“Great steaks, that's it.”

Benjamin Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Benjamin Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #209 of 14,311 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$10 - US$150
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between Park and Madison Avenues
Description: Peter Luger chef of 20 years, Arturo McLeod left to open his own restaurant - Benjamin Steakhouse. For serious steak-connoisseurs, Benjamin is a must visit. The restaurant, located in the heart of Manhattan, offers the finest and carefully selected prime USDA meat, dry aged to perfection. Wide selection of wines and vintages for pairing. The 5,000 square foot restaurant features a ten-foot working fireplace, rich chocolate brown leather seating, oak wood paneling, vaulted decorative ceiling, and modern brass amber toned chandeliers.
Reviewed 13 August 2014

The filet mignon I had was the best steak in my life. The meat piece was generous and cook to perfection (as a 50$ steak should...). The side orders, sold separately, were highly priced and really not that special. I took the key lime pie to finish and I was disapointed.

Good wine list and service.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,056)

Reviewed 13 August 2014

This was our second visit to Benjamin's. I really enjoyed it the first time and wanted to go back. I was not disappointed. Benjamin's knows how to grill a steak. I had the 20 ounce rib eye and it was delicious. My wife had the salmon and enjoyed her meal. But really when you go to Benjamin's, you have to go for the steaks. I read it was one of the top steak restaurants in the country in a magazine, and I can attest it is the best steak restaurant I have been to in NYC.

1  Thank Carl H
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

We took our family of four here for my sons birthday. We made reservations on open table and were seated as soon as we arrived. Our kids are big Steak eaters and we contemplated the steak for four, but opted for the filet mignon instead. It was a good choice as we each had plenty of steak. I would recommend splitting a baked potato with someone if you order a salad for two. There will be plenty to eat. I had the beefsteak tomatoes and fresh mozzarella. We asked for olive oil and balsamic vinegarette to pour on our tomatoes. Everything was delicious and they put a candle in my sons ice cream sundae and sang happy birthday. Great place to eat when visiting New York City.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

My wife and I enjoyed an excellent meal at Benjamin's. My steak was cooked to perfectly and my wife was pleased with her Tuna. The wine and service was exceptional. My dessert, a chocolate mousse cake was the highlight of our trip.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Food was amazing, steak cooked perfectly to my taste. Staff were so attentive. Was a little pricey but worth every dollar. Can't wait to come back to New York and visit Benjamin's again.