Empire Hotel
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$205
US$195
Room Mate Hotels
  • Pool
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$189
US$157
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$220
US$198
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
Row NYC Hotel(New York City)
US$182
US$148
  • Bar/Lounge
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$382
US$350
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$291
US$223
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Soho Grand Hotel(New York City)
US$353
US$333
  • Restaurant
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$209
  • Restaurant
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$377
US$250
Official Site
  • Room Service
Archer Hotel New York(New York City)
US$324
US$299
Agoda.com
6,542 results
All reviewslincoln centered's chowder housegossip girlpool deckcentral parkcolumbus circlegreat locationrooftop barnew yorkupper west sidejunior suiterooms are smallaround the cornertimes squarenycstarbuckssubway
Reviewed 24 October 2011

room typically small for NY but served it's purpose. Chris the Concierge is the bomb! He made our stay in NYC fabulous! He was more than helpful- he went that extra mile and always appeared pleased to do so. Every hotel should have a Chris! He is the the KIng of the Concierge!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
EmpireManagement, Manager at Empire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2011

Dear magsprice,

Thank you for posting your feedback of the Empire Hotel on TripAdvisor. We are so pleased to hear you enjoy your stay and I agree that Chris is the "bomb"! I look forward to sharing your posting with him. He does an amazing job! Look forward to welcoming you back to the Empire in the near future!

Reviewed 23 October 2011

I recommend the Empire to anyone traveling to NYC who is interested in a great location and excellent service. The hotel staff -- from Michelene at the front desk to Mike at the door and many others -- was amazingly helpful and very friendly. My room was typically small for NYC but efficient. A no-nonsense traveler, I enjoy hotels that go out of their way to be greener and more efficient. In spite of its size, my tenth floor room had what I needed to make my stay comfortable. Wifi was complimentary, the bed and linens were super comfortable, the shower was powerful, the bathroom was well-stocked with plush towels and soaps/shampoos/lotions, and the flat-screen TV provided the news I needed at the end of my long days. What little I did not find, the staff gladly and quickly provided. In addition, I was able to print my boarding pass at the office center free of charge. I enjoyed the hotel's chic decor and beautiful vintage design. I also noticed an active night scene in the lobby/bar area, although I was busy and did not partake of it. One cannot beat this amazing location... a stone's throw from Central Park, Columbus Circle, Lincoln Center, the subway lines, a Starbucks, and so much more.

Room Tip: For those who want big rooms, you can pay more and get a suite. A colleague said her suite was huge.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business

Dear F B,

As the Assistant General Manager at the Empire, I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I look forward to sharing your feedback with the entire Empire Team. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Empire the next time your travels bring you to NYC.

Reviewed 23 October 2011

Our visit to New York should have started in late August for three nights but as we were travelling from Boston on Amtrak we were delayed for two days by hurricane Irene.

This meant we arrived at 6pm on our last day feeling very tired and jaded. Our booking at the Empire Hotel had been cancelled instead of reduced to 1 night by our UK agent, so this felt like the final straw.

How wrong we were however, with a very supportive team on front desk , who simply said "dont worry we will make sure you have the rooms you need for tonight". This level of support continued the next day as we were unable to get information on our ongoing Amtrak service, and were offered a later checkout whilst the Concierge tried to get information. This level of customer service was really excellent, and made our stay a pleasure. Well done !!. (Sorry this review has not been done earlier).
The public areas in the hotel are excellent, with a beautiful period style to the lounge area adjacent to the front desk, and a modern well decorated restaurant, where we enjoyed a very good breakfast.
Our rooms were good with excellent en suite facilities, and although they were small were large enough for our needs.
Previous reviews were correct in this respect, and for us the biggest drawback was definately the single glazing on the windows which allowed traffic noise to penitrate.

We balanced this against the location of the hotel with the small Dante park in front which offers a glimpse of greenery, and keeps the main streets to each side, plus the fact that the Lincoln Centre for performing arts is alongside, and Central Park is just 1 block away. A short walk takes you down Broadway to Times Square and we felt fortunate to have been close enough to have got a glimpse of the New York we wanted to see.
We feel this a good location for visitors.

Would we return? Yes - a short stay (up to 3 days) would be on the cards for 2012.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family

Dear Alleyns,

Thank you for posting your feedback on your most recent stay at the Empire Hotel thru TripAdvisor. Travelling during Hurrican Irene was indeed difficult and I can only imagine how exhausted you were upon arrival! I am so proud to hear that our staff was so supportive during such a difficult time for all our guests. I can tell you that it is during times like these that it becomes very clear how much our team really cares for our guests and wants to ensure their comfort at all times. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Empire and hope the weather cooperates next time around!!!

Reviewed 22 October 2011

. . . but the down-sides: 1. The horrific noise ("background music" at an unbearable volume) in the foyer/reception area. 2. We had to ask for new towels, as the room, despite having been cleaned, hadn't had the towels replaced. These took 30min to arrive (we were on the 2nd floor) - not particularly impressive when we were tired!
The hotel itself was clean and tidy, and the staff were unfailingly helpful a courteous. A special mention to Romeo who helped on several occasions. We found the hotel ideally situated for many museums, the Lincoln Centre, and Ed's Chowder House just next door. Central Park, Columbus Circle and central Manhattan were a short walk. A good place to stay for our first visit to NY.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Empiregmanager, General Manager at Empire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2011

Dear Richard A,

As the General Manager of the Empire Hotel, I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. We take our guest's feedback very seriously and utilize it as a tool to assist us in continuing to enhance our levels of service. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Empire Hotel in the near future.

David McManus

Reviewed 21 October 2011

Mostly good. The room was smaller than any we've had but beautifully decorated etc. Bathroom also small though it had a big shower! Everything modern and very clean. Apart from the size, the only downside was the noisy aircon outside the building. The second day we came back to our room to find that suddenly, winter heating was in place and our room was like a furnace! Asked if it could be changed and it was done while we went out to eat so no problem. Free wi-fi supposedly only available in public areas but I got on it in the room too. Service was excellent at all times - the concierge was so helpful, chatty and friendly and made us feel he really cared that we had a good stay in New York and at the hotel. We only ate breakfast at the hotel which was expensive (but it IS in NY and it is a big central hotel so not surprising). There wasn't a massive selection on the breakfast buffet but it was good and plenty of it. The lounge and reception areas are impressive and a great place for people watching - during the moments resting our feet after being out and about. This was our 1st visit to NY and I hope it won't be our last. We'd certainly come back to this hotel if it met our needs at the time. Just don't have anything from the minibar without checking the price. We didn't want anything but looked at the price of the wine. A bottle of white wine was $76! Such a shame we only had 2 nights here and would have loved a room with a view of course.
I would have rated sleep quality higher if it hadn't been for the noisy aircon outside as the bed and pillows were great. Also would have rated the room higher if it had been a bit bigger.

Room Tip: Ask for one with a view
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear mirandayork,

As the Assistant General Manager of the Empire Hotel, I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback on your most recent stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Empire the next time your travels bring you to NYC.