The Sutton Residence
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in New York City
See available hotels
The Bernic Hotel(New York City)
  • Restaurant
Roger Smith Hotel(New York City)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel 48LEX New York(New York City)
  • Breakfast included
Oakwood Cosmopolitan(New York City)
    • Breakfast included
    • Room Service
    New York Marriott East Side(New York City)
    • Room Service
    Good 3.5/5
    • Free Internet
    See what travellers are saying:
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 3 January 2013

The sutton residence was a perfect fit for my recent trip to the city. The location and price were exactly what I was looking for! The manager Bruce was helpful and accommodating but never intrusive. I highly recommend that you consider the sutton residence. It is actually an apartment with 5 available rooms for rent. There are 3 bathrooms to share. The place was clean and comfortable. I will admit the beds were a little hard and the bar downstairs was a little noisy but those things would not deter me from choosing it again. Thank you Bruce for helping to make my trip to the city amazing!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
    2  Thank LoriVerrill
    Reviewed 22 August 2012

The Residence is in fact a large apartment with kitchen, living room, 3 bathrooms and six bedrooms. It is located over a barbershop and a small café/bar on 47th Street (corner Lexington) very close to Grand Central Station. There are plenty of parking lots around, the cheapest ones being on 46th St. between 1st & 2nd Ave. Expect to pay around $35/24hr in that area unless you have a discount coupon (available on the internet).

Reservations were made through internet. Confirmation came back quickly within 24 hrs. A week before the date of arrival, our room was reconfirmed. Note that payment must be in cash only. Upon arrival, we were greeted very nicely by Bruce. He showed us to our air-conditioned and very clean room and let us settle in. Located at the front of the building, the room itself contained only a comfortable double bed and a night table with four thick towels on it. No television or any other amenities. A chair would however have been useful. The bathroom right near door had a large shower.

Later, Bruce gave us the keys (front and bedroom doors) and explained the set-up. We had access to the kitchen (fridge, stove, microwave) and living room, and could use the t.v., phone (local calls) and computer. Note that there is no room service (make your own bed).

We slept well considering that we were in the center of Manhattan. Traffic was very reasonable in the evening and did not overly disturb us. Earplugs are still a good precaution as there is a small bar underneath and one can hear the music and the people talking loudly sometimes. The use of the kitchen was a godsend since food can be expensive in Manhattan. Overall, the place is comfortable, reasonably priced and extremely well-situated near restaurants, buses, etc. Really a good value.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
    3  Thank Lyncroft
    Reviewed 3 August 2012

I arrived late Sunday afternoon and at first was a little confused because there is no external sign for the Residence and I wasn't sure if I had the right place. However Bruce, the manager, was waiting for me and answered the door promptly. He kindly helped me get my bags inside and so the lack of a lift was not too much of a problem. I found the place comfortable and conveniently located for the subway and food stores.
    There are only a few rooms and so it was not difficult to get bathroom and kitchen access. Yes the rooms are small but it is New York and that's par for the course. There is wifi if you have your own computer but if not there is a laptop computer available for guests' use and a phone if you don't have a cell phone to use. In short there is everything that you need.
    This was my third visit to NYC and I was very comfortable at Sutton Residence. If I make it to NYC again I will definately stay there. It is great value for money.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
    2  Thank FAinsley
    Reviewed 21 July 2012

This place is perfect for those who look for a cheap place in the center of Manhattan. Great location, price and Bruce, the owner, is really kind!.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
    Reviewed 28 May 2012

A good experience in this guesthouse. A good and afordable solution in the center of Manathan if you do not mind sharing the bathroom. Friendly owner. A little bit more attention to bathroom cleanliness could be possible even if I understand you can not clean after each guest.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple