“Credit card issues”
Review of The Leon Hotel

The Leon Hotel
Ranked #220 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Great place to stay expect when it came to my payment im now regretting it. Its been a week I've been calling them for unexpected holds being placed into my account and finally just yesterday they released one of $128. But then turns out they put another one on! $231 my bank had told me the hotel requested it be put on yesterday incase damages to the room were done like what i stayed there over a week ago wouldnt they know of my damages very fed up with this and the manager has only contacted me once hopefully today itll be fixed my card wasn't even used for the holds in the beginning of my stay only the payment just very irritating that its still not fixed yet but besides that it was a nice hotel but i would not stay again after this issue

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Cp123456
Eduardo A, General Manager at The Leon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Thank you for staying with us on your most recent stay in NYC.

I want to apologize for not returning the authorization that was taken at check in, in a timely fashion. Authorizations usually take 5-7 business days to be returned after check out, which is a common business practice. Until yesterday, we were at the 6th day marker. We spoke on the phone and I wished you would have mentioned your frustrations then, as opposed to only mentioning it via this platform.

I am glad that we were able to get the matter rectified within the hour after you called. We again apologize for the delay in returning the funds to your credit card. We would love to welcome you back but we completely understand if you are reluctant to do so as a result of this. If you change your mind please feel free to contact me directly at eaguilar@behotelnyc.com, we would love to welcome you back.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Now that our daughter lives in NYC, the Be Hotel will definitely become our "go to" hotel for visits. Our room was reasonably priced, very comfortable and a good size for NYC. Modern bathroom, drawers and closet for storage, nice flat screen TV, and a super-comfy bed. We were on the 5th floor and heard no street noise. The staff is friendly and eager to help with tips and suggestions for restaurants and airport transportation. After a busy day in the city, it was the perfect oasis to relax and recharge.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jody77
Eduardo A, General Manager at The Leon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2014

Thank you for staying at Be Hotel on your most recent visit to NYC.

We would love to welcome you back anytime you visit your daughter in New York again and we would be honored to be your “go to” hotel. When you are in a PLK (Parlor King) these room face Chrystie Street which is generally a less busy street than Canal. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed our “modern bathrooms, flat screen TV and super comfy bed.”

My favorite part of this review was you mentioning “The staff is friendly and eager to help with tips and suggestions for restaurants and airport transportation:” I have been fortunate as a manager to have a great staff that really has your best interest in mind. We aim to have that one on one connection with our guests. At Be Hotel, you are truly more than a room number!!

We definitely hope that you can come back to visit us again. We wish your daughter well in her new apartment in NYC. On your next visit I would urge you to reach out to me directly so that I may take care of the reservation first hand. I can be reached at eaguilar@behotelnyc.com.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

As someone who stays in NYC just about every week for business, it's always tricky finding a clean, convenient, quiet hotel downtown. Be Hotel was a gem. The front desk staff was kind and friendly, the room was large, comfortable, and modern. I'm actually hesitant to post this review as I want to keep it a secret!

2  Thank Lauryn B

Thank you for staying at Be Hotel on your most recent visit to NYC.

I know the feeling of finding a great place and wanting to keep it a secret too! We are humbled by the fact that you have chosen us to be on your personal “Gems of NYC” list. We above anything else believe in a strong customer service culture and one that is consistent. If we do that right, we will continue to be successful. We hope that you can visit us more regularly and experience that first hand.

If you are here almost every week for business, you should reach out to me so that we may discuss a corporate rate for you that would be mutually beneficial. Should you decide to come back for business or for leisure, please reach out to me at eaguilar@behotelnyc.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

i would stay there again!!! I had a marvelous stay in Be Hotel. Wonderful interiors, very good service and some excellent dining too, the staff even let me use their computer. Very reasonably priced too for a luxury hotel.

2  Thank santobifulcomd7

Thank you for staying at Be Hotel on your most recent visit to NYC.

We must have done something right to have such an emphatic headline. I will definitely share this team effort review with our staff. They made your stay an “awesome” one and made you want to stay again. We definitely try to have a balance between value and luxury. With so many different hotels focusing solely on one of these characteristics, I feel our team and the hotel does a great job of meshing the two together. We have some new exciting additions coming to the hotel as well to further enhance the guest experience. We hope that you may experience them on your next visit.

