“Be very good” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #127 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Canberra, Australia
“Be very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2014

Nice new no-frills hotel, very clean and comfortable, everything worked in the double room, which was spacious enough for two people (not a couple) sharing. Only trivial gripe may be that the lift (elevator) is a bit slow which can be slightly frustrating if in a hurry -- but not a deal-breaker by any means. Location is convenient to Chinatown, Little Italy, etc. and Canal St subway station. The rate (on booking.com) was quite good in comparison with other similar properties in the Lower East Side. Front desk staff were all very helpful and friendly. Would stay here again under similar circumstances.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank AshAdvises
Eduardo A, General Manager at The Leon Hotel, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Be Hotel on your most recent visit to NYC.

I too wish that there was another lift in the building, regrettably I cannot change that. Thank you for not letting that be a deal breaker, it was not a deal breaker for me either. I was pleased to read that you found our doubles (Superior Double or Studio Double) rooms to spacious and “very clean and comfortable.” **As a note to our guests, the superior double offers a better view that looks directly at the Manhattan Bridge while the studio double offers more space, with couches coming late September.**

We hope that you would stay again under any circumstances! Should that be the case please feel free to contact me directly at eaguilar@behotelnyc.com. We look forward to hearing from you.

Eduardo Aguilar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2014

I was very impressed by the Be Hotel. I always stay in boutique hotels, so I expect very small rooms. This was a very nice sized room! Very clean, modern, comfortable, and quiet. The staff was very pleasant - from front desk to housekeeping.

Very close to the subway. At first I wasn't so sure about the proximity to other activities. But turned out okay. Our primary reason for being in NYC was the US Open. Essays commute. Also easy trip to Times Square - no transfers. Never had to transfer more than once to get anywhere. Only once did we find that it was difficult to get somewhere via subway. Kind of an odd location - on edge of Chinatown, but also a short walk to Little Italy and many good restaurants.

Quality and price more than made up for location. Would definitely go back!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Karen P

It is great to read that you were “very impressed” by Be Hotel and that you found the rooms to be “very clean, modern, comfortable and quiet.” All very important attributes to a good hotel. The group was a pleasure to host and I am glad that you had a great time in not only seeing the US Open but seeing Times Square and the Yankee’s game as well.

We hope that you can come back and visit us for next year’s US Open. Should you decide, please make sure to reach out to me directly. I can be reached at eaguilar@behotelnyc.com.

Banstead, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2014

Does what it says on the tin. No frills but very clean and comfortable. Staff very helpful and room had great view of Freedom Tower. Only drawback was location which was not central enough for us. Also, as there was no bar, tried to find liquor store but couldn't find one for love nor money...but not something that would put us off again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tourist336
BeHotel_GM, General Manager at The Leon Hotel, responded to this review, 3 September 2014

I've never heard “does what it says on the tin” before, but I like it! I was delighted that you found the staff to be “very helpful” and I wish that you would have asked us for help with regards to the liquor store. There is one right around the corner and a 24 hour deli not too far as well. We also have a saying in the states, a closed mouth does not get fed. We are here to help!

While we are not central, I do however believe that we are very accessible. If walking you can access Soho, Little Italy, LES, Nolita and the Financial District. If taking the train this opens you up to so much more, the West Side, Yankee Stadium or Brooklyn via the B/D train or the East Side via the 6/N/Q/R/J.

We definitely hope that you can come back to visit us again so that you may experience a slightly more enhanced experience. Should you decide to come back please email me directly at eaguilar@behotelnyc.com.

Norwich, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014

The hotel is located in Chinatown and near Little Italy so loads of choice for restaurants. All the of the staff were helpful and friendly. The rooms are larger than most hotel rooms in NY and the bed was very comfortable. I would definitely recommend the Be Hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Tom M

I will pass on to our staff that they were all “helpful and friendly.” This attitude is a cornerstone of who we are and I am very pleased that we met your expectations. I was also pleased that you found the rooms to be large and the beds to be comfortable. A hotel is not much if not for a comfortable bed!

We definitely appreciate you recommending people to Be Hotel. Should you or anyone you know wish to visit New York, please have them reach out to me directly at eaguila@behotelnyc.com. We look forward to hearing from you!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

It's was better then I expected the customer service great, the room was great, location great .. The best hotel I have every stay in ny. The only thing is I wish they had a mini refrigerator in the rooms but I didn't mind going down to get ice. Overall a great experience will highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Yalanda R
Eduardo A, General Manager at The Leon Hotel, responded to this review, 30 August 2014
Thank you for staying at Be Hotel on your most recent visit to NYC.

It seems that we are great all around, customer service, room and location. I will make sure to commend the Be Team on a job well done in exceeding your expectations during your stay. Everyone works diligently to create an experience for each of our guests. The mini fridge is something that is on my radar and I will looking at this to possibly happen early next year. I will keep everyone posted on this progress.

We hope that we can welcome you back soon. When you decide to come back please feel free to reach out to me directly so that we can take care of you again. I can be reached via email at eaguilar@behotelnyc.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

Great location (in Chinatown and near Little Italy), spacious room and lovely views. I stayed at the Be Hotel for a couple days and there was only one negative thing I have to note: Housekeeping did not do a great job in cleaning our room. Towels were not replaced, new ice bag was not provided, and garbage was not fully disposed of. One more thing, it will be very difficult to find parking unless you don't mind paying up to $20/day.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MARIE1211
I first want to apologize for us not meeting your expectations and ours, during your visit to Be Hotel. I will make sure to touch base with my housekeeping manager about these issues. We will use this as an opportunity to learn and to be more consistent moving forward with our room cleaning procedures.

I was happy to read that you found the hotel to be in a “great location” and found the rooms to be spacious and with lovely views. Being near a lot of great neighborhoods and at the foot of the Manhattan Bridge does have its perks! You hit the nail on the head with regards to your advice on parking. I would always recommend arriving through taxi or public transportation.

We hope that we can welcome you back so that you may experience Be Hotel and the surrounding neighborhoods again. Should you decide to come please reach out to me directly at eaguilar@behotelnyc.com.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

Very good hotel + reasonable prices right at the edge of Chinatown. My first time in NYC so loved the location - not too touristy, lots to do and see, Brooklyn bridge nearby which is awesome.

Only real downside, just 1 lift which took a while as I was on 6th floor.

Would defo recommend.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank royalbluegar
Eduardo A, General Manager at The Leon Hotel, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Thank you for staying with us on your most recent stay in NYC.

I was pleased to read that you found the hotel to be a very good hotel and reasonably priced. We definitely try to create a balance between the price point and the amenities provided. The location is not “too touristy” as you mentioned and that to me adds to the flavor of Be Hotel and the neighborhood.

We hope that this will not be your last time to NYC. When you decide to come back, please reach out to me directly at eaguilar@behotelnyc.com. We look forward to your next visit.