All reviews turkish bath room ipad bedroom loft nespresso machine room service new york indoor pool view of the empire state building murray hill star service night manager beautiful hotel nice toiletries full kitchen beautiful lobby subway station rooms are quiet
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This was my third visit to this hotel and unfortunately it was not as good as the previous times. We were celebrating a milestone anniversary. When we arrived, our room was dirty with stained carpets. I complained and they immediately rectified the situation and then upgraded us to a one bedroom. The new suite has two balconies with amazing views of the Empire Street Building. I also like the convenience of the fridge and the microwave.
The location is perfect as always - close enough to important sites but removed enough to be tranquil.
The new roof-top bar is a must. Perfect for cocktails with an amazing view.

Areas for improvement:
- Some of the front of staff were friendly and helpful, while others seemed bored and disinterested.
- the design of the shower resulted in a lot of water all over the bathroom floor which made it a bit slippery/hazardous.
- there wasn’t always a doorman on staff to open the front door. This would have been helpful when I struggled to open the front door whilst carrying all my luggage.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay at the Marmara, but just missed the quality of service that I had received on prior stays. I will come back again and hopefully the quality of service will return.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
AlexK6378, Public Relations Manager at The Marmara Park Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

We appreciate your feedback, ELCW11.

We're glad you appreciated our prime location and roof-top bar, but we're disappointed that your stay with us was less than ideal. We regret that our service failed to meet your standards. We will address your concerns with our team moving forward.

We hope to have you stay with us again so we can share a more positive experience with you.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Hotel is in best place in NYC
Subway is in walking distance to Main Entrance Door.

Beautiful entrance and great welcoming
Hotel rooms are amazing, very clean, smell is amazing.

You should try gym, swimming pool and Turkish Bath.

Restaurant for dinner is amazing and specially breakfast OMG you should have it

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business

Thanks for the great review, ArmandGAlt!

It's wonderful you enjoyed your stay with us so much! We strive for excellence so we're thrilled you appreciated not only our prime location and clean rooms, but also our top-notch restaurant! Your praise lets us know we're doing our job!

We can't wait to host you again soon for another amazing experience! Have a stellar day!

Reviewed 17 September 2018

After a wonderful trip across the Atlantic on the Queen Mary 2 we were looking forward to staying in NYC and was booked into the Marmara Park Ave. No front doorman to help with our luggage (we was seen at a later date). Very disinterested receptionist gave me an ordinary room which continued to have a lot of air-conditioning problems, it was either freezing or hot, my friends room was the same. I could take up pages on how ordinary this hotel is but instead I just wish to warn others. I checked out after 3 days to the fabulous Dominick (next review) and as I was paying more at the Marmara ($828) this is shocking. Apparently they could charge crazy prices because of Fashion Week!!! The final straw was when I was checking out the disinterested receptionist wanted to charge me an extra $US18 per night for facilities such as spa/swimming pool, I didn't use these and the property advertises that it has them, not that extra charges will be incurred. I didn't pay, enough was enough and I had certainly had enough.

Room Tip: Dont book, choose a different hotel
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank judi291
Reviewed 17 September 2018

My wife and I stayed in this hotel in a " studio " room at the end of August 2018.
The hotel is sited in a rather uninteresting area but a 15 minute walk can take you to The Grand Central station part of the city which has far more activity and buzz. The spartan entrance area of the hotel is decorated in off-white with pseudo marble columns ,two lecturns serve as rather inefficient check in desks. After leaving this first section much of the rest of the hotel's public parts such as corridors and lifts are uniformly black.
The studio prefix merely indicates that the good size room has microwave cooking facilities sink etc. Our room faced an office block across the street which meant that
curtains needed to be closed to ensure privacy.
Plus points are that the room was cool and quiet,a real bonus for New York and there was a decent pool with Hamman next to it. The metro stop a few yards away made for convenient travelling.
Staff were very incompetent when it came to luggage transfer to the coach for cruise passengers.It took over 30 minutes to locate bags which they had misplaced.

Room Tip: Higher rooms,studios not worth the extra cost
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chidham37
AlexK6378, Public Relations Manager at The Marmara Park Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback.

We're disappointed to hear that your experience was tarnished by your interactions with some members of our team. Please know that we are dedicated to providing only the most attentive and courteous service to each individual staying in our hotel so we'll be sure to discuss your concerns moving forward.

We hope you'll give us another opportunity to host you in the future for a more positive experience.

Reviewed 16 September 2018

The hotel is based close to the empire state building within walking distance of time square etc.Away from the noise but close enough to exploring. The hotel room was lovely. Plates, glasses, cutlery, coffee machine, fridge and toaster. Bathroom toiletries etc replaced daily. The staff though polite were uninterested in us. No small talk. Just seemed cold and mechanical. They were also unhelpful when we enquired about a taxi to the airport (this maybe because it's so easy to hail a cab but there were 4 of us so we knew we needed a larger one) . They told us it would be $90 to LAG even though it's closed than JFK which cost $52. They later came to the room and told us to go down at 7am to ask reception to sort a cab for 8am. The doormen opened the door as and when they chose (we are perfectly capable of opening the door ourselves but couldn't understand why they did it for some people but ignored us). Desk staff also didn't respond when we walked back in from being out, a simple hi or did you have a great day would have been nice. Wouldn't return just down to the lack of customer interaction

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends

Thanks for taking the time to leave your review, Suzi.

We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We're happy that you loved our prime location to so many attractions. We strive to provide our guests with warm hospitality, efficient service, and clean rooms. Regarding your concerns with our team's service, we will bring those to the attention of our team as we continue to improve for the future.

We'd love to share a more positive experience with you next time. Have a beautiful day!