I hope that we can welcome you back in the near the future. Should you decide to come back to NYC and visit Be Hotel, please feel free to contact me directly at eaguilar@behotelnyc.com.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Really enjoyed the special treatment given by Ross and others, with suggestions for places to eat and things to do. The room was clean and reasonably sized. Would definitely consider staying here for upcoming trips.

Room Tip: Good views on east side
2  Thank Hal M
Eduardo A, Front Office Manager at The Leon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Thank you for staying at Be Hotel on your most recent visit to NYC.

I will make sure to commend Ross (Guest Service Agent) for his efforts in helping you with some suggestions “for places to eat and things to do.” Ross joined our team during construction and has been a great addition to our staff ever since. I am glad that you found the room to be “clean and reasonably” sized as well. We have other rooms that are significantly larger at almost 500 sq. ft. should you require more space.

We definitely appreciate you talking the time to write about Be Hotel and hope that you would strongly consider us for your next visit. Please feel free to reach out to me directly when you are ready. I can be reached at eaguilar@behotelnyc.com. I look forward to hearing from you!

Reviewed 14 August 2014

The Hotel staff were an absolute treat. They helped me surpirse my girlfriend while she was in New York for some work. Super friendly, helpful and knowledgable from the front desk to the room service and maintenance. The location of this hotel is great, too. Plenty of good food around good for starting excursions. Rooms are new, clean and well fitted. No thrills but then again this is a convenience hotel for a low price. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank KonanXXL
Eduardo A, General Manager at The Leon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with Be Hotel on your most recent stay in NYC.

It was an "absolute treat" having you stay with us and organizing the surprise for your girlfriend. I hope that she enjoyed the rose pedal arrangement and the champagne in the room. I was pleased to read that you found our staff to be "super friendly, helpful and knowledgeable." As a self-proclaimed foodie, I agree with you with that there is “plenty of good” good near us to satisfy most cravings.

I was genuinely happy that we were able to be in on the surprise for your girlfriend and that you and her both enjoyed your time with us. We definitely hope to welcome you both back in the future. Should you decide to come back, please make sure to reach out to me directly. I can be reached at eaguialr@behotelnyc.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

We're a family of professionals with young children. We've stayed at many NYC hotels in the past years, and we think we've found a clear winner. Be Hotel is a great mix of style, comfort, affordable and quality. There was attention to details in every aspect, from the check-in in the modern lobby to the clean and spacious rooms to the wonderful staff. We all said 'WOW' when we entered the room. We felt relaxed and on vacation right as we stepped in.
Location is ideal. Right near a subway station. Easy to get you uptown/downtown. Easy to walk everywhere. Check-out was easy and no hidden fees.
If you're a family, book the family room. It is a gem. Three plush beds, flat-screen TV, coffee machines, and the extra: a 2nd bathroom, pure luxury!
Thank you to the entire team, Eduardo the manager is professional and cares about his team and his guests. We already look forward to our next stay. Merveilleux, on recommande!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank KimFamilyMtl
Eduardo A, General Manager at The Leon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Thank you very much to you and your family for staying with us on your most recent trip to NYC and for taking the time to write this great review.

I was delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay at Be Hotel from start to finish. From the initial “WOW” when you stepped into the room to the “great mix of style, comfort, affordable and quality” you enjoyed during your stay. I agree with you 100% that if you are a travelling family to book the family suite. With all you described it is a great deal and one that has been going fast. We only have 5 in the hotel so I would recommend booking early.

We truly work hard to make sure we impact our guests and I humbly thank you for recognizing the hard work and effort of the staff. While I am the voice of Be Hotel on Trip Advisor there are other people who make this hotel what it is. Christine our HSKP Manager keeps our rooms clean and fresh while Joseph our Front Office manager makes sure we run smoothly at the desk.

We definitely hope that you and your family can come back soon. Should you decide to come back please feel free to reach out to me directly at eaguilar@behotelnyc.com. We look forward to your next visit.

Vous êtes merveilleux aussi!!!