for me to assign blame if I cannot prove that this took place. I feel terrible that monies were lost but based on the information I saw, we were not responsible.

Should you want to discuss the matter further please email me at eaguilar@behotelnyc.com

Eduardo Aguilar

***Note to our readers- Our hotel is monitored 24/7 by cameras and your belongings are safe and locked in our storage area. Theft in our hotel is NOT tolerated and if anyone is found to have stolen while on our property they will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law***

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Stayed at the Be one night with my brothers and sister for a family reunion dinner in Manhattan. We had a "family suite" which had beautiful modern decor, outfitted with two double beds, one queen bed, and, most importantly, two bathrooms. The queen bed was even in its own separate area that can be closed off from the rest of the room. Everything was immaculate and the beds were very comfortable. The staff at the front desk (especially Javi) was very helpful in not only checking us in, but giving good directions to nearby sites. The hotel's location is good, within walking distance to the 9/11 Museum (about 20 min. walk), and a subway station. We were on the fourth floor and had absolutely no traffic noise. I highly recommend this hotel.

1  Thank LFitzgeraldFan

Thank you very much for your most recent trip to Be Hotel and for all the positive feedback!

Our housekeeping staff works very hard to keep the rooms clean and "immaculate" and our front desk team always tries to make things easy for everyone by always offering assistance. I will make sure to let Javid know that he impacted your stay in a positive way.

The goal with our suites seems to have worked! The spaciousness and additional bathroom make a BIG difference when travelling with several people. I am glad that you were able to take advantage of the room and that it worked out for you and your family for the reunion.

I hope that when you decide to have another reunion in NYC that you come back to Be Hotel. Should you decide to please email me directly at eaguilar@behotelnyc.com

Reviewed 6 June 2014

His take: I just finished spending a few nights at this hotel. It was initially a bit difficult to find, since the entrance is sandwiched between Popeyes and a Budhist temple, and there is the word "Be" above the door. This hotel does not have food or a large lobby. What makes this hotel great is the comfort, cleanliness and service that was provided. Before my stay began I emailed the manager Eduardo about a fitness center, he relied to my email promptly. The room is a bit small but more than adequate for our needs, the beds are extremely comfortable (I got the manufacturer and models of the pillows and mattress for my next home purchase). My room was on the second floor but it was so quiet that I didn't hear any of the city sound with the exception of an occasional police siren. With the curtains closed the room was dark enough for a pleasant afternoon nap. I liked the location a lot, right in Chinatown and adjacent to Little Italy. Soho was in walking distance and two blocks from the B-D subway line. The stay more than exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed: June 2014

Thank you very much for taking a few moments to write about Be Hotel and commending our "comfort, cleanliness and service."

It was a pleasure to provide you with the details prior to check in with regards to the gym. Having a neighborhood gym where our guests can go for $10.00 a day with a room key is a nice treat. I hope that the mattresses will be just as comfortable in your new home as they were here in the hotel for your afternoon naps!

It is always great meeting new people and I am glad that I got chance to talk to you and your family several times throughout your stay. We definitely hope to see you soon at Be Hotel.