Book In Advance
Tours from Shop Gotham NYC Shopping Tours tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

All reviews garment center tour sample sales soho nolita no pressure to buy new york booked this tour marla showroom garments designer shoppers guide jewelry nyc
Reviewed yesterday via mobile

Marla provided our family with the names of the BEST stores to visit based on our interests and personal information. Her information was invaluable and allowed us to make the most out of the limited time we had for shopping. Next time we are in town we hope to do one of the guided tours with Shop Gotham. Thank you, Shop Gotham!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Elected this tour as a gift for my sister while she was visiting based on some great reviews. She was absolutely thrilled with the program. She shopped her heart out, loved the guide, and had a sensational morning.

Reviewed 8 October 2018

Took the Garment District VIP tour, my guide was Melanie. 6 different showrooms in a 3 hour timeframe. It was a great mix of designers and we had the opportunity to meet 4 designers/owners. Purses, jewelry, scarves and clothing.

Melanie was great and kept our group on time and moving. She had a great rapport with the showrooms which made the group feel very comfortable. There was no pressure to make a purchase.

This was my 2nd tour with Shop Gotham and I highly recommend it. I can't wait to take another tour with Shop Gotham!

ShopGotham, Owner at Shop Gotham NYC Shopping Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Thank you so very much for this terrific review! and for taking the time to write and post
So happy you enjoyed yourself, the program and your guide.
And of course, we would be thrilled to have you back again!
all the very best

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

This was a fantastic tour that I would highly recommend to anyone interested in fashion and shopping. Our guide Camber was outstanding. I loved seeing behind the scenes and meeting the designers. Thank you for a wonderful morning!!

ShopGotham, Owner at Shop Gotham NYC Shopping Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Emily, many many thanks for taking this time to write and post this review. Most importantly, we are so happy that you enjoyed the program and Camber.

Reviewed 25 July 2018

My daughter and I really learning more about how the garment industry really works. We especially loved meeting several designers who talked about their creative, marketing and logistics processes. We both made some purchases as well! Our tour guide was lovely and informative. Great time for us both!

Reviewed 2 July 2018

This was so much fun and we got some wonderful bargains. Camber Carpenter was a terrific and personable guide. We visited 6 showrooms with each being different. There were only 5 of us and we were very compatible so had a lovely time. It's so fun to see the inner workings of the industry and talk to the designers. Everything was very close together so there really was not a lot of walking.

ShopGotham, Owner at Shop Gotham NYC Shopping Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2018

hi Loni and thank you so much for your wonderful review. So very happy that enjoyed yourself and found some "goodies".
I will share this with Camber.
Many thanks again and all kind regards,

Reviewed 20 June 2018

I was looking to do something fun and easy with a group of friends in NYC, which wasn't too expensive. I had a great experience with Shop Gotham and we would definitely do it again! We ate our way through New York City! I would recommend this to everybody!

ShopGotham, Owner at Shop Gotham NYC Shopping Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

thank you Cindy! what a wonderful review and we are so glad that you had a great time. Much appreciation for taking the time to write and post so that others can know how fun this is.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Excellent tour through Gotham Tours! Loved meeting the designers and being able to shop at discounted prices!! Our guide, Sarah, was AMAZING!!

thank you so very very much for taking the time to write and post this lovely review. i will share with Sarah
We are so very happy that you enjoyed yourselves!

Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

I had went with my mom and we had the BEST time! I am a fashion student and it was really awesome to see behind the scenes at some showrooms and shop at a deal!! The prices were very reasonable and the clothes/accessories were absolutely amazing! Jaque was also such a great fun tour guide! Definitely would recommend!!!

ShopGotham, Owner at Shop Gotham NYC Shopping Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2018

Thank you Bryannah! so very happy you enjoyed the program. An exclamation always makes me very happy.
So appreciate you taking the time to write and post this lovely review.
all the very best, Marla

Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

I booked the private SOHO/NOLITA “chic boutique” shopping tour for my wife and two teenage daughters. They absolutely loved it. It was one of the highlights of our visit to NYC. Our tour guide, Keve, was super friendly and knowledgeable. She had lots of good inside information and tips and steered the girls towards some great deals. Highly recommended!

ShopGotham, Owner at Shop Gotham NYC Shopping Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Thank you so VERY much for taking the time to write and post this wonderful review. Most importantly, we are so pleased that your girls had a wonderful time. We never tire of hearing this. Many thanks, Marla