“Best steakhouse in NYC” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Benjamin Steakhouse

Benjamin Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Benjamin Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #283 of 13,477 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$10 - US$150
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between Park and Madison Avenues
Description: Peter Luger chef of 20 years, Arturo McLeod left to open his own restaurant - Benjamin Steakhouse. For serious steak-connoisseurs, Benjamin is a must visit. The restaurant, located in the heart of Manhattan, offers the finest and carefully selected prime USDA meat, dry aged to perfection. Wide selection of wines and vintages for pairing. The 5,000 square foot restaurant features a ten-foot working fireplace, rich chocolate brown leather seating, oak wood paneling, vaulted decorative ceiling, and modern brass amber toned chandeliers.
Strongsville, Ohio
“Best steakhouse in NYC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

I have been to at least six steakhouses in NYC and this is my favorite. From the hostesses who checked us in to the manger who greeted me by name, it could not have been a better start. The best was yet to come. We were fortunate to get Ricky as our waiter and if you read other posts, you will see that what I say is true. He was one of the best waiters I have ever had. He was very personable, and really wanted my wife and I to enjoy the night and take our time. He recommended a wine based on what we were having for dinner. It did not disappoint. The meal was excellent and the side dishes were even better. Not once did we feel pressured to leave the table and made up feel like we were the most important people there. Thanks for a great evening.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank JBThree

• Korean first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What an awesome experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

I'm not a steak eater, but the service and pasta was awesome! I can not remember the last time I had a great time and felt super special at a restaurant. Ricky was our server and I was completely in awe of his skills and attentiveness. It was the best!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Austin, Texas
“Simply delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

This was my wife and I first trip to New York. We were invited to make a very close friend's annual 4th of July trip and absolutely enjoyed it. My friend was always talking about Benjamin's and this awesome server Ricky, well I finally got to experience his awesomeness. Ricky was very professional but with a family like attitude. His advise on what he thought I would enjoy was right on point, even his recommendation of the bourbon pecan pie for dessert. Oh and how can I forget the delicious slab of bacon with the best tasting potatoes I've ever eaten outside of home. Thanks Ricky for proving my friend right.

To Benjamin, Mario and Johnny we will be back next year for sure.

The Parker's

1 Thank Reggie P
Carlsbad, California
“Not that great”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

Ordered room service from Dylan hotel - a simple chicken ceaser salad - chicken was dry and tasteless, amount of romaine lettuce was less than the chicken, dressing "on the side" may have been in the little dish for a week. Just not worth the money they are charging for a meal.

Visited July 2014
Elyria, Ohio
“BEST STEAK, BEST STAFF & BEST POTATOES”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

We had our annual 4th of July trip to NYC and of course our group ALWAYS goes to Benjamin's Steakhouse during each trip. This year we had 9 at the table (a couple newbies) and we were once again treated as family. If you read reviews here about Benjamin's you have seen the name Ricky pop up a lot. There is a reason. He is simply THE BEST. He makes you feel welcome without being over bearing and always assists with picking out the right steaks and the right amount of steaks. Now, I saw a previous reviewer speak ill of the potatoes at Benjamin's. I was shocked. I believe we ordered 3 helpings of their potatoes because they are so good. When you go for dinner, please take my advice and get the potatoes with your meal. Thank you again to Ricky, Mario, Johnny and Benjamin. Our group had a phenomenal experience again. See you all again in September.