“Pleasant Stay”

Ranked #309 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Pleasant Stay”
Reviewed 19 December 2013

the stay was very pleasant and the staff were very helpful.
They even offered a late check out free of charge.
I wasnt happy with the sleep due to the pillows being uncomfortable. Other than that, i was very satisfied.
Kudos to the concierge in booking us a Broadway show. He was very familiar and very friendly.
Will definitely be back.

Dear Mohamed A,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience from The Empire Hotel on Trip Advisor. I am thrilled you enjoyed the comfort of your room and the service of our team met your expectations. I will be sure to share your feedback with them. They love to receive recognition for their efforts. I appreciate the comments on the pillows, we will address immediately. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Empire Hotel the next time your travels bring you to New York.

gm@empirehotelnyc.com
(212) 265-7400 ext. 7343

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (971)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Annapolis
Reviewed 19 December 2013

The location cannot be beat.
Friends have an apartment nearby, and we were able to enjoy their neighborhood favorite places simply by walking. Happy to be able to get so quickly into the park from the hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends

Joseph R, Manager at Empire Hotel, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Dear Joseph M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience from The Empire Hotel on Trip Advisor. We welcome all guest feedback as it gives us an opportunity to improve what we offer and learn from our guests’ experiences. It is awesome to hear that the location of the hotel and service provided by our friendly staff met your expectations. I am glad you found us and we hope to see you the next time you visit your friends. Thank you for staying at The Empire Hotel.

gm@empirehotelnyc.com
Los Angeles
Reviewed 19 December 2013

The Empire Hotel has been a mainstay for me and my family for 50 years and it has never failed to be more than satisfactory. The location across from Lincoln Center and a block from Central Park makes it extremely convenient. The rooms are clean, generous in size, and the staff helpful. There is often quite a party scene at night that makes it festive in the lobby and on the rooftop, but the rooms are quiet and private. The junior suite is an especially good value if you are a group of 3 or 4.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Dear oboela,

Thank you for taking the time to post a detailed review from your most recent stay at The Empire Hotel. I am glad that you and your family continue to enjoy the vibe of the hotel and ambiance of the Lobby Bar. At The Empire Hotel we have many amenities and outlets all designed for the comfort and convenience of our guests. In addition, our hotel offers a phenomenal location steps away from Central Park in the middle of Lincoln Center. Please contact me directly at gm@empirehotelnyc.com if you ever need assistance at The Empire. Thank you for your continued loyalty to our hotel. We cannot wait to see you again.

Happy Holidays,

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I travel back and forth between LA and NY and stay a week at a time at this hotel because I really enjoy it. Nick at the front desk is great - makes me feel welcome and VIP every time, even though I am just a regular traveler. very professional.
eric

Room Tip: great rooms
Dear 1016Eric,

Thank you for the great comments in your review on Trip Advisor. I am glad that overall you enjoyed your stay and the service provided by our staff. We are lucky to have great people like Nick on our team that are committed to providing personal and genuine service. It is awesome to see that The Empire is your home away from home when traveling to the East Coast. If you ever need assistance at our hotel, do not hesitate to reach me at gm@empirehotelnyc.com. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Empire Hotel the next time your travels bring you to New York.

Regards,

Ramsey
Reviewed 19 December 2013

The heating unit was totally uncontrollable. Had to unplug the unit completely to get the room down to a tolerable temperature. Guest closet was so poorly designed that you could not hang any long garments. There was no hot water in the shower for well over 20 minutes. And the glass panel in shower stall itself, which was European style, was not installed on the correct side of the stall. So, water during the shower went all over the small bathroom floor.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo

Dear John A,

Thank you for taking the time to post a detailed review from your most recent stay at The Empire Hotel. I appreciate your candid comments which will allow us to correct deficiencies and make improvements. I appreciate you bringing the room challenges to our attention. I have also sent you a message via Trip Advisor so that I may locate the room number. Please contact me directly at gm@empirehotelnyc.com if you would like to discuss your experience or if you need any assistance. I hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back to The Empire Hotel. We have many room options available and the next time you stay with us, I would be happy to personally find one that is best for you.

Travellers are raving about these New York City hotels

Los Angeles, California, Usa
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I wanted to like the place, due to it's excellent location, but couldn't. The positive things were Ed's Chowder House restaurant within the hotel, A+ food and service (waiter Luis). Also noteworthy is the black female bartender in the lobby's bar (makes a mean Cosmo). Other than that the facility does not have a professional staff nor are the staff attending to details like assisting with hailing a cab or opening the front door in bad weather. Accommodations were not what was promised. Pull-out sofa bed had a badly stained mattress. The staff is disorganized and the Concierge can't be a professional due to his condescending nature, in the long run wasn't helpful at all.

Dear CandiGirl90266,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review from your most recent stay at The Empire Hotel. I am disappointed and concerned to hear of your negative experience. Your feedback is unusual and not typical for our staff.
I have shared your comments with our Front Office Management team and we will address accordingly. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Thank you for your patience and understanding. Please contact me directly at gm@empirehotelnyc.com if you would like to discuss your experience or if you need any assistance. I hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back to The Empire Hotel.

Cincinnati
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Excellent location for events in Lincoln Center. Convenient to subway and taxis are always available. Can walk to the theater district on a good day. Restaurants nearby. Safe, excellent service. Rooms and bathrooms are small.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

maurizio b, General Manager at Empire Hotel, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Dear John J H,
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share online your experience at the Hotel Empire.
I am happy to hear you had a great time and enjoyed your stay with us. Our commitment is to create special and memorable moments for our guests all the times.
I hope you found at the Empire your new home away from home!
Do not wait too long before you come back to visit us.
Please feel free to contact me directly at GM@empirehotelnyc.com and I will be more than happy to personally assist on your future reservation.
All the best